Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia

When are these guys going to learn? Obama is not going to say anything unless it is on his teleprompter...

Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

I do NOT like Obama. BUT this is retarded. He CAN NOT say anything as it is an on going incident. Actually he is showing his smarts by refusing to discuss it. Those pirates have access to the news and would know anything he said almost as fast as he said it.

Ya he should cut the legs out from under whom ever has to deal with those pirates by running his mouth for the News.

When are these guys going to learn? Obama is not going to say anything unless it is on his teleprompter...

Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

I do NOT like Obama. BUT this is retarded. He CAN NOT say anything as it is an on going incident. Actually he is showing his smarts by refusing to discuss it. Those pirates have access to the news and would know anything he said almost as fast as he said it.

Ya he should cut the legs out from under whom ever has to deal with those pirates by running his mouth for the News.

really.....how about we are doing everything we can to bring them home....

you know....

HOPE

you know....

HOPE

you know....

HOPE

How about grow the hell up and learn to fight the REAL battles and not make ones up for fun? The President has all kind of problems and is dangerous. You do not need to manufacture fake problems. You waste our time and you give the left leverage to dismiss even the correct and proper complaints by pointing out STUPID shit like this.

Same old idiots, same old partisan bullshit.

You know, a handful of guys on a US drug erradication mission were held hostage for fucking years under the Bush administration and they weren't even on the presidential radar. In five years here's what Bush had to say:

America's Forgotten Hostages - TIME

In five years Bush mentioned these guys ONE fucking time.

Two days into to this you guys are jacking your jaws.

Dumb asses.

Hey, looks like someone reelected Bush for a 3rd term!!!:eek:

Get over yourself, hack.

When we get this guy released I'll be sure to remind you again that the last administration allowed these guys to rot in the jungle for five years. No talks, no attempts, no military. And they were on a US mission. Thanks God we have competent leadership now that has these guys in sight. Doing something. Something > nothing. And nothing is what you got before. Nice to have some folks in charge that don't sit on their ass while Americans are held hostage.

I'll start the thread in your honor when we get this home.

To what point? I don't care what the last administration did, anymore than I gave a damn what the Clinton administration did when Bush was president. You starting a thread proves nothing and makes no point anymore than your posts in this thread.

Except that you are blind, partisan hack with no REAL clue what the fuck is going on.

Next thing one of you lot is going to demand Obama swim out there and exchange himself for the skipper.

Not at all.

Just a statement.

You know...Leadership.

Remember, he had his chance. But he said that housing was more important.

Situation is fluid at present. But then, folks like you are hoping for failure, no matter what it costs other Americans. You are a pitiful bunch. Some of you even hope for a deadly attack on the US so you can whine that President Obama should have stopped it in spite of the fact that Idiot George left the southern border unprotected for eight years.
as did Clinton, were you just as pissed at him?

It sounds to me like they are doing everything they can, why does the POTUS have to say something about it while the situation remains unresolved?

It sounds to me like they are doing everything they can, why does the POTUS have to say something about it while the situation remains unresolved?

No No, the President of the US should be LEADING the negotiations and personally commanding the task force at the scene. I mean it IS ONE American Merchant Marine after all, we don't have to many of them any more.

As for another dumb ass whining about American hostages in the deep Mountains and Jungles of a foreign country, what exactly should the President have done? Invaded an ally , offered to pay a ransom?

The way it works is that what ever agreement we made going in determines the responses we have when crap like that happens. Doesn't matter WHO is President. It does not work the way TV has it going, JAG Lawyers or NIS Agents ( not even FBI Agents) are going to do a hell of a lot in a foreign Country that directly relates to rescuing hostages. Makes for good TV but does not happen.

No No, the President of the US should be LEADING the negotiations and personally commanding the task force at the scene. I mean it IS ONE American Merchant Marine after all, we don't have to many of them any more.

As for another dumb ass whining about American hostages in the deep Mountains and Jungles of a foreign country, what exactly should the President have done? Invaded an ally , offered to pay a ransom?

The way it works is that what ever agreement we made going in determines the responses we have when crap like that happens. Doesn't matter WHO is President. It does not work the way TV has it going, JAG Lawyers or NIS Agents ( not even FBI Agents) are going to do a hell of a lot in a foreign Country that directly relates to rescuing hostages. Makes for good TV but does not happen.

lol ... thankfully, I don't watch TV for anything non sports related. It does seem like they have a skewed vision of what exactly the POTUS can and can't do as well as what's prudent for the situation. Hell, I know I'm not entirely sure what can and can't be done but what I do know is the POTUS coming out and saying the same thing other officials are saying isn't going to change things one lick. Personally, I think a lot of the folks bitching about this would have bitched no matter what Obama said or in this case didn't say.

lol ... thankfully, I don't watch TV for anything non sports related. It does seem like they have a skewed vision of what exactly the POTUS can and can't do as well as what's prudent for the situation. Hell, I know I'm not entirely sure what can and can't be done but what I do know is the POTUS coming out and saying the same thing other officials are saying isn't going to change things one lick. Personally, I think a lot of the folks bitching about this would have bitched no matter what Obama said or in this case didn't say.

I agree. No matter what he did here these people would be making a mountain out of a mole hill. And it irks me no end, when they have legit complaints they can be making and that won't be giving ammunition to the other side to point out this bullshit and rightly claim " much to do about nothing".

No one said he has to. He's had something to say about everything else though. Why wouldn't he address this?

An American is hostage to pirates in an international setting. The President is our representative in international settings and he is the one we want to hear from.

This is a test for him as our leader. He isn't faring so well, IMO, so far, in his other endeavors. HE is the CinC. He is the one that makes the call in this setting. If he's got time to kiss all that Euro-and-Arab ass, certainly we are worthy of a soundbyte?

I agree. No matter what he did here these people would be making a mountain out of a mole hill. And it irks me no end, when they have legit complaints they can be making and that won't be giving ammunition to the other side to point out this bullshit and rightly claim " much to do about nothing".

And again, if this happened while Bush was President, I'd be cleaning up 10-20 threads about it. My entire point is the double-standard by which the left holds their own as opposed to the bullshit attacks that were the hallmark of the Bush administration.

That they can't see it themselves is not only telling, it's scary.

No one said he has to. He's had something to say about everything else though. Why wouldn't he address this?
An American is hostage to pirates in an international setting. The President is our representative in international settings and he is the one we want to hear from.

This is a test for him as our leader. He isn't faring so well, IMO, so far, in his other endeavors. HE is the CinC. He is the one that makes the call in this setting. If he's got time to kiss all that Euro-and-Arab ass, certainly we are worthy of a soundbyte?

What I think the motivation is (other than that it wont change anything) is assume he comes out and says something like, "I am monitoring this very closely and providing every resource in my power to the folks handling this situation. My thoughts and prayers are with the captain's family in their time of crisis."

THEN

Shit goes south and these pirates kill the hostage. The POTUS is now standing there with nothing but his dick in his hand and people will have oodles of ammo to attack him with.

And again, if this happened while Bush was President, I'd be cleaning up 10-20 threads about it. My entire point is the double-standard by which the left holds their own as opposed to the bullshit attacks that were the hallmark of the Bush administration.

C'mon, Gunny, both sides have their alarmist hacks that are looking for any possible reason to attack, attack, attack no matter what the issue is.

Quick, there's a hostage situation in Bumfuck, Alaska, where's Obama? :lol:

so the shipping lanes are bumFUCK alaska to you?

funny.....what "island" are you from :lol:

Explanation.

This is a satirical response to those Obamacrits who are demanding he fixes everything at once. They want him to take charge of the Somali hostage situation. So, why not have him sort out that standoff in Bumfuck? :lol:

My island is continent sized :D

We have lots of Maryannes and Gingers.....plenty of Gilligans too, come think of it!

Last edited:

you know....

HOPE

I thought Biden did the stating the obvious thing already?

Last edited:
Deflection - the last defence of those incapable of mounting an argument or producing a half-decent rebuttal :lol:

Come on, produce something worthwhile discussing, this is getting boring.

i don't like obama, nor do i think he's doing a particularly good job as POTUS.
given that, i think he's handled this situation correctly by keeping his mouth shut. why should the POTUS be involved with negotiations with criminals?

if this were like the mayaguez incident, where a sovereign nation had taken over a us flagged ship, i would feel otherwise.
Bingo.

C'mon, Gunny, both sides have their alarmist hacks that are looking for any possible reason to attack, attack, attack no matter what the issue is.

I'm comparing one thread here to the ones I used to have to clean up after Bush did or didn't do something the left didn't like and there is no comparison. The left tries to be "right" and win with swarm attacks, day after day.

Look at this thread. How many people tried to deflect this to Bush? That's okay though, but don't let me bring out what really happens in comparison.

I think not.

Forum List

Back