Obama declines comment on US hostage crisis off Somalia

Well the dumbarses are outing themselves by the minute :lol:

This childish and petty namecalling of your president and criticism him for supposedly not doing what you want is a fucking hoot.

If he'd say anything you'd be yelling he shoulda kept his mouth shut! :lol:

Fuckwits but amusing fuckwits :D

Not nearly as amusing fuckwits as YOU fuckwits are. Not a decent post amongst the lot of you. If Bush was still President, there'd be at least 10 "Why isn't Bush doing something?" threads all over this board. How quickly you forget.

Deflection - the last defence of those incapable of mounting an argument or producing a half-decent rebuttal :lol:

Come on, produce something worthwhile discussing, this is getting boring.

The deflections started with you and YOUR ilk, bubba. You best go back and re-read the thread. Try wearing your glasses this time.:lol:

Next thing one of you lot is going to demand Obama swim out there and exchange himself for the skipper.

Not at all.

Just a statement.

You know...Leadership.

Remember, he had his chance. But he said that housing was more important.

Situation is fluid at present. But then, folks like you are hoping for failure, no matter what it costs other Americans. You are a pitiful bunch. Some of you even hope for a deadly attack on the US so you can whine that President Obama should have stopped it in spite of the fact that Idiot George left the southern border unprotected for eight years.

No you partisan pair of clownshoes, how about when a reporter asks about the situation of an American hostage Obama shuts the fuck up about re-financing your home and gives us an update ?.......

Deflection - the last defence of those incapable of mounting an argument or producing a half-decent rebuttal :lol:

Come on, produce something worthwhile discussing, this is getting boring.

i don't like obama, nor do i think he's doing a particularly good job as POTUS.
given that, i think he's handled this situation correctly by keeping his mouth shut. why should the POTUS be involved with negotiations with criminals?

if this were like the mayaguez incident, where a sovereign nation had taken over a us flagged ship, i would feel otherwise.

Or such as the situation where China held the crew of the USN aircraft forced to make an emergency landing. I remember thinking Bush did a good job with that, comments were at the right level and not empty threats. That was a time when comment from your president was absolutely necessary (while the backchannels were obviously going at speed as well).

As you indicate, this isn't a nation to nation situation, it's common criminals v international authorities.

So, you other folks - do you get it now?

A US flagged ship is NOT "international authorities" nor is the USS Bainbridge an international ship.

And yeah, we get it. You had one standard for Bush and another for Obama. That's been obvious since the primaries begun.

Anything else you'd like to know?

Because I sure as Hell recall thread after thread after thread of foaming at the mouth lefties wanting to hang the President of the U S by the highest yardarm for the actions of criminal National Guardsmen at Abu Ghraib.

Hey Gunny....I'm thinking four well-trained army snipers. All four gives the "all-clear" signal, then a countdown from 3 and no more hostages.

(wait for it...all the Obamatrons will talk about how dangerous that is and how dare we use force when the pirates didn't hurt any of us).

Hey Gunny....I'm thinking four well-trained army snipers. All four gives the "all-clear" signal, then a countdown from 3 and no more hostages.

(wait for it...all the Obamatrons will talk about how dangerous that is and how dare we use force when the pirates didn't hurt any of us).

I just read up on it. The portholes on the lifeboat are closed. Oh, and the snipers on a US Navy warship would be Marines. It's not in the news but you can bet there's a MEU close at hand. That's 2500, BORED Marines.

However, no matter how good the sniper, shooting at distance in the open sea isn't going to accomplish anything.

Now if you're talking fastroping a Recon squad from a 46 onto that lifeboat it wouldn't last long. I think however they are trying to save the hostage.:lol:

I just read up on it. The portholes on the lifeboat are closed. Oh, and the snipers on a US Navy warship would be Marines. It's not in the news but you can bet there's a MEU close at hand. That's 2500, BORED Marines.

However, no matter how good the sniper, shooting at distance in the open sea isn't going to accomplish anything.

Now if you're talking fastroping a Recon squad from a 46 onto that lifeboat it wouldn't last long. I think however they are trying to save the hostage.:lol:

Ahh...enclosed lifeboat. Damn.

I thought they were in the open.

We do want the hostage to stay alive too.

I'd love to see the U.S. (and allies) set up a blockade off Somalia's shore. Patrol it with fighters too.

After a few pirate ships are used for target practice, I think they might think twice.

Same old idiots, same old partisan bullshit.

You know, a handful of guys on a US drug erradication mission were held hostage for fucking years under the Bush administration and they weren't even on the presidential radar. In five years here's what Bush had to say:

President George W. Bush has mentioned the hostages publicly only once, when he visited Colombia last year.
America's Forgotten Hostages - TIME

In five years Bush mentioned these guys ONE fucking time.

Two days into to this you guys are jacking your jaws.

Dumb asses.

Last edited:

You know, a handful of guys on a US drug erradication mission were held hostage for fucking years under the Bush administration and they weren't even on the presidential radar. In five years here's what Bush had to say:

President George W. Bush has mentioned the hostages publicly only once, when he visited Colombia last year.

Dumb asses.

I know this story. It is a shame. Bad on Bush's part, most definitely.

Bush should have acted as soon as it happened.

And so should Obama.

I guess the two of them have something in common.

Dumb asses.

Hey, looks like someone reelected Bush for a 3rd term!!!:eek:

Get over yourself, hack.

Dumb asses.

Get over yourself, hack.

When we get this guy released I'll be sure to remind you again that the last administration allowed these guys to rot in the jungle for five years. No talks, no attempts, no military. And they were on a US mission. Thanks God we have competent leadership now that has these guys in sight. Doing something. Something > nothing. And nothing is what you got before. Nice to have some folks in charge that don't sit on their ass while Americans are held hostage.

I'll start the thread in your honor when we get this home.

Dumb asses.

Get over yourself, hack.

When we get this guy released I'll be sure to remind you again that the last administration allowed these guys to rot in the jungle for five years. No talks, no attempts, no military. And they were on a US mission. Thanks God we have competent leadership now that has these guys in sight. Doing something. Something > nothing. And nothing is what you got before. Nice to have some folks in charge that don't sit on their ass while Americans are held hostage.

That "leadership" said shut the fuck up about this until he's done talking about housing........:eusa_whistle:

Get over yourself, hack.

That "leadership" said shut the fuck up about this until he's done talking about housing........:eusa_whistle:

Well crapiola! And I thought he was supposed to be soooooo dayuuum good at multi-tasking. :lol::lol:

C'mon guys, we have to be a bit realistic. We have to get into their heads.

Were Obama to fumble this hostage thing up, it's the kind of thing that could start perpetuating the perceptions of incompetence which are growing among the electorate. Now, it seems relatively minor, one hostage, Somali pirates and not crazy fundamentalists, yeah, ok- but it's kinda the first of these type of foreign affairs problems. They're being very cautious, and probably won't comment until they are totally certain whatever plan they come up with is going to succeed. They just gotta get it right. If the captain dies, people are gonna remember. Some anyway.

Not saying that whatever plan they have will actually succeed. But they're gonna be pretty air-tight until they're sure. It will be interesting to see how this develops, but we still need to see it playout. Declining to speak here is negligible in the long run.

Forum List

Back