Obama: Columbus Day a Time to ‘Reflect on Tragic Burdens Tribal Communities Bore’

Essentially, yet another in a long line of apologies from Obama. This is getting pathetically sad.

Why do conservatives want to hide history?

Hiding of History? Check The Democrats' history on slavery in the 1850s vs. Republicans as well as Democrats' position on Civil Rights vs. Republicans throughout the 1950s and early 60s. Uncover history and you will find that it was Republicans who drove to end slavery and pushed to get Civil Rights done. Lyndon Johnson simply punched it through the goal line.

That's true in the 60s and early 70s the Reps had some great liberals, some of whom I voted for. Why did they get run out of the party?!?! :eusa_eh:

Essentially, yet another in a long line of apologies from Obama. This is getting pathetically sad.

Hiding of History? Check The Democrats' history on slavery in the 1850s vs. Republicans as well as Democrats' position on Civil Rights vs. Republicans throughout the 1950s and early 60s. Uncover history and you will find that it was Republicans who drove to end slavery and pushed to get Civil Rights done. Lyndon Johnson simply punched it through the goal line.

Slavery, like the Civil Rights issue was a North South issue. Name one Southern Republican who voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act of 1964!

OK. What does that have to do with Columbus?

Well, his ugly ass wife wasn't proud of this country until he stole the White House.....

What do you mean "we" ? I don't celebrate kwansa. If you do, and you don't like it, stop. Duh.

"I've always been confused about why we need to celebrate Columbus."

Apparently you don't celebrate Columbus either and you used "we".

Don't get cute with me, junior. :cool:

Its a FEDERAL HOLIDAY genius. KWANSA is not. Your tax dollars and mine pay federal employees to NOT WORK on Columbus day.

I could name a dozen Italians more deserving of the honor of having a U.S. Federal Holiday in their honor.

yea like Father Guido Sarducci....there is a great dego....

Its a FEDERAL HOLIDAY genius. KWANSA is not. Your tax dollars and mine pay federal employees to NOT WORK on Columbus day.

I could name a dozen Italians more deserving of the honor of having a U.S. Federal Holiday in their honor.

Name them!

Here's a few:

Enrico Fermi
Joe DiMaggio
Antonio Meucci
Frank Sinatra
Annette Funicello
Dean Martin
Nancy Pelosi
Antonin Scalia
Robert De Niro, Jr.
Joe Pesci
Al Pacino
Louis Prima
Chuck Mangione
Sonny Bono
Steve Buscemi
Chick Corea

(includes some Sicilians)

NOT saying ANY of them deserve their own federal holiday, just that they deserve one MORE than Columbus

you were doing ok until....NANCY PELOSI......oh christ.....:lol:

I get so tired of all this PC liberal Bullshit. If columbus day is So wicked that they are teaching children to discount our history So be it. But Let's STOP paying for all Federal Holidays that the liberals don't want to acknowledge or find offensive. Next is Thanksgiving..2 Paid federal & state days off. Then Christmas..Oops I mean Holiday...Why are We the People paying these people free paid holidays that they don't even want to celebrate. It makes no sense and we still pay the price.

I get so tired of all this PC liberal Bullshit. If columbus day is So wicked that they are teaching children to discount our history So be it. But Let's STOP paying for all Federal Holidays that the liberals don't want to acknowledge or find offensive. Next is Thanksgiving..2 Paid federal & state days off. Then Christmas..Oops I mean Holiday...Why are We the People paying these people free paid holidays that they don't even want to celebrate. It makes no sense and we still pay the price.

seems the liberals hate these holidays but never protest to go to their jobs on those days. and yes since thanksgiving is a religious holiday why are they not against that day? Liberals protest these holidays and go to work!!!!!!!!!!

seems the liberals hate these holidays but never protest to go to their jobs on those days. and yes since thanksgiving is a religious holiday why are they not against that day? Liberals protest these holidays and go to work!!!!!!!!!!

Liberals don't have jobs to go to.

Thanksgiving is a federal holiday, the Friday after is not. Many federal employees take that day off using vacation time and if i ever work for the federal government again, I will too. Being the only clerk in the AFPRO on the day after Thanksgiving with the computers at one end of the building and the printer at the other and a bunch of bosses trying to get their "5 year plan" done....it was a nightmare. I will never do that again. I figured out pretty quick why the other clerks and secretaries took that day off. Stupid me, I thought I'd catch up on MY work. Being as my boss was one to take that day off, I didn't get any of my work done, I was too busy doing everyone else's.

Why is the truth about history, opposed to the sanitized version we were taught in grade school, PC liberal bullshit? I don't think we should teach grade schoolers that Columbus sanctioned hunting the Natives for sport or anything but a mention of what it meant for the natives would be nice.

It's fine with me if we take it off the federal supported holiday too.

Why is the truth about history, opposed to the sanitized version we were taught in grade school, PC liberal bullshit? I don't think we should teach grade schoolers that Columbus sanctioned hunting the Natives for sport or anything but a mention of what it meant for the natives would be nice.

do you mind when teachers tell students that the indians fought each other as well and some wanted to eradicate whole tribes, some teachers didnt want to include that part.

They already combined Lincoln and Washington's birthday to make way for MLK Jr's birthday. Do you really think we need to take away another holiday? Am I the only one here who watched the Jetson's as a kid and expected 3 day work weeks by now?

Liberals don't have jobs to go to.

HAHAHAHAHAA touche u win.

If you are going to make a point to show how evil the white man was to the peaceful indigenous, wouldn't it be intellectually honest to make a point to show some of the savage behavior the indigenous performed as well?

As much as the left wants us to believe "native americans" were peace loving pacifists, it's simply not reality.

So when we highlight evil Columbus' atrocities, we should talk about some performed by the NA too. It's fair.

Seems like Columbus Day would be the perfect day to talk about that savage behavior.

Last edited:

do you mind when teachers tell students that the indians fought each other as well and some wanted to eradicate whole tribes, some teachers didnt want to include that part.

No, I don't mind at all. I mean I don't think we should tell grade schoolers that the Inca's and Myain's were into human sacrifice, but a mention of their savage ways wouldn't be a lie.

If you are going to make a point to show how evil the white man was to the peaceful indigenous, wouldn't it be intellectually honest to make a point to show some of the savage behavior the indigenous performed as well?

As much as the left wants us to believe "native americans" were peace loving pacifists, it's simply not reality.

So when we highlight evil Columbus' atrocities, we should talk about some performed by the NA too. It's fair.

Seems like Columbus Day would be the perfect day to talk about that savage behavior.

they are just content making the white man out to be a devil intent on taking over the world.

Obama is friggen TWISTED in the head, he spits on us every chance he gets

my gawd people

Forum List

Back