Biden Opts to Recognize Indigenous Peoples’ Day Over Columbus Day

John T. Ford

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2020
Biden-Indigenous-People-640x480.jpg

Former Vice President Joe Biden is opting to ignore Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day—a holiday being embraced by progressives to honor Native Americans.

Biden’s campaign released a statement on Monday honoring Native Americans for having “kept faith with the rich spiritual traditions and heritage of their ancestors, often in the face of policies and violence that sought to strip them of both.”

“Our nation has never lived up to our full promise of equality for all — especially not when it comes to the rights of the indigenous people who were here long before ships arrived from Europe,” the former vice president said.

This election could not be any more clear.

You either vote for those who love America or you vote for those who HATE America.

Former Vice President Joe Biden is opting to ignore Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day—a holiday being embraced by progressives to honor Native Americans.

Biden’s campaign released a statement on Monday honoring Native Americans for having “kept faith with the rich spiritual traditions and heritage of their ancestors, often in the face of policies and violence that sought to strip them of both.”

“Our nation has never lived up to our full promise of equality for all — especially not when it comes to the rights of the indigenous people who were here long before ships arrived from Europe,” the former vice president said.

You either vote for those who love America or you vote for those who HATE America.
Exactly what “rights” do “indigenous people” not have in America?

Exactly what “rights” do “indigenous people” not have in America?
It's not about "rights" for indigenous people.

That's a false front.

It's really about HATRED of White America.

Why is honoring Native Americans hating America?

We were all gun toting, blood thirsty and hating on each other, both the European settlers you call "American" and the tribes trying to force us back into our ships and outta here. I had ancestors murdered by natives and taken hostage by them; I had ancestors who killed and scalped natives. We were warring. That's over now. The Native Americans who have held onto the shreds of their culture are not killing anyone now. We officially, through our elected government, treated them like shit as a group, and did everything possible to wipe out their culture, so yeah, they're touchy. But I laugh at the progressives who paint them as innocents, too.

So what is Sleepy Joe trying to say? That Italians are indigenous? I'd love to see him go an Italian Club and call those fellow "Indigenous MF'ers" and see what happens.

So what is Sleepy Joe trying to say? That Italians are indigenous? I'd love to see him go an Italian Club and call those fellow "Indigenous MF'ers" and see what happens.
Well you know "you can't got to a 7/11 without a slight Indian accent" .....

We were all gun toting, blood thirsty and hating on each other, both the European settlers you call "American" and the tribes trying to force us back into our ships and outta here. I had ancestors murdered by natives and taken hostage by them; I had ancestors who killed and scalped natives. We were warring. That's over now. The Native Americans who have held onto the shreds of their culture are not killing anyone now. We officially, through our elected government, treated them like shit as a group, and did everything possible to wipe out their culture, so yeah, they're touchy. But I laugh at the progressives who paint them as innocents, too.

The issue is trying to remove one celebration with another because "reasons"

By joining the fight he is taking a side, the side of the SJW idiots trying to erase history.

Only the most Gullible Useful Idiots in our society would think this is about "honoring Native Americans".

In reality ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ it's about this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unadulterated HATRED for White America.

I will stick with my original comment in the OP.

By joining the fight he is taking a side, the side of the SJW idiots trying to erase history.
No its like celebrating Confederate Secession day. It's wrong. There's no moral or historical reason to celebrate Christopher Columbus.

No its like celebrating Confederate Secession day. It's wrong. There's no moral or historical reason to celebrate Christopher Columbus.

It's not "wrong". It celebrates the guy who had the balls to sail west when everyone else sailed around East and South. and is a proxy celebration of the contributions of all Italian Americans in this country.

The only thing that is "WRONG" for America is Leftism and emotional ruled psycho Leftist like yourself.

I never understood why we ever celebrated 'Columbus Day'...

He was a European white guy from 1 country, sailed for another country, attempted to find the West Indies - failed at that, stumbled on some island in the Bahamas, killed half the natives with guns and disease, made slaves of the rest, and he was given credit for 'finding America', which he did NOT do and certainly did not do 1st.

'America' was never 'lost' - my ancestors were already here, and if you want to give some white guy credit for 'finding' America' the person to honor would be Leif Erickson.

So, we are left with some 'lost' mediocre white guy choosing to use 'natives' against another 'lost' mediocre white guy for political gain.....

:p

I wonder if libs are sorry that Columbus discovered the New World?

It sounds like biden regrets that America even exists and would prefer the Aztec Empire instead

It's not "wrong". It celebrates the guy who had the balls to sail west when everyone else sailed around East and South. and is a proxy celebration of the contributions of all Italian Americans in this country.
He's a white guy who set out to find the West Indies, f*ed that up, killed a bunch of natives, enslaved the rest, and other white guys gave him credit for trying by giving him credit for finding a country he never found - America.

Its the ultimate liberal example of giving someone the very 1st 'participation trophy'.

I never understood why we ever celebrated 'Columbus Day'...

He was a European white guy from 1 country, sailed for another country, attempted to find the West Indies - failed at that, stumbled on some island in the Bahamas, killed half the natives with guns and disease, made slaves of the rest, and he was given credit for 'finding America', which he did NOT do and certainly did not do 1st.

'America' was never 'lost' - my ancestors were already here, and if you want to give some white guy credit for 'finding' America' the person to honor would be Leif Erickson.

So, we are left with some 'lost' mediocre white guy choosing to use 'natives' against another 'lost' mediocre white guy for political gain.....

It got big as a proxy celebration for Italian Americans, like St Patrick's Day for the Irish Americans, and to a lesser extend Von Steuben Day for German Americans.

And his "discovery" led to the colonization of the "new" world, something any other discovery never led to.

He's a white guy who set out to find the West Indies, f*ed that up, killed a bunch of natives, enslaved the rest, and other white guys gave him credit for trying by giving him credit for finding a country he never found - America.

Its the ultimate liberal example of giving someone the very 1st 'participation trophy'.

4 trips, and he opened up 1/2 the planet to modern expansion.

I wonder if libs are sorry that Columbus discovered the New World?

It sounds like biden regrets that America even exists and would prefer the Aztec Empire instead
Well yeah ....

The original perpetrator of Globell Warming !!!!

Forum List

Back