Obama: Columbus Day a Time to ‘Reflect on Tragic Burdens Tribal Communities Bore’

Why is the truth about history, opposed to the sanitized version we were taught in grade school, PC liberal bullshit? I don't think we should teach grade schoolers that Columbus sanctioned hunting the Natives for sport or anything but a mention of what it meant for the natives would be nice.

It's fine with me if we take it off the federal supported holiday too.

do you mind when teachers tell students that the indians fought each other as well and some wanted to eradicate whole tribes, some teachers didnt want to include that part.

No, I don't mind at all. I mean I don't think we should tell grade schoolers that the Inca's and Myain's were into human sacrifice, but a mention of their savage ways wouldn't be a lie.

so make them seem bad but not as bad as they were because we dont want to upset the kids? fair trade.

Why is the truth about history, opposed to the sanitized version we were taught in grade school, PC liberal bullshit? I don't think we should teach grade schoolers that Columbus sanctioned hunting the Natives for sport or anything but a mention of what it meant for the natives would be nice.

do you mind when teachers tell students that the indians fought each other as well and some wanted to eradicate whole tribes, some teachers didnt want to include that part.

No, I don't mind at all. I mean I don't think we should tell grade schoolers that the Inca's and Myain's were into human sacrifice, but a mention of their savage ways wouldn't be a lie.

Why not? They were into human sacrifice..it's part of history. What's wrong with teaching the kids the truth? The battle of Bunker Hill took place on Beacon Hill. Why on earth are we still teaching fiction as fact?

they are just content making the white man out to be a devil intent on taking over the world.

Well, I don't have white guilt and I'm not buying the liberal bullshit. It's safe to say if you look at atrocities committed around the world, whites are in the minority as the offender.

America, as a whole, has done far more good than harm.

To start off my new Columbus Day tradition (thanks Obama the divider), I'll go with this one:

1622_massacre_jamestown_de_Bry.jpg

Indian massacre of 1622 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get so tired of all this PC liberal Bullshit. If columbus day is So wicked that they are teaching children to discount our history So be it. But Let's STOP paying for all Federal Holidays that the liberals don't want to acknowledge or find offensive. Next is Thanksgiving..2 Paid federal & state days off. Then Christmas..Oops I mean Holiday...Why are We the People paying these people free paid holidays that they don't even want to celebrate. It makes no sense and we still pay the price.

I don't really care either way. I sent my son to private school to avoid this type of crap. I think if were not allowed to say the word Christmas in a public school then Why are we paying for federal & state employees to take Christmas off with tax payer money. I don't think I owe them a Free Holiday Season Day.

Why not? They were into human sacrifice..it's part of history. What's wrong with teaching the kids the truth? The battle of Bunker Hill took place on Beacon Hill. Why on earth are we still teaching fiction as fact?

Breed's Hill. Beacon Hill was a TV show. :D

I get so tired of all this PC liberal Bullshit. If columbus day is So wicked that they are teaching children to discount our history So be it. But Let's STOP paying for all Federal Holidays that the liberals don't want to acknowledge or find offensive. Next is Thanksgiving..2 Paid federal & state days off. Then Christmas..Oops I mean Holiday...Why are We the People paying these people free paid holidays that they don't even want to celebrate. It makes no sense and we still pay the price.

But the Left determines what the 'truth' is.....

The federally funded “National History Standards” for elementary schools were released in 1994, cemented a revisionist view of American Communism for schoolteachers, as the guide mentions McCarthy over twenty times, while Edison and the Wright Brothers got no mention.

“It …repeatedly condemns McCarthyism as an unmitigated evil…[but] the Hiss-Chambers and Rosenberg cases, the two dominant controversies of the anticommunist era, are described with bland, neutral language crafted to keep from implying guilt while not being quite so foolhardy as to actually assert innocence..’National Standards’…implies that the cases are part and parcel of the McCartyite horror.”
From “In Denial,” by Haynes and Klehr, pg. 151

Please provide references for your assertion "Columbus sanctioned hunting the natives for sport" (as opposed to self defense). Also, are you aware that the Incas practiced CHILD sacrifice? This was documented 100 years ago but deliberately concealed because it didn't correlate with the politically correct "peaceful native" narrative.

Some pretty good reading on the subject is a couple books 1491 and 1493. by Charles Mann. America before Columbus and then America and the world after Columbus. Pretty good history without trying to figure out who's guilty of what. Corn and Potatoes were introduced to the world which helped Europe and even China feed their starving populations, so for that alone, Columbus helped mankind whether or not that was his intentions.

In his presidential proclamation recognizing Columbus Day issued last week, President Barack Obama said the holiday was a day to “celebrate our heritage as people born of many histories and traditions” and a time to “reflect on the tragic burdens tribal communities bore” since the explorer arrived on the North American continent in 1492.

:confused:

And here I thought it was to celebrate the man known as Columbus. :confused:

Obviously if you consider the native Americans to be lesser human beings than the Europeans you're going to see Columbus Day as only a significant event from the European point of view.

If you equate the near extinction of the native peoples the equivalent of the near extinction of the bison,

then of course, yesterday was all about Columbus.

Columbus, whose accomplishments, let's not forget, were government funded.

2?.....we at the PO get just Thanksgiving off.....and i think it might be the same at the other agencies....

Breed's Hill. Beacon Hill was a TV show. :D

I apologize, as I get older, I lose more and more of my mind...:D

In his presidential proclamation recognizing Columbus Day issued last week, President Barack Obama said the holiday was a day to “celebrate our heritage as people born of many histories and traditions” and a time to “reflect on the tragic burdens tribal communities bore” since the explorer arrived on the North American continent in 1492.

According to libs, every American Holiday is a time to feel ashamed of America.

Obviously if you consider the native Americans to be lesser human beings than the Europeans you're going to see Columbus Day as only a significant event from the European point of view.

If you equate the near extinction of the native peoples the equivalent of the near extinction of the bison,

then of course, yesterday was all about Columbus.

Columbus, whose accomplishments, let's not forget, were government funded.

You're an idiot but that's beside the point. It's that simple when replying to you. You'll say anything just to be contrary. If someone says it's white, you say it's black. You're a NYC libshit whose opinion isn't relevant or worth a pile of dogshit. You represent the NYC libturd mentality and are not the least bit indicative of what the rest of the country thinks. And it obviously wasn't the U.S. government that funded it moron. Just another failed attempt on your part to be a sensationalist.

Last edited:

Not only did they fight each other, the tortured and enslaved each other. They also destroyed the environment. The deliberately set the plains and the forest on fire. They wiped out many species of animal before the white man ever set foot in the new world.

May the peoples that never enslaved, slaughtered or fucked over another be the first to judge.

What do you want whites to do? 200 million whites live within the United states today...Do you want us all to pack our bags and head back to Europe???

You seem to hate us for doing what everyone did. I promise you that the native Americans slaughtered other tribes that got in their way. You leftist are ready to tell 200 million whites that we are the only ones. You don't live in the real world.

Last edited:

Please provide references for your assertion "Columbus sanctioned hunting the natives for sport" (as opposed to self defense). Also, are you aware that the Incas practiced CHILD sacrifice? This was documented 100 years ago but deliberately concealed because it didn't correlate with the politically correct "peaceful native" narrative.

Lies My Teacher Told Me:
Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong
by James W. Loewen. Simon & Schuster, 1995.

It is well known that the Inca's and Mayan's practiced Human Sacrifice. However there were noIncas or Mayans on the island that Columbus landed on.

Forum List

Back