obama caves again

You win some inane political battle that will amount to the majority of catholic women still using contraceptives anyways. good for y'all.

It was never about that. It was about our First Amendment Right to practice our religion as we see fit, and to not compromise a fundamental tenant of our faith. I'm sorry that you don't understand the difference, but not everyone is capable of seeing past the hyperbole to the truth.

The facts will not change though. We tried to compromise - for over a year we have tried - and Obama would not. That is why Cardinal Designate Dolan went public with this. Because Obama left us with no option but to take the fight to the country. And, this time, the country won. Liberty won. I'm sorry you don't value liberty unless you agree with the subject of that liberty but it is what it is.

*We refers to the Catholic Church.

The point is, the whole entire beef with it --> is hyperbole since it's not REALLY the beliefs of the majority of the women in the Church when the Majority of the women in the Church actually utilize said Contraception, which is supposedly against said Church.

If the Church doesn't want to be affiliated in any which way with Contraception, maybe they had better take a good look in the mirror. "Convenience beliefs" doesn't make one Religious, and so skirting Business law behind the guise of Religion when said Religion doesn't follow the tenant to begin with falls on deaf ears, with me.

It doesn't matter what individual Catholics choose to do. That has always been a matter for the individual and their conscience, their personal relationship with God. It is, however, against Church Doctrine. I know that's complicated to understand but that's how it is.

The Church - and the majority of Catholics - viewed this as not about birth control - it was about Government control.

For over a year, the Church has been seeking a compromise - it's view was that insurance companies be allowed to offer policies that do not cover birth control (a practical solution since birth control is widely and freely available via a plethora of other providers).... it was the Administration that refused to compromise... not the Church.

This was always going to be a fight Obama could not afford to win.... or lose really. If he won, he faced the very real possibility of losing the Catholic vote - If you look at the numbers of Catholics, and where they are heavily populated - that could very well cost him re-election. If he lost, he faces the ire of the left.

Anyone with a brain could do the math on that.

On the plus side, the vast majority of woman will have access to inexpensive birth control where that wasn't the case last year.

The poor Catholics will have to pay for their own.

He's not going to cave. He will come up with a way for the Church to give lip service to the law by allowing institutions to opt out, but the insurers that provide the coverage cannot. Meaning that entites that are self-insured will be precluded from being self insured. Or, the sole duty of self-insured entities will be obtain insurance from a company that provides such free coverage.

It sounds like shariah compliant lending practices and that might be where he got the idea.

Well, it could have.... if that's what he had done. But, for the past year, the Church and members of congress, and Catholics around the country, have asked him to please compromise with us... and we were told 'no'. The messiah of the left, said we had a year to 'come to terms with it'... his words, not mine.... how does one 'come to terms' with violating our faith?

There was no 'working with the other side', GT. That's why the Church went public with this, that's why other faiths joined our fight, that's why those of no faith joined our fight... because that bastard would not compromise until he was forced to.

Don't give me any crap about 'compromise' from that man. He doesn't know the meaning of it.

He caved. We win. Unlucky.

You win some inane political battle that will amount to the majority of catholic women still using contraceptives anyways. good for y'all.

It was never about that. It was about our First Amendment Right to practice our religion as we see fit, and to not compromise a fundamental tenant of our faith. I'm sorry that you don't understand the difference, but not everyone is capable of seeing past the hyperbole to the truth.

The facts will not change though. We tried to compromise - for over a year we have tried - and Obama would not. That is why Cardinal Designate Dolan went public with this. Because Obama left us with no option but to take the fight to the country. And, this time, the country won. Liberty won. I'm sorry you don't value liberty unless you agree with the subject of that liberty but it is what it is.

Good thing you put that last bit in I thought you were using the royal we.

So no one seems concerned that obamas so called compromise will force ins companies to cover these services FOR FREE.

How does he have this power? Where is the outrage?

The point is, the whole entire beef with it --> is hyperbole since it's not REALLY the beliefs of the majority of the women in the Church when the Majority of the women in the Church actually utilize said Contraception, which is supposedly against said Church.

If the Church doesn't want to be affiliated in any which way with Contraception, maybe they had better take a good look in the mirror. "Convenience beliefs" doesn't make one Religious, and so skirting Business law behind the guise of Religion when said Religion doesn't follow the tenant to begin with falls on deaf ears, with me.

It doesn't matter what individual Catholics choose to do. That has always been a matter for the individual and their conscience, their personal relationship with God. It is, however, against Church Doctrine. I know that's complicated to understand but that's how it is.

The Church - and the majority of Catholics - viewed this as not about birth control - it was about Government control.

For over a year, the Church has been seeking a compromise - it's view was that insurance companies be allowed to offer policies that do not cover birth control (a practical solution since birth control is widely and freely available via a plethora of other providers).... it was the Administration that refused to compromise... not the Church.

This was always going to be a fight Obama could not afford to win.... or lose really. If he won, he faced the very real possibility of losing the Catholic vote - If you look at the numbers of Catholics, and where they are heavily populated - that could very well cost him re-election. If he lost, he faces the ire of the left.

He really didn't face the ire of the left. The left wing loonies that object to him caving on this issue are not about to vote for a GOP candidate. Sure a few may stay home, but he faced loosing the majority of Catholics, few of whom would have stayed away from the polls.

His 'compromise' is Bullshite too. He created this totally unnecessary problem and now he's gonna ride in on his White Horse to solve a problem he himself created? Not gonna happen. This whole thing is a classic Saul Alinsky 'Community Organizer' dirty trick. Christians in this country better wake up. They are under attack from the radical Left. Hopefully this attack from this President will wake them up though. The radical Left has an agenda and their attacks will not end. The Church will have to start standing up to them. If they want to survive anyway.

His 'compromise' is Bullshite too. He created this totally unnecessary problem and now he's gonna ride in on his White Horse to solve a problem he himself created? Not gonna happen. This whole thing is a classic Saul Alinsky 'Community Organizer' dirty trick. Christians in this country better wake up. They are under attack from the radical Left. Hopefully this attack from this President will wake them up though. The radical Left has an agenda and their attacks will not end. The Church will have to start standing up to them. If they want to survive anyway.

Maybe you should get your ass out of your computer chair then, huh?

what next? will Obama find an executive way to stop the TSA from checking all of his friends from a patdown and being scanned before going into a plane? will Blacks and Muslims be the first to be able to just go pass the TSA? then anyone that works for a union?

Is he caving or finally realizing he way over-stepped his bounds?

If he's caving that still bad for us. I'd rather he realize he over-stepped his bounds and trounced on the Constitution.

He really didn't face the ire of the left. The left wing loonies that object to him caving on this issue are not about to vote for a GOP candidate. Sure a few may stay home, but he faced loosing the majority of Catholics, few of whom would have stayed away from the polls.

Oh, I think he did face a significant pressure from his idiot left - Boxer, Sebelious, etc... all rabid control freaks who want to control every woman's lives - for our own good, naturally.

The question remains to be seen as to the attitudes of Catholics on this. That we probably won't know until November. This is assuming that the Church accepts the compromise.... oh... no.... sorry.... it's not a 'compromise'.... it's an accommodation. :lol:

So no one seems concerned that obamas so called compromise will force ins companies to cover these services FOR FREE.

How does he have this power? Where is the outrage?
IMO if all the rest of what is considered preventative care is free then birth control should be as well. Where is your outrage over free prostrate exams?

Well, it could have.... if that's what he had done. But, for the past year, the Church and members of congress, and Catholics around the country, have asked him to please compromise with us... and we were told 'no'. The messiah of the left, said we had a year to 'come to terms with it'... his words, not mine.... how does one 'come to terms' with violating our faith?

There was no 'working with the other side', GT. That's why the Church went public with this, that's why other faiths joined our fight, that's why those of no faith joined our fight... because that bastard would not compromise until he was forced to.

Don't give me any crap about 'compromise' from that man. He doesn't know the meaning of it.

He caved. We win. Unlucky.

Baloney. The policy never stopped you or anyone else from your first Amendment right to practice your religion. What it did do was stop the church from forcing it's religious practice upon anyone it employs.

But not to worry the Caveman coming.

Maybe you should get your ass out of your computer chair then, huh?

Are you kidding? He's posting while hiding under his bed....as always. He's one of the most frightened posters on here.

A 'Uniter." Man, such Bullshit. This guy has taken every opportunity he could to divide Americans. This attack on the Church is a true disgrace. But it is the Alinsky 'Community Organizer' way. Hopefully he'll pay for this in November. He should be fired.

Last edited:
On the plus side, the vast majority of woman will have access to inexpensive birth control where that wasn't the case last year.

The poor Catholics will have to pay for their own.

Wow the concept of having to actually pay for something is apalling to you leftwingers.

caving? Hes again showing his inability to lead and again the people are speaking out against his ideology of big government!! There goes insurance rates ... AGAIN!!!!!

Baloney. The policy never stopped you or anyone else from your first Amendment right to practice your religion. What it did do was stop the church from forcing it's religious practice upon anyone it employs.

But not to worry the Caveman coming.

Actually, even Obama knew that his ObamaCare would force the Church to compromise it's Doctrine. He told us* that we* had 'a year to get used to it'... that was his idea of a compromise. Our* idea of a compromise was to enable insurance companies to provide policies that do not cover birth control. (Which is widely and freely available anyway)

*Us/We/Our refers to the Catholic Church

A 'Uniter." Man, such Bullshit. This guy has taken every opportunity he could to divide Americans. This attack on the Church is a true disgrace. But it is the Alinsky 'Community Organizer' way. Hopefully he'll pay for this in November. He should be fired.

If all this is true then you should hang your head in deep embarrassment and shame for not being able to beat him if he wins, Pauly H.

Forum List

Back