Obama buying houses now?

Well I think that people who helped create this mess and enabled people to live beyond their means should foot the bill. But perish forbid we tax the bankers!!!!!!

I don't disagree with you at all on this. The people responsible for creating the mess certainly should be held accountable. But did someone hold a gun to 'Joe-Live-Beyond-My-Means-Taxpayer' and force him to live beyond his means? People are responsible for their own actions.

So lets line them up and shoot them.

What exactly do you propose we do with these people? They made a mistake. I really don't see why when faced between a choice of making them suffer, making the economy suffer, and making the neighborhood suffer for their mistake v. making them not suffer, helping the economy, and helping the neighborhood, we should choose the former.

I'm not interested in punishing people who made financial mistakes. I'm interested in helping the economy recover from this clusterfuck.

headupass.jpg

I don't disagree with you at all on this. The people responsible for creating the mess certainly should be held accountable. But did someone hold a gun to 'Joe-Live-Beyond-My-Means-Taxpayer' and force him to live beyond his means? People are responsible for their own actions.

What exactly do you propose we do with these people? They made a mistake. I really don't see why when faced between a choice of making them suffer, making the economy suffer, and making the neighborhood suffer for their mistake v. making them not suffer, helping the economy, and helping the neighborhood, we should choose the former.

I'm not interested in punishing people who made financial mistakes. I'm interested in helping the economy recover from this clusterfuck.

headupass.jpg

Nice self-portrait.

So tell me, who benefits from having all these people out of their homes?

headupass.jpg

Nice self-portrait.

The taxpayer and the free market.

Nice self-portrait.

Really?

Can you tell me how you benefit from having foreclosed homes in your neighborhood and having your property houses go down?

Can you explain to me how having properties that are abandoned helps the market?

The market will eventually correct itself and the country will not be in more debt as a result, and responsible people who pay their taxes won't be raped. What do you think happens to those foreclosed homes, Nik? They get bought eventually.

Actually it IS your problem since its fucking up the entire economy, and when a house gets foreclosed on it lowers home values in the neighborhood.

You're right Nik. People shirking their personal responsibility is biting us all in the ass.

Why should the people who live beyond their means get a bailout and why should the people who live within their means foot the bill?

It's no consolation that hundreds of real estate sales and mortgage companies have themselves declared bankruptcy (Countrywide being the most visible). Is it good for them and not their victims?

Victims? Really?

Really?

Can you tell me how you benefit from having foreclosed homes in your neighborhood and having your property houses go down?

Can you explain to me how having properties that are abandoned helps the market?

The market will eventually correct itself and the country will not be in more debt as a result, and responsible people who pay their taxes won't be raped. What do you think happens to those foreclosed homes, Nik? They get bought eventually.

That's the problem with people like this nik. When the government buys out these failed mortgages, he thinks that money will come out of the thin air!

Really?

So it doesn't help the market. Instead the market will "eventually correct itself". Thanks for correcting yourself there.

As for them getting bought, you know what happens in the interim? They get vandalized. They get destroyed. They get overgrown. And suddenly a piece of property that was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, were there a family living in it, loses value. Suddenly, homes around that piece of derelict property lose value. Suddenly, the bank is no longer receiving any income, and has a piece of property that is losing value.

So again. Who wins?

You're right Nik. People shirking their personal responsibility is biting us all in the ass.

Why should the people who live beyond their means get a bailout and why should the people who live within their means foot the bill?

It's no consolation that hundreds of real estate sales and mortgage companies have themselves declared bankruptcy (Countrywide being the most visible). Is it good for them and not their victims?

Victims? Really?

Its not called predatory lending practices for no reason.

Really?

That's the problem with people like this nik. When the government buys out these failed mortgages, he thinks that money will come out of the thin air!

I do? Can you please cite where I said that?

Really?

So it doesn't help the market. Instead the market will "eventually correct itself". Thanks for correcting yourself there.

As for them getting bought, you know what happens in the interim? They get vandalized. They get destroyed. They get overgrown. And suddenly a piece of property that was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, were there a family living in it, loses value. Suddenly, homes around that piece of derelict property lose value. Suddenly, the bank is no longer receiving any income, and has a piece of property that is losing value.

So again. Who wins?

:lol: Yeah, that all happens Nik, so that's why no one should ever be foreclosed on. The government should just take over all property and assign everyone a home, I mean 'provide' everyone a home for 'free'.

It's not about who wins. It's about a free market economy and making people be responsible for their decisions and paying the consequences for bad ones. No one is owed a damn thing, if you screw up, pick yourself back up and try again. Would you really expect everyone else in your community to pay for your home? If so, you're nothing more than a leech on society. You have no right to expect someone else who's worked hard to pay for your mistakes. No one 'wins' in that situation either. I don't think you'll ever get it, tho, you really don't understand the issues or the idealogy behind what anyone is trying to tell you. It's easier to stick your head in the sand and keep repeating what you read on the Huffington Post.

So again. Who wins?

:lol: Yeah, that all happens Nik, so that's why no one should ever be foreclosed on. The government should just take over all property and assign everyone a home, I mean 'provide' everyone a home for 'free'.

No. Its one thing to do it in a time of crisis, its another thing to do it as an everyday standard.

It's not about who wins. It's about a free market economy and making people be responsible for their decisions and paying the consequences for bad ones.

Except what you fail to realize is that you are asking other people to pay for those bad decisions. The people who live in neighborhoods where other people have foreclosed homes, how is that their fault? Why do you want them to suffer?

No one is owed a damn thing, if you screw up, pick yourself back up and try again. Would you really expect everyone else in your community to pay for your home? If so, you're nothing more than a leech on society. You have no right to expect someone else who's worked hard to pay for your mistakes. No one 'wins' in that situation either. I don't think you'll ever get it, tho, you really don't understand the issues or the idealogy behind what anyone is trying to tell you. It's easier to stick your head in the sand and keep repeating what you read on the Huffington Post.

Oh, I understand your ideology. Its just asinine. I'm uninterested in your ideology, I'm interested in results.

You are advocating something that hurts everyone. I am advocating something that helps everyone. I really couldn't give a flying fuck which suits your conservative right-wing nutjob ideology better.

So again. Who wins?

No. Its one thing to do it in a time of crisis, its another thing to do it as an everyday standard.

Oh, so you do actually draw the line somewhere. How comforting to know.

Except what you fail to realize is that you are asking other people to pay for those bad decisions. The people who live in neighborhoods where other people have foreclosed homes, how is that their fault? Why do you want them to suffer?

:lol: I'm figuring that you have to be in your early 20's or even younger to have this kind of an outlook. First of all, I think you need to prove that other property values fall b/c a few homes in a neighborhood are foreclosed on. Second of all, you're again missing the point, someone else's property values are not the reponsibility of the American tax payer. It's really quite a simple concept. Who says that I want anyone to suffer? :lol: Your bleeding heart is showing, not to mention that it's a ridiculous argument. Human suffering that stems from a billion different reasons is a fact of life, it's not up to the taxpayer or society to be responsible for it. It works out much better whenever individuals look after themselves.
Oh, I understand your ideology. Its just asinine. I'm uninterested in your ideology, I'm interested in results.

You are advocating something that hurts everyone. I am advocating something that helps everyone. I really couldn't give a flying fuck which suits your conservative right-wing nutjob ideology better.

That's all your misguided opinion, Nik and nothing more. What you're advocating is not helping anyone, that's MY opinion. I really couldn't give a flying fuck which suits your progressive left-wing nutjob ideology better. See how that works?

:lol: I'm figuring that you have to be in your early 20's or even younger to have this kind of an outlook. First of all, I think you need to prove that other property values fall b/c a few homes in a neighborhood are foreclosed on.

Do you think only people in their early 20's are educated enough to read?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/realestate/mortgages/14mort.html

This study found that homeowners who lived within 300 feet of a foreclosed residential property experienced a drop of 1.3 percent in home value; those living 300 to 500 feet of the foreclosed home typically see a drop in value of 0.6 percent.

Thats ONE foreclosed house.

Second of all, you're again missing the point, someone else's property values are not the reponsibility of the American tax payer. It's really quite a simple concept.

Awesome. So instead of banding together and actually helping create more wealth as a whole, we can just each take our lumps individually and suffer.

Yay for the amazing ideology which causes pain to everyone!

Who says that I want anyone to suffer? :lol:

Why else would you espouse views that make people suffer?

Your bleeding heart is showing, not to mention that it's a ridiculous argument. Human suffering that stems from a billion different reasons is a fact of life, it's not up to the taxpayer or society to be responsible for it. It works out much better whenever individuals look after themselves.

Ok. Then please don't use any medicine, as you didn't invent it yourself. Please stop using the internet, as it was created by the government. Please stop using roads, and its funded by others. Please stop using the police, and firefighters, as others fund it.

That's all your misguided opinion, Nik and nothing more. What you're advocating is not helping anyone, that's MY opinion. I really couldn't give a flying fuck which suits your progressive left-wing nutjob ideology better. See how that works?
[/quote]

So you think it helps people more to live on the street than in a home?

Ok. I guess if you want to advocate that you can. Its really fucking stupid tho.

Really?

So again. Who wins?

Once again, if they hadn't bought and lived beyond their means they wouldn't be in this situation. Do you not understand the concept of personal responsibility? The market will eventually correct. In the meantime, we all hunker down and get through it. Does it suck for them? Yup. Explain to me why it should suck for me as well, by having to pay for others mistakes? Explain to me why, when I lived within my means ,I should have to foot the bill for assholes who lived beyond their means???

I can see how you think this is a good idea, though. After all . . . . the government has made bailouts the status quo . . . . finance, auto, homeowners. Different groups with a commonality . . . . they screwed up, and want someone to bail them out. Lesson learned? If I screw up someone will bail me out. Lesson lost? I am responsible for myself.

So again. Who wins?

Once again, if they hadn't bought and lived beyond their means they wouldn't be in this situation. Do you not understand the concept of personal responsibility? The market will eventually correct. In the meantime, we all hunker down and get through it. Does it suck for them? Yup. Explain to me why it should suck for me as well, by having to pay for others mistakes? Explain to me why, when I lived within my means ,I should have to foot the bill for assholes who lived beyond their means???

It already DOES suck for you. In case you haven't noticed, the economy is a little bit fucked nowadays.

I can see how you think this is a good idea, though. After all . . . . the government has made bailouts the status quo . . . . finance, auto, homeowners. Different groups with a commonality . . . . they screwed up, and want someone to bail them out. Lesson learned? If I screw up someone will bail me out. Lesson lost? I am responsible for myself.

You aren't responsible for only yourself. Unless you want to not rely on any government services? In that case, get the fuck off the internet.

So again. Who wins?

It already DOES suck for you. In case you haven't noticed, the economy is a little bit fucked nowadays.

Play dodgeball much?

Answer me, why should I - who live within my means, who compromised and did without in order to live within my means - have to foot the bill for those who live beyond their means?

You aren't responsible for only yourself. Unless you want to not rely on any government services? In that case, get the fuck off the internet.

Yes, Nik, I am. You really don't get it, do you?

Rely on government services . . . that I pay into via taxes? :lol:

Play dodgeball much?

Answer me, why should I - who live within my means, who compromised and did without in order to live within my means - have to foot the bill for those who live beyond their means?

Because thats life. Because their actions fucked the economy, and either way you will suffer. You can either suffer more, or suffer less.

Yes, Nik, I am. You really don't get it, do you?

Rely on government services . . . that I pay into via taxes? :lol:

So stop paying taxes, move off the grid, and do everything yourself.

You are relying on other people to pay taxes so that a centralized organization can harness the power of the masses to complete large projects.

Forum List

Back