Is Inflation Coming?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Producer Price Index News Release text

Charts at site:

Producer Price Index News Release text

Producer Price Indexes - June 2009

The Producer Price Index for Finished Goods rose 1.8 percent in June, seasonally
adjusted, the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. This
advance followed increases of 0.2 percent in May and 0.3 percent in April. At the earlier stages
of processing, prices received by producers of intermediate goods climbed 1.9 percent in June
after moving up 0.3 percent in the preceding month, and the crude goods index increased 4.6
percent following a 3.6-percent rise in May. (See table A.)

The June acceleration in finished goods prices was broad based. The index for energy
goods jumped 6.6 percent after advancing 2.9 percent in the prior month, prices for consumer
foods increased 1.1 percent following a 1.6-percent drop in May, and the index for goods other
than foods and energy rose 0.5 percent in June after edging down 0.1 percent in the previous
month.

Food has been really increasing a lot for a while now... have you noticed all that you buy is not packaged the same, they have made the cartons or jars smaller, but charging the same price... jars of spaghetti sauce, ice cream is no longer in a gallon size, coffee no longer a pound can, each year the stuff seems to give you less and less content!

Gas has been going up and up in price, this is reflected on all goods imo, thus part of the inflation perhaps?

Now gas and oil will be coming down again is what I have heard, so we will see if this is reflected in goods....

You would THINK that interest rates at the bank would be going up with inflation, no? Paying more for our CD's deposited there?

That's a hell of a number for June....shocking really! I don't know what's going on anymore... :(

And good morning Annie

Food has been really increasing a lot for a while now... have you noticed all that you buy is not packaged the same, they have made the cartons or jars smaller, but charging the same price... jars of spaghetti sauce, ice cream is no longer in a gallon size, coffee no longer a pound can, each year the stuff seems to give you less and less content!

Gas has been going up and up in price, this is reflected on all goods imo, thus part of the inflation perhaps?

Now gas and oil will be coming down again is what I have heard, so we will see if this is reflected in goods....

You would THINK that interest rates at the bank would be going up with inflation, no? Paying more for our CD's deposited there?

That's a hell of a number for June....shocking really! I don't know what's going on anymore... :(

And good morning Annie

Good morning to you too Care. As for reading the tea leaves, I'm with you. Don't know if we're headed for inflation or deflation, just feeling like what we thought might be the light at the end of the tunnel, is another train coming full throttle. Then again, it may just be paranoia. :lol: I hope so.

The sudden change in the indices is not reassuring.

Food will continue to go up as the climatic changes impact agriculture. Energy prices will go up as much the Energy Corperations think they can get away with. In the meantime, real estate, and stocks, which most of us have our saving in, will continue to stay level or decline. At least until the wealthy have bought the best at bargain basement prices, then the prices on those items will go up. Wages? Why should we pay Americans to build something that we can have produced for half that overseas?

On our way to third world status.

Forum List

Back