Human Rights Watch has no crediiblity

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rhodescholar, Jul 15, 2009.

1. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,764
    I was stunned to read this article in the WSJt:

Human Rights Watch Goes to Saudi Arabia - WSJ.com

I then went to the NGO Monitor's website providing the backgrounds of the HRW staff covering the middle east, and in particular, Israel:

http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/hrw_hires_another_pro_palestinian_activist

These 2 events have irreparably harmed the reputation and imparitality of HRW, and I find it obscene that in a telephone call with Ms. Whitson, she prefers to hide behind a fig leaf, claiming that HRW "only hires staff with a commitment to human rights law," whatever that vague nonsense is supposed to mean.

Given that she was unable to substantiate or discredit the NGO Monitor's historical claims about her and her colleague's backgrounds, merely claiming "everything NGO-M puts out is propaganda," I have lost all and any confidence in this organization, and will no longer pay ANY attention to its reports - nor should ANY reasonable-minded person.

Even if one hated Israel outright, they would HAVE to accept that stacking the deck there with anti-Israel staff would do anything BUT reinforce an impartial position.

Ms. Whitson even declared that HRW completely supports the Right of Return for the refugees, a totally unacceptable position even to the Israeli left. Clearly, they have abrogated any desire or inclination of non-bias with respect to Israel, and even their reports, few and far between they may be on Arab muslim delinquencies, will be ignored as useless.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. Nik

Nik Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The president of NGO Monitor is an advisor to Ariel Sharon.

I wonder, just wonder, if it might be biased :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Wow....HRW has its credibility ruined with organizations that are funded by one particular side. Aside from fooling morons like you, its credibility is intact.

3. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,401
    It seems reasonable to me that Israel should not stand in the way of creation of a Palestinian State, and, in fact such a Palestinian state should be in Israel's interest in that the international community could no longer credibly insist that the Palestinian's are Israel's responsibility. And it would settle once and for all who has legitimate right to utilize whatever land is allocated to the Palestinians for a homeland.

It seems reasonable to me that all credible human rights watch groups should allow Israel to do whatever Israel must reasonably do to protect Israeli citizens against kidnappers, suicide bombers, saboteurs, rocket attacks, terrorist attacks.

I don't have a lot of faith that there are many, if any objective human watch groups out there, and I don't have a lot of faith that there are enough objective thinkers left in the world to reach agreement on either of these points.

4. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Cast Lead fans calling out the Human Rights Watch..

it just doesn't get any funnier than that, folks.

5. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,764
    He breathes too, what does that mean? And BTW, Ariel Sharon has not been in the israeli gov't for what, 4 years now?

I posted the link to the NGO-M site listing the HISTORY of the people of HRW, and even they, when asked, do not deny these facts. Their history is not in question, and reporting it cannot by definition, be biased. If a person spent the last 20 years inside extremist pro-pal organizations, they are not suitable to work inside a purportedly unbiased, impartial human rights group.

What NGO-M is or is not is totally irrelevent; it is simply listing the biographies of the people working at HRW.

And just like the person at HRW, you prefer to make personal attacks and obfuscate with nonsense what you cannot defend.

Fucking idiot, HRW went to SA to fundraise by promoting its anti-Israel stance.

At this point, only a moron would accept their reporting anymore. And that is unfortunate, since, like the ACLU, were once a decent, reliable group - but no longer.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    [​IMG]

7. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Netanyahu previously held the same position from June 1996 to July 1999 and he's back as Prime Minister again. Your point? None of them who have been in leadership positions since the '67 war are very far off the radar.

8. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,764
    You are aware that Sharon is brain dead and in a coma for over 4 years, right?

9. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    ONE SHOT, TWO KILLS, bitch.

:thup:

10. Nik

Nik Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    You don't understand the difference between him breathing and being an advisor to a former leader of Israel? Honestly?

You can't include and omit specific facts in order to create a biased perspective? Really?

Bullshit. Its very relevant.

No, they didn't. They went by promoting their ability to be independent from pro-Israeli groups. That does NOT mean they are anti-Israel, merely that they are independent.