Obama Bows to Saudi Prince and Japan's Emporer, Compare/contrast

all of you just need to elf yourself!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvw3H3LUQwQ&feature=topvideos]YouTube - Elf Yourself Dancing Flash Mob Invades NYC[/ame]

I think it is a sign of respect, my parents always taught me to be respectful when in someone else's home. Japan for one is a very traditional country and that places importance on customs, and they also have been very good for us. Honda is one of the only car companies making a decent profit right now. 80% of Honda's and Acura's are assembled in the US, so maybe we should show them some respect and follow their customs while in their home.

Deflection once again. You are working very hard at avoiding my very simple question. What is your opinion on Barack Obama bowing to the saudi prince and japanese emporer?

I'm glad you can't find me being hypocritical about Obama bowing to both.
You're glad you are not hypocritical about your Straw Man .... BRILLIANT!

It is obvious from my posts that it is my opinion that CON$ are being hypocritical in their attacks on Obama for bowing. CON$ have been PROGRAMMED to see him as weak and use bowing to rationalize their programming while ignoring Eisenhower's and Bush's bows of "weakness."
Get it????

I get your interpretation of what CONs think of the bow, but I want to know what YOU think personally. I have asked you a half dozen times now and you still fail to answer that simple question.

I stated my opinion on it in the OP that "In the end I say both bows were appropriate but am still a little bothered by the saudi one."

If you actually took a moment to comprehend what I wrote in the OP you would see this thread is a response to all the whining about the BOW. You would also see that I'm not saying obama was wrong to bow.

So last chance to not be a complete jackanapes, what is YOUR opinion of the bowing?
If you actually took a moment to comprehend what I wrote in my first post, you would have seen that I was not replying to your post since I quote the posts I reply to.

In your first post to me you made the assumption that I hate CON$ simply because I pointed out the hypocrisy of attacking Obama for bowing and not Bush, but rationalizing it was OK for Bush to bow to the Pope, as well as my pointing out the stupidity of CONS for believing the GOP propaganda that no other president, except maybe Clinton, ever bowed. Remember?
Since you can't defend your fellow travelers on those two points you tried to divert me away to another point. Well, at least you didn't whine "photoshop," I'll give you that much.

You're glad you are not hypocritical about your Straw Man .... BRILLIANT!

It is obvious from my posts that it is my opinion that CON$ are being hypocritical in their attacks on Obama for bowing. CON$ have been PROGRAMMED to see him as weak and use bowing to rationalize their programming while ignoring Eisenhower's and Bush's bows of "weakness."
Get it????

I get your interpretation of what CONs think of the bow, but I want to know what YOU think personally. I have asked you a half dozen times now and you still fail to answer that simple question.

I stated my opinion on it in the OP that "In the end I say both bows were appropriate but am still a little bothered by the saudi one."

If you actually took a moment to comprehend what I wrote in the OP you would see this thread is a response to all the whining about the BOW. You would also see that I'm not saying obama was wrong to bow.

So last chance to not be a complete jackanapes, what is YOUR opinion of the bowing?
If you actually took a moment to comprehend what I wrote in my first post, you would have seen that I was not replying to your post since I quote the posts I reply to.

In your first post to me you made the assumption that I hate CON$ simply because I pointed out the hypocrisy of attacking Obama for bowing and not Bush, but rationalizing it was OK for Bush to bow to the Pope, as well as my pointing out the stupidity of CONS for believing the GOP propaganda that no other president, except maybe Clinton, ever bowed. Remember?
Since you can't defend your fellow travelers on those two points you tried to divert me away to another point. Well, at least you didn't whine "photoshop," I'll give you that much.

The observation that you "Hate the CONs" came from your posts across several different threads and topics, if you want I can dedicate a thread just to your posts that show this, but this thread was for people's opinion of the bows.

It seems you want me to defend other poster's who have a negative view of obama's bows. I dont share their opinion therefore dont have the motivation or inclination to defend their opinions.

BTW I'm still waiting for your opinion on the bow. I have not tried to distract you at all and have consitantly asked you for your personal opinion on the bowing. Would you like to state your opinion yet?

Last edited:
Say what you want, I would rather have my president bowing in greeting than swapping spit.

George_W_Bush_Prince_Abdullah_kiss_.jpg

That's why Bush always carried a pack of "Tic Tacs".

What's funny is that Bush is wearing different clothes. That means this was NOT the first date. I love it when right wingers say, "But that's how equals greet each other in other countries". Yea, sure it is. Uh huh.

You know you just made yourself out to be a complete idiot once again right rdean? That is a photoshopped picture....plus all of your man dating talk along with your description of Bush's kiss the other day is making us all wonder....do you have an announcement you would like to make? Please feel free to express your profound love of same sex couples.

The Bush family has had very close ties with Arabs since George Sr. was a young man. I suspect George Jr. knew that prince since they were both kids.

Rich people act like that.

I admit, I have a skewed picture of rich people. My mom remarried when I was young. My sister and I became maid and butler. Even though my step father was rich and his kids and my mom, me and my sister were not. We worked. We were deck hands on his yacht. We loaded and unloaded his plane. But we had a good time. Not complaining. I learned about work and the value of work. And when we turned 18, we were out of there. But people who inherit wealth. Man, they believe they have a right to manage the world and not a one could manage a McDonalds.

So many that inherited, are Republicans.

The observation that you "Hate the CONs" came from your posts across several different threads and topics, if you want I can dedicate a thread just to your posts that show this, but this thread was for people's opinion of the bows.

It seems you want me to defend other poster's who have a negative view of obama's bows. I dont share their opinion therefore dont have the motivation or inclination to defend their opinions.

BTW I'm still waiting for your opinion on the bow. I have not tried to distract you at all and have consitantly asked you for your personal opinion on the bowing. Would you like to state your opinion yet?
There is a big difference between having no respect for CON$ and hating them. I leave the hating to CON$, they are not worth my hate.
And clearly you consider this thread also to be for your opinion on who I hate or you would not have posted such an opinion in the first place!!!

Again, I merely posted information that countered the false info the CON$ who attacked Obama used to form their opinions or I exposed their hypocrisy in first condemning all bowing and then making an exception for Bush, and so my posts were more relevant to this thread, even though they were not opinions, than your opinion of who I hate.

There is a big difference between having no respect for CON$ and hating them. I leave the hating to CON$, they are not worth my hate.
And clearly you consider this thread also to be for your opinion on who I hate or you would not have posted such an opinion in the first place!!!

Again, I merely posted information that countered the false info the CON$ who attacked Obama used to form their opinions or I exposed their hypocrisy in first condemning all bowing and then making an exception for Bush, and so my posts were more relevant to this thread, even though they were not opinions, than your opinion of who I hate.

I can understand leaving the hate at the door as many aren't worth the energy and acknowledge that you don't feel any respect for the cons and dont feel as if you hate them.

So what is your opinion on the bowing itself? Approve/Disaprove/Other?

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE] "There is no reason for an American president to bow to anyone.
Our friends and allies don't expect it, and our enemies see it as a sign of weakness."
-- Cheney the Dick, Link

"Perhaps Cheney forgot that in 1971, Nixon bowed to Akihito's father,
Emperor Hirohito - who ruled when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor."
-- David Saltonstall, Link

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE] "There is no reason for an American president to bow to anyone.
Our friends and allies don't expect it, and our enemies see it as a sign of weakness."
-- Cheney the Dick, Link

"Perhaps Cheney forgot that in 1971, Nixon bowed to Akihito's father,
Emperor Hirohito - who ruled when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor."
-- David Saltonstall, Link

you dont mind the bowing either right jay?

when you are a guest in another country and you are representing the people of your own country I would say it is your responsibility to observe their customs..... personally I would be hard pressed to bow to any man.

when you are a guest in another country and you are representing the people of your own country I would say it is your responsibility to observe their customs..... personally I would be hard pressed to bow to any man.

c'mon now Ed, see how easy it is to answer the question.

Thanks for your input jay.

"We have a new photo of Obama bowing to the emperor of Japan. It's the kind of image that doesn't sit well with many Americans. The president should not bow to foreign leaders, royal or not."
-- Byron York (R-Handjob) Link

I believe the proper protocol is for the president to vomit on the prime minister at dinner.

I think for the American President to bow to any other world leader is just plain ignorant. Our country should bow to NOBODY.

Look guys..it is obvious that you are going to jump on anything Obama does.

But in comparing diplomatic courtisies....your guy held hands and sucked face with the Saudi king.

YOU LOSE

Forum List

Back