Obama Bows to Saudi Prince and Japan's Emporer, Compare/contrast

I think for the American President to bow to any other world leader is just plain ignorant. Our country should bow to NOBODY.

Look guys..it is obvious that you are going to jump on anything Obama does.

But in comparing diplomatic courtisies....your guy held hands and sucked face with the Saudi king.

YOU LOSE

Obama is a low-class narcissist who couldn't even bring himself to help an elderly professor down the steps.
And in the same situation what did Bush do? Well the pictures speak for themselves.

Attachments

• $2.jpg
    $2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 41
  • $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Interesting. The PONTIFF is a Direct representitive of (GASP) *GOD*...The creator of man. And this offends you? HOW? Are you serious with this post?

Kinda puts things into perspective for *ME* in Regard to *YOU*.

Except not everyone believes that. And not everyone believes that the Pope is directing representing God either, and that includes Christians. Never mind the people who believe in a God and are not Christian. What about them? Do they suddenly not count?

Remember Thomas, America is not a Christian nation and the founders never intended it to be so.

Nixon bowed when he met the emperor of Japan.
Bush bowed when he met the Pope.

People who are ignorant of other cultures fail to realize customs of Asian countries. Never mind the fact that Obama was bowing a regular person, not as the POTUS. He was showing a elder person in Japan respect. The reasons that people like Dick Cheney did not bow are because they are either ignorant of the culture or don't care. And when you don't care, you don't make good friends with people. I love the irony of people using Dick Cheney to represent our foreign policy. That's like using Burger King & Taco Bell as Health Advisors.

Interesting. The PONTIFF is a Direct representitive of (GASP) *GOD*...The creator of man. And this offends you? HOW? Are you serious with this post?

Except not everyone believes that. And not everyone believes that the Pope is directing representing God either, and that includes Christians. Never mind the people who believe in a God and are not Christian. What about them? Do they suddenly not count?

Remember Thomas, America is not a Christian nation and the founders never intended it to be so.

Then they BELIED even themselves. Read your history shithead of WHOM they were and their leanings.

YOU are an idiot and assume too much.

Then they BELIED even themselves. Read your history shithead of WHOM they were and their leanings.

I have read my history Thomas, have you? :confused:

Treaty of Tripoli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..."
- Treaty of Tripoli (1796), Article 11.​

The treaty was unanimously ratified by the Senate in 1797 and signed by then-President John Adams. I hope that clears things up for you.

Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty of Peace and Friendship, Signed at Tripoli November 4, 1796

Or, you know, how Jefferson said the miracles of Jesus were a bunch of baloney and wrote his own cut of the New Testament which excluded them.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

And gee? What IS your SOURCE? WIKI? A Source that can be edited by *ANYONE*? Try again.

Or, you know, how Jefferson said the miracles of Jesus were a bunch of baloney and wrote his own cut of the New Testament which excluded them.

:eusa_shhh:

I'm waiting for the usual response to come. I'm hoping Thomas uses it.

And gee? What IS your SOURCE? WIKI? A Source that can be edited by *ANYONE*? Try again.

It's the text of a damn treaty, which can be independently confirmed elsewhere.
Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty of Peace and Friendship, Signed at Tripoli November 4, 1796

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Now...Follow this...AS The Constitution Recognizes BY the FIRST AMENDMENT...

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It was the opinion by said treaty that The UNITED STATES had no religious QUARREL with that of the Mussulmen, but rather THAT of the seizing of our ships, our Commerce, and our SEAMEN, for SAKE of Religion.

The President nor this country would afford the DISPUTE to a RELIGIOUS WAR. But Rather worded the TREATY to allay fears that our problem with them was ONE of RELIGIOUS GROUNDS.

WE Did not want the dispute to escalate to ONE of religion, but rather to address this to a matter of commerce, and the exercise of FREE COMMERCE to which the Barbary Pirates were interfering.

I enjoy how Thomas has decided to just ignore a whole part and focus on what is not the point at all.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Now...Follow this...AS The Constitution Recognizes BY the FIRST AMENDMENT...

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It was the opinion by said treaty that The UNITED STATES had no religious QUARREL with that of the Mussulmen, but rather THAT of the seizing of our ships, our Commerce, and our SEAMEN, for SAKE of Religion.

The President nor this country would afford the DISPUTE to a RELIGIOUS WAR. But Rather worded the TREATY to allay fears that our problem with them was ONE of RELIGIOUS GROUNDS.

WE Did not want the dispute to escalate to ONE of religion, but rather to address this to a matter of commerce, and the exercise of FREE COMMERCE to which the Barbary Pirates were interfering.

Fail.

Forum List

Back