Obama Bows to Saudi Prince and Japan's Emporer, Compare/contrast

I think for the American President to bow to any other world leader is just plain ignorant. Our country should bow to NOBODY.

I believe when the President of the United States bows to another foreign head of state it shows weakness and the willingness to be submissive to that foreign government. I feel the only exception to this would be the President of the United States bowing to the Pope. That act to me would signify that the US is submissive to God and I find that acceptable. The rest of the bowing, be it customary or whatever to me is offensive.
You gotta love CON$! First they say an American president bows to no one, but after a picture of Bush bowing to the Pope is posted, an exception is made for a Pope. Now that I've posted a photo of Bush bowing to a ChiCom, they will make an exception for that too. :rofl:
This is what CON$ mean by "exceptionalism!" LOL
bush-in-china.jpg

Bush in China showing deference to a communist

You knucklehead...actually Bush had some left over Moo Goo Gai Pan on the front of his jacket...

Nixon also bowed to a foreign dignitary.

This whole thread is right wing bullshit. It's a non issue unless your agenda is to attack everything Obama does.

Pee thee off.:lol:

:banghead:

So other than "I hate cons" do you actually have an opinion to add Ed?

C'mon ED i know your not stupid even if you can be annoying.

Lay your own personal opinon out, from your pictures I'm guessing you think it is ok for our leaders to bow but I dont want to assume anything. Opine on your view a little bit instead of just posting pictures of the evil one.
It's my opinion that you had no trouble "assuming" in your earlier post.
But thank you for showing with your posts the hypocrisy of CON$ervatism just as my pictures did.

Lay your own personal opinon out, from your pictures I'm guessing you think it is ok for our leaders to bow but I dont want to assume anything. Opine on your view a little bit instead of just posting pictures of the evil one.
But thank you for showing with your posts the hypocrisy of CON$ervatism just as my pictures did.

Now you sound like an uniformed poster. Quote my hypocrisy, go ahead I'll wait.

As I have so often said, when CON$ know they are wrong, they play dumb.

Your hypocritical denial of "assumption" was both quoted and highlighted.
How could someone as brilliant as you possibly have missed it??? :cuckoo:

Nixon also bowed to a foreign dignitary.

This whole thread is right wing bullshit. It's a non issue unless your agenda is to attack everything Obama does.

Pee thee off.:lol:

Being respectful to other world leaders is one thing...he seems to do a good job at that! BUT...what REALLY pisses me off is he can show all this respect to other leaders, but he shows no respect for his own people. The latest is from the Tomb of the Unknown soldiers where everyone else is either saluting or have their hand over their hearts...he's standing there cupping his balls!

Just thought I'd try and start another fun comparison thread.

YouTube - Obama Bows to Saudi King

YouTube - Barack Obama bows to Japan's Emperor Akihito

So lets get to the comparison, contrast, and opinions.

I think he was just trying to show respect to both leaders as it is custom in both countries to bow to the royalty and emporer.

That being said something about an american president Bowing to the Saudi bothers me A LOT more than him bowing to the Japanese. I think its because the japanese are our ally and act like a good friend in international matters, their actions show their alliance with us. The saudis on the other hand dont seem as helpful in anything and their country spawned the 9/11 hijackers.

In the end I say both bows were appropriate but am still a little bothered by the saudi one.

What say you guys and gals?

I wonder what he did in China? Probably kissed the feet or the other end of the Chinese.:lol:

Just thought I'd try and start another fun comparison thread.

YouTube - Obama Bows to Saudi King

YouTube - Barack Obama bows to Japan's Emperor Akihito

So lets get to the comparison, contrast, and opinions.

I think he was just trying to show respect to both leaders as it is custom in both countries to bow to the royalty and emporer.

That being said something about an american president Bowing to the Saudi bothers me A LOT more than him bowing to the Japanese. I think its because the japanese are our ally and act like a good friend in international matters, their actions show their alliance with us. The saudis on the other hand dont seem as helpful in anything and their country spawned the 9/11 hijackers.

In the end I say both bows were appropriate but am still a little bothered by the saudi one.

What say you guys and gals?

Personally I say an American president should not bow to anybody, Saudi, Japanese, or the King or Queen of England, but President Obama is not the first, or will he be the last American President to do so as it is protocol.

EDTHECYNIC

I said I'm trying to not assume and am guessing at your opinion therefore I wanted you to clarify your opinion of Obama's Bow, which you really haven't done in a forthcoming way.

Excellent deflection away from the FACT that you can not show me being hypocritical of Obama bowing anywhere in this thread. :clap2:

Say what you want, I would rather have my president bowing in greeting than swapping spit.

George_W_Bush_Prince_Abdullah_kiss_.jpg

That's why Bush always carried a pack of "Tic Tacs".

What's funny is that Bush is wearing different clothes. That means this was NOT the first date. I love it when right wingers say, "But that's how equals greet each other in other countries". Yea, sure it is. Uh huh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you want, I would rather have my president bowing in greeting than swapping spit.

But what if swapping spit WAS the accepted cultural greeting somewhere like Bowing is in saudi and japan? Would that be ok with you then?

You dont have a problem with the bow/greeting right?

But what if swapping spit WAS the accepted cultural greeting somewhere like Bowing is in saudi and japan? Would that be ok with you then?

I don't like either the bowing or the swapping spit. Personally, I don't even like it when they shake hands. They could be passing germs.

I haven't been able to find another picture of a US president kissing another man on the lips. Just Bush. Not saying they don't exist. Just haven't see one.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDTHECYNIC

I said I'm trying to not assume and am guessing at your opinion therefore I wanted you to clarify your opinion of Obama's Bow, which you really haven't done in a forthcoming way.

Excellent deflection away from the FACT that you can not show me being hypocritical of Obama bowing anywhere in this thread. :clap2:
Keep milking that dumb act, it makes you look even more brilliant. :cuckoo:

You said you didn't want to "assume ANYTHING" but you "assumed" I "hate CON$."
I highlighted it for you and even pointed out that I highlighted it after you played dumb the first time, and yet you still play dumb.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein

EDTHECYNIC

I highlighted it for you and even pointed out that I highlighted it after you played dumb the first time, and yet you still play dumb.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- Albert Einstein

Deflection once again. You are working very hard at avoiding my very simple question. What is your opinion on Barack Obama bowing to the saudi prince and japanese emporer?

I'm glad you can't find me being hypocritical about Obama bowing to both.

I don't like either the bowing or the swapping spit. Personally, I don't even like it when they shake hands. They could be passing germs.

I haven't been able to find another picture of a US president kissing another man on the lips. Just Bush. Not saying they don't exist. Just haven't see one.

EdTheCynic see RDean's response? Thats called typing out your opinion. He doesn't like "either the bowing or the swapping spit. Personally, I don't even like it when they shake hands."

Rdean and i almost never agree but he seems to be able to answer me without a problem.

EDTHECYNIC

- Albert Einstein

Deflection once again. You are working very hard at avoiding my very simple question. What is your opinion on Barack Obama bowing to the saudi prince and japanese emporer?

You're glad you are not hypocritical about your Straw Man .... BRILLIANT!

It is obvious from my posts that it is my opinion that CON$ are being hypocritical in their attacks on Obama for bowing. CON$ have been PROGRAMMED to see him as weak and use bowing to rationalize their programming while ignoring Eisenhower's and Bush's bows of "weakness."
Get it????

What's funny is that Bush is wearing different clothes. That means this was NOT the first date. I love it when right wingers say, "But that's how equals greet each other in other countries". Yea, sure it is. Uh huh.

You know you just made yourself out to be a complete idiot once again right rdean? That is a photoshopped picture....plus all of your man dating talk along with your description of Bush's kiss the other day is making us all wonder....do you have an announcement you would like to make? Please feel free to express your profound love of same sex couples.

- Albert Einstein

You're glad you are not hypocritical about your Straw Man .... BRILLIANT!

It is obvious from my posts that it is my opinion that CON$ are being hypocritical in their attacks on Obama for bowing. CON$ have been PROGRAMMED to see him as weak and use bowing to rationalize their programming while ignoring Eisenhower's and Bush's bows of "weakness."
Get it????

I get your interpretation of what CONs think of the bow, but I want to know what YOU think personally. I have asked you a half dozen times now and you still fail to answer that simple question.

I stated my opinion on it in the OP that "In the end I say both bows were appropriate but am still a little bothered by the saudi one."

If you actually took a moment to comprehend what I wrote in the OP you would see this thread is a response to all the whining about the BOW. You would also see that I'm not saying obama was wrong to bow.

So last chance to not be a complete jackanapes, what is YOUR opinion of the bowing?

not to dog Bush because you gotta do what you gotta do but doesn't he look very uncomfortable in that picture? I think he was either told he had to do it or the guy went in for it and Bush was like " What fuck am I suppose to do now?":lol::lol:

Forum List

Back