obama bans gun no shit

No spin.

Obama administration is not allowing the importation of one million antique rifles from South Korea. While I think that this is a dumb move on the administrations part, this is not "banning" guns.

So, zero points for you. Try again.

That's not even a good attmpt at a spin.

Thats because it is the truth. No spin. Now, what YOU are trying to do...thats spin.

What obama did was ban the sales of those firearms here. That is a ban no matter how you word it.

Thats a ban on these specific guns which are currently owned by a foreign government. A trade issue IOW. That is NOT the same as your hyperbole laden "obama bans guns no shit".

Talk about spin. Look obama baned those gun from being old here in America.. Are they guns or not?

That's not even a good attmpt at a spin.

Thats because it is the truth. No spin. Now, what YOU are trying to do...thats spin.

What obama did was ban the sales of those firearms here. That is a ban no matter how you word it.

Thats a ban on these specific guns which are currently owned by a foreign government. A trade issue IOW. That is NOT the same as your hyperbole laden "obama bans guns no shit".

Talk about spin. Look obama baned those gun from being old here in America.. Are they guns or not?

Please explain how: this is a ban on these specific guns which are currently owned by a foreign government. A trade issue IOW. is spin?

Misleading thread title much? :lol:

The article didn't offer any reasons why the state department did an about-face. As far as I know, nothing changed from when the deal was first brokered up to this embargo. What gives? :confused:

The article didn't offer any reasons why the state department did an about-face. As far as I know, nothing changed from when the deal was first brokered up to this embargo. What gives? :confused:

Horse shit you didn't read the article.

A State Department spokesman said the administration's decision was based on concerns that the guns could fall into the wrong hands.

"The transfer of such a large number of weapons -- 87,310 M1 Garands and 770,160 M1 Carbines -- could potentially be exploited by individuals seeking firearms for illicit purposes," the spokesman told FoxNews.com.

"We are working closely with our Korean allies and the U.S. Army in exploring alternative options to dispose of these firearms."

Please explain how: this is a ban on these specific guns which are currently owned by a foreign government. A trade issue IOW. is spin?

maybe obama can tell you why he banned them

The Obama administration approved the sale of the American-made rifles last year. But it reversed course and banned the sale in March – a decision that went largely unnoticed at the time but that is now sparking opposition from gun rights advocates.

A State Department spokesman said the administration's decision was based on concerns that the guns could fall into the wrong hands.

"The transfer of such a large number of weapons -- 87,310 M1 Garands and 770,160 M1 Carbines -- could potentially be exploited by individuals seeking firearms for illicit purposes," the spokesman told FoxNews.com.

"We are working closely with our Korean allies and the U.S. Army in exploring alternative options to dispose of these firearms."

The deal was brokered last year, and I'm assuming the same models and same number of guns were involved at the time. I'm also assuming the number of antique-rifle related homicides have remained the same since the deal was first brokered.

The State Department gave the reason for why they are doing this about-face, but I haven't seen anything to explain why this embargo wasn't their first course of action here.

maybe obama can tell you why he banned them

The Obama administration approved the sale of the American-made rifles last year. But it reversed course and banned the sale in March – a decision that went largely unnoticed at the time but that is now sparking opposition from gun rights advocates.

Here's a hint: Repeating the article doesn't help your spin. It only hurts it.

Does this mean that soon Obama will come and take all of our rifles and pistols??? :eek:

ZOICKS!

m1carbine_pfc_modelgun_wwii_WW2_GUNS-s480x360-14501-580.jpg

Looks tame enough

Nothing tame about any 30-06

The deal was brokered last year, and I'm assuming the same models and same number of guns were involved at the time. I'm also assuming the number of antique-rifle related homicides have remained the same since the deal was first brokered.

The State Department gave the reason for why they are doing this about-face, but I haven't seen anything to explain why this embargo wasn't their first course of action here.

Embargo? Why are we imposing an embargo on South Korea?

Wouldn't this be in violation of the recent Supreme Court ruling?

Uhh. No. City gun bans and foreign trade issues are quite different topics, don't you think?

Except their reasoning has nothing to do with foriegn trade. It's all about keeping these guns out of the hands of people. There is no foriegn trade issue here.

Embargo? Why are we imposing an embargo on South Korea?

Because Obama eats babies for breakfast?

In reality, it's a trade issue. The ATF claims the state department has a special agreement with the S Korean government on the re-importation of these firearms, and that any sale of these specific guns in the US has to first pass through the Department. It's not a full-scale embargo. This is all in the article.

Wouldn't this be in violation of the recent Supreme Court ruling?

Uhh. No. City gun bans and foreign trade issues are quite different topics, don't you think?

Except their reasoning has nothing to do with foriegn trade. It's all about keeping these guns out of the hands of people. There is no foriegn trade issue here.

Except the Second Amendment doesn't apply to foreign trade agreements. It gives Americans the right to own guns - which has not be infringed. It does NOT give other countries the right to SELL guns.

Except the Second Amendment doesn't apply to foreign trade agreements. It gives Americans the right to own guns - which has not be infringed. It does NOT give other countries the right to SELL guns.

Do you mean to tell me that South Koreans are not protected by our Constitution?

I will not believe it until I see it in writing!

Forum List

Back