Obama admits keeping the tax cuts is a good idea.

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
First Read - Obama: Tax deal will look better with more scrutiny

I kid you not;

Despite clear unease on the part of many Democrats on the Hill with an agreement that would extend the Bush era tax rates for all income levels, the president said it was "inaccurate to characterize Democrats writ large as feeling quote unquote betrayed" and asked members of Congress to closely study the bill but to "get this done."

"I think Democrats are looking at this bill, and you've already had a whole bunch of them who've said this makes sense, and I think the more they look at it, the more of them are going to say this makes sense," the president said. "You've just had economists over the last 24, 48 hours examine this and say this is going to boost the economy; it is going to grow the economy; it is going to increase the likelihood that we can drive down the unemployment rate."

Obama pointed to analysis from economists who have upwardly revised their forecasts for economic growth and predicted more job growth in 2011 and 2012 than originally anticipated. The president said the deal was "the right thing to do" and warned Congress that the American people were watching and expecting lawmakers to take action.

So is this one of those he was for it before he could be for it but was waiting for some people to say it is now ok to be for it in the open, kinda things?

Where were these "experts" when he wanted to raise taxes?

Forum List

Back