Is The Economy About You And Me?

One thing I see on here a lot is that with 80% of Americans saying they are financially worse off since Biden took office and 70% of Americans thinking the country is going in the wrong direction, leftists are always bragging about how great the economy is. While you can certainly pick out some economic numbers and say that, isn't the economy really about you and me? Several polls show Americans just don't think the economy is doing well while the media and leftists point to stats saying that it is.

Isn't the economy really about how most Americans feel it is? Or, are they two separate things? To me, if 80% of Americans are worse off than before Biden took office, to me that screams that the economy sucks, no matter what the numbers are. I believe democrats are doing a great disservice to the 80% of Americans who say they are worse off when they try explaining to these 80% that they are actually wrong, the economy is great. These 80% don't think it is.

The economy is about how the facts and the data stack up, not how people "feel" about it. Feelings can and are being manipulated.

Most Americans say they're doing fine but other people aren't.

One thing I see on here a lot is that with 80% of Americans saying they are financially worse off since Biden took office and 70% of Americans thinking the country is going in the wrong direction, leftists are always bragging about how great the economy is. While you can certainly pick out some economic numbers and say that, isn't the economy really about you and me? Several polls show Americans just don't think the economy is doing well while the media and leftists point to stats saying that it is.

Isn't the economy really about how most Americans feel it is? Or, are they two separate things? To me, if 80% of Americans are worse off than before Biden took office, to me that screams that the economy sucks, no matter what the numbers are. I believe democrats are doing a great disservice to the 80% of Americans who say they are worse off when they try explaining to these 80% that they are actually wrong, the economy is great. These 80% don't think it is.
The guys in charge are doing exactly what they want to manipulate markets and prices, all while you are busy pointing fingers

Americans need an extra $11,400 a year to afford the same quality of life they enjoyed in 2021 - here are the states hit worst by inflation​

• Colorado residents must fork out an extra $14,995 to afford the same quality of life as two years ago
  • Arkansas has the lowest extra expenditures needed - but households will still need an extra $8,528 a year
  • The data compares the prices of everyday essentials including food, housing, energy and transportation in October this year and January 2021

1701358099052.png

If you are struggling financially and voted for Biden, you'll have the opportunity to completely finish yourself off in 2024.

Americans need an extra $11,400 a year to afford the same quality of life they enjoyed in 2021 - here are the states hit worst by inflation​

• Colorado residents must fork out an extra $14,995 to afford the same quality of life as two years ago
  • Arkansas has the lowest extra expenditures needed - but households will still need an extra $8,528 a year
  • The data compares the prices of everyday essentials including food, housing, energy and transportation in October this year and January 2021

View attachment 866105

If you are struggling financially and voted for Biden, you'll have the opportunity to completely finish yourself off in 2024.
Your source is the Daily Mail UK - a site with zero credibility:

• Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor information sourcing.
"The chairman is Jonathan Harmsworth, 4th Viscount Rothermere, who inherited the media empire founded by his great-grandfather Harold and his brother Alfred a century earlier. Harold Sidney Harmsworth is also known to be an admirer of Mussolini and a supporter of Nazi Germany."

Your source is the Daily Mail UK - a site with zero credibility:

• Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor information sourcing.
"The chairman is Jonathan Harmsworth, 4th Viscount Rothermere, who inherited the media empire founded by his great-grandfather Harold and his brother Alfred a century earlier. Harold Sidney Harmsworth is also known to be an admirer of Mussolini and a supporter of Nazi Germany."

BLS.gov has the exact same numbers. Enjoy.

BLS.gov has the exact same numbers. Enjoy.

Do they now, and yet Wall Street, and legitimate conservative media sources in the USA aren’t making any of the same “sky is falling claims” on this data set that the card carrying anti-democracy fake news site with the fascist owner is claiming.

Imagine that! Not even FOX News is making these claims.

View attachment 866105

They are alright with that because orange man bad.

How much did Covid cost working Americans in lost income and medical expenses?
Yes, Democrats locked the country down, causing huge chaos, including supply chain issues, which increased worldwide inflation. And, Covid was worse under Biden than Trump. Thank God we had Trump's Covid vaccines. Where would we have been without them? I don't normally like your posts but this one was dead on right.

Everybody knows the economy sucks. Libs will always contort themselves to deny reality when it suits them.
What metrics are you using to assert "sucks"?

GDP?

Employment or unemployment numbers?

The forward looking stock markets?

Hilarious jim.

Is that gauge stopping people from traveling, spending and eating out? You know, consumer spending...
Of course spending is up; everything is WAY MORE EXPENSIVE.

Lots of people have to cut back or work two jobs.

People are saving less.

For people who rely on Social Security, even though Social Security payments are indexed for inflation, it typically is not the only source of income, so inflation is killing people on fixed incomes.

Even though inflation is calming, prices aren't going to go down; they are just rising more slowly.

The high interest rates have doubled the cost of a 30-yr mortgage.

This economy is hurting all but the richest among us.

I don't think it's hilarious. Biden is destroying the American Dream.

(Jump to 3:00 to see the reaction of the populace... They say they are starving in Chicago....)

Regards,
Jim

Of course spending is up; everything is WAY MORE EXPENSIVE.

Lots of people have to cut back or work two jobs.

People are saving less.

For people who rely on Social Security, even though Social Security payments are indexed for inflation, it typically is not the only source of income, so inflation is killing people on fixed incomes.

Even though inflation is calming, prices aren't going to go down; they are just rising more slowly.

The high interest rates have doubled the cost of a 30-yr mortgage.

This economy is hurting all but the richest among us.

I don't think it's hilarious. Biden is destroying the American Dream.

(Jump to 3:00 to see the reaction of the populace... They say they are starving in Chicago....)

Regards,
Jim

Hilarious jim

I'm actually doing much better under Biden than the former administration.

Forum List

Back