Is The Economy About You And Me?

Both of us have had solid wage increases and 401K money is a highest point.
yeah, generally speaking if you have a mortgage locked in at 3-4%, and money to invest at high interest rates, and your salary stays somewhere around inflation .... AND YOUR KIDS ARE RAISED ... you do OK with high rates and inflation. Your house appreciates while the cost of the house stays the same. It's not new, it just hasn't happened since the early 80s.

As for people's attitudes, that's emotion. And that means decisions not made on actual facts. Anyone with google can see what happens with inflation and M2, and what typically happens when the amount of M2 declines rapidly, which it is doing right now IN A BIPARTISAN FASHION. The question that remains is .... is the contraction of M2 closer to the amount that needs to be taken out of circulation to curtail inflation after both parties drove if since 2010 OR is it so much that we'll see deflation.

yeah, generally speaking if you have a mortgage locked in at 3-4%, and money to invest at high interest rates, and your salary stays somewhere around inflation .... AND YOUR KIDS ARE RAISED ... you do OK with high rates and inflation. Your house appreciates while the cost of the house stays the same. It's not new, it just hasn't happened since the early 80s.

As for people's attitudes, that's emotion. And that means decisions not made on actual facts. Anyone with google can see what happens with inflation and M2, and what typically happens when the amount of M2 declines rapidly, which it is doing right now IN A BIPARTISAN FASHION. The question that remains is .... is the contraction of M2 closer to the amount that needs to be taken out of circulation to curtail inflation after both parties drove if since 2010 OR is it so much that we'll see deflation.
Sure, sure what is our historical annual average for inflation?

I haven’t invested in bonds or money market accounts.

Both of us have had solid wage increases and 401K money is a highest point.
Thanks.

Like me, your retirement savings might be at or near record, but in real dollars, it's value has decreased enormously (17%) in just the past three years.

Same with the raises. Needed a raise of 5.4% in 2021, 5.6% in 2022, and 3% this year so far (17% when compounded over 35 months) just to keep up with Bidenflation.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
Thanks.

Like me, your retirement savings might be at or near record, but in real dollars, it's value has decreased enormously (17%) in just the past three years.

Same with the raises. Needed a raise of 5.4% in 2021, 5.6% in 2022, and 3% this year so far (17% when compounded over 35 months) just to keep up with Bidenflation.

Regards,
Jim
I’m not invested in mutual funds to the extent you want. I trade dividend stocks and I’m up big this year.

Also, both myself and my wife have received raises over 25% just in the last 24 months.

The 401K funds that I do own are large cap growth and S&P Index.

I’m not invested in mutual funds to the extent you want. I trade dividend stocks and I’m up big this year.

Also, both myself and my wife have received raises over 25% just in the last 24 months.

The 401K funds that I do own are large cap growth and S&P Index.
Congrats on the raises.

I believe democrats are doing a great disservice to the 80% of Americans who say they are worse off when they try explaining to these 80% that they are actually wrong, the economy is great. These 80% don't think it is.

I don't see how it matters. Political partisans soak up the crap their side's pundits put out, but those that think for themselves understand that those in power to paint a rosy picture of things while the opponents go for the doom-and- gloom. It'll all work out.

I don't see how it matters. Political partisans soak up the crap their side's pundits put out, but those that think for themselves understand that those in power to paint a rosy picture of things while the opponents go for the doom-and- gloom. It'll all work out.
The 80% who say what?

Forum List

Back