Is The Economy About You And Me?

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
One thing I see on here a lot is that with 80% of Americans saying they are financially worse off since Biden took office and 70% of Americans thinking the country is going in the wrong direction, leftists are always bragging about how great the economy is. While you can certainly pick out some economic numbers and say that, isn't the economy really about you and me? Several polls show Americans just don't think the economy is doing well while the media and leftists point to stats saying that it is.

Isn't the economy really about how most Americans feel it is? Or, are they two separate things? To me, if 80% of Americans are worse off than before Biden took office, to me that screams that the economy sucks, no matter what the numbers are. I believe democrats are doing a great disservice to the 80% of Americans who say they are worse off when they try explaining to these 80% that they are actually wrong, the economy is great. These 80% don't think it is.

One thing I see on here a lot is that with 80% of Americans saying they are financially worse off since Biden took office and 70% of Americans thinking the country is going in the wrong direction, leftists are always bragging about how great the economy is. While you can certainly pick out some economic numbers and say that, isn't the economy really about you and me? Several polls show Americans just don't think the economy is doing well while the media and leftists point to stats saying that it is.

Isn't the economy really about how most Americans feel it is? Or, are they two separate things? To me, if 80% of Americans are worse off than before Biden took office, to me that screams that the economy sucks, no matter what the numbers are. I believe democrats are doing a great disservice to the 80% of Americans who say they are worse off when they try explaining to these 80% that they are actually wrong, the economy is great. These 80% don't think it is.

The highest number I have seen for those worse off is 50%. Do you have a link to the 80%

The easy answer to the question is that it is always only about the individual and their family.

The highest number I have seen for those worse off is 50%. Do you have a link to the 80%

Once again, you either do not keep up with the news or only read according to your prejudices

image.jpg

Once again, you either do not keep up with the news or only read according to your prejudices

your data is from June, mine Nov. Seems you are the one that does not keep up

Yeah, how about them Americans this past Black Friday.

your data is from June, mine Nov. Seems you are the one that does not keep up
Apples and oranges. Statistics show that 80% are worse off than before the pandemic (~2019). Surveys say that 50% feel they are worse of than before the election (~2020).

A surge in wealth has boosted most US households since 2020 and helped sustain economic growth

The net worth of the typical U.S. household grew at the fastest pace in more than three decades from 2020 through 2022, while relatively low interest rates at that time made it easier for households to pay their debts, according to a government report Wednesday.

Wealth for the median household — the midpoint between the richest and poorest households — jumped 37% during those three years, the Federal Reserve reported, to nearly $193,000. (The figures are adjusted for inflation.) The increase reflected primarily a jump in home values and higher stock prices and a rise in the proportion of Americans who own homes and stocks.

[snip]

wealth occurred even as the brief but brutal pandemic recession cost 20 million Americans their jobs in 2020. Extensive government relief aid, totaling about $5 trillion, helped spur a rapid recovery that regained the lost jobs much faster than had been true after the 2008-2009 recession. The additional spending, though, is believed to have helped fuel the worst bout of inflation in four decades.

[snip]

Household net worth rose more, on a percentage basis, for Black and Hispanic households than for white ones, though measured in dollar terms the disparities remained wide. The median net worth of Black households jumped 60% but remained comparatively low at $45,000. For Hispanics, the figure surged 47% to nearly $62,000. Among white households, median household net worth rose 31% to $285,000.

[snip]

Other economic research has found that since the pandemic struck in 2020, wages have actually grown faster for lower-income workers than for wealthier ones. That reflects the fact that restaurants, hotels, warehouses and many other service businesses dramatically raised pay to try to attract desperately needed workers.

Apples and oranges. Statistics show that 80% are worse off than before the pandemic (~2019). Surveys say that 50% feel they are worse of than before the election (~2020).
So, feelings.

Sorry to hear that you got some sand in your bagina.

This has nothing to do with the left.

It's called 'doom spending', which makes things worse than they appear.

Economy is very strong. People are making more, spending more, buying more… companies are making record profits… people are employed in record numbers… Home equities are at record valuations….S&P is at record heights… It’s a regular golden age…

IMG_0407.jpeg

The economy sucks but Deep State spins lies for the sheeples to follow. Why do you think they legalize drugs or stop enforcing drug laws? They want us sedated.

Forum List

Back