Reminder: the economy does better under democrat presidents

Well why haven’t you presented those links? You know, facts
Straight from the Wikipedia article Toddsterpatriot linked:

• $40 billion to provide extended unemployment benefits through December 31, and increase them by $25 a week
  • $19.9 billion for the Food Stamp Program
  • $14.2 billion to give one-time $250 payments to Social Security recipients, people on Supplemental Security Income, and veterans receiving disability and pensions.
  • $3.45 billion for job training
  • $3.2 billion in temporary welfare payments (TANF and WIC)
  • $500 million for vocational training for the disabled
  • $400 million for employment services
  • $120 million for subsidized community service jobs for older Americans
  • $150 million to help refill food banks
  • $100 million for meals programs for seniors, such as Meals on Wheels
  • $100 million for free school lunch programs

Straight from the Wikipedia article Toddsterpatriot linked:

• $40 billion to provide extended unemployment benefits through December 31, and increase them by $25 a week
  • $19.9 billion for the Food Stamp Program
  • $14.2 billion to give one-time $250 payments to Social Security recipients, people on Supplemental Security Income, and veterans receiving disability and pensions.
  • $3.45 billion for job training
  • $3.2 billion in temporary welfare payments (TANF and WIC)
  • $500 million for vocational training for the disabled
  • $400 million for employment services
  • $120 million for subsidized community service jobs for older Americans
  • $150 million to help refill food banks
  • $100 million for meals programs for seniors, such as Meals on Wheels
  • $100 million for free school lunch programs

$25 a week? Wow! So how much of that was spent before June 2009? DURR

Was that paid before June 2009?

$25 a week? Wow! So how much of that was spent before June 2009? DURR

Was that paid before June 2009?
Yep all took effect well before June 2009! And yes moron they would have spent that money immediately once they got it.
They were after all unemployed. Face it Todd you got nothing. All you do is trip over yourself each time you ask me to prove my point. :dunno:

Yep all took effect well before June 2009! And yes moron they would have spent that money immediately once they got it.
They were after all unemployed. Face it Todd you got nothing. All you do is trip over yourself each time you ask me to prove my point. :dunno:

Yep all took effect well before June 2009!

Taking effect doesn't mean it happened instantly. DURR.

They were after all unemployed

Can you even read? Or understand?

to provide extended unemployment benefits through December 31

Not all of the unemployed had exhausted their benefits before the "stimulus" was passed.

Keep trying!

Yep all took effect well before June 2009!

Taking effect doesn't mean it happened instantly. DURR.

They were after all unemployed

Can you even read? Or understand?

to provide extended unemployment benefits through December 31

Not all of the unemployed had exhausted their benefits before the "stimulus" was passed.

Keep trying!
Yeah dude no shit that benefit went until December. The point is that those programs started immediately after the law was passed. Hell there were programs in effect i didn’t even list there. That was enough by to reverse the recession within months. Hell this isn’t my opinion. Your own link points out how economists wildly believe it was instrumental in reversing the recession. I bet you’re feeling stupid now!

Again, come up with your own facts to counter or shut up. 🤐

Yep we are done here.

Yeah dude no shit that benefit went until December. The point is that those programs started immediately after the law was passed. Hell there were programs in effect i didn’t even list there. That was enough by to reverse the recession within months. Hell this isn’t my opinion. Your own link points out how economists wildly believe it was instrumental in reversing the recession. I bet you’re feeling stupid now!

Again, come up with your own facts to counter or shut up. 🤐

Yep we are done here.

Yeah dude no shit that benefit went until December. The point is that those programs started immediately after the law was passed.

Someone with benefits running out in July doesn't benefit from the extension before June.

Hell there were programs in effect i didn’t even list there

I know. There was a bunch of wasteful spending there.
Not a lot that was actually spent before June.

That was enough by to reverse the recession within months.

Promised spending after June didn't do anything before June.

Keep trying!

Yeah dude no shit that benefit went until December. The point is that those programs started immediately after the law was passed.

Someone with benefits running out in July doesn't benefit from the extension before June.

Hell there were programs in effect i didn’t even list there

I know. There was a bunch of wasteful spending there.
Not a lot that was actually spent before June.

That was enough by to reverse the recession within months.

Promised spending after June didn't do anything before June.

Keep trying!
lol you can pretend all you want there was no spending before June but you’re just desperately making shit up.

If you take Obama, and if you take American history on recovering from a recession, Obama's was sluggish. Before you start crying, it's history and fact, the numbers are compared. So theoretically, the economy could have recovered quicker if Obama wasn't there to interfere, and you claim things are rosey under a Democrat president?

Were you dropped at birth?
Not all Republican Recessions are the same
Now Republicans are complaining…..You did not fix our Recession fast enough

There was absolutely some spending before June 2009.
The question is, was it the reason we went from recession to not-recession, as you claimed?
Already explained that but I will again to rub it in your face: demand side economics. Consumer spending represents 70% of the economy. Boosting it creates jobs and boosts GDP.

Already explained that but I will again to rub it in your face: demand side economics. Consumer spending represents 70% of the economy. Boosting it creates jobs and boosts GDP.
The problem, as I see it, is that, like our current failed government, consumers are having to borrow to spend. Folks are putting food on credit cards. That's a disaster.

Last edited:
Hmmm, seems to me a certain Republican named RONALD REAGAN presided over one of the greatest peacetime economies in the 1980s after his inept DEMOCRAP predecessor, Jimmah Cahtah screwed the pooch and sent the US into a tailspin. So the Left's claim that Democrats are superior in any fucking way is absolute bullshit., Eh Billy Zipperhead?

Hmmm, seems to me a certain Republican named RONALD REAGAN presided over one of the greatest peacetime economies in the 1980s after his inept DEMOCRAP predecessor, Jimmah Cahtah screwed the pooch and sent the US into a tailspin. So the Left's claim that Democrats are superior in any fucking way is absolute bullshit., Eh Billy Zipperhead?
Nah Obama has Reagan beat on job growth. In fact, the economy does better under democrat presidents on average.

Yup, $25 more a week for unemployment was the difference between recession and recovery.

DURR

Yeah, Obama's weakest ever recovery was better than the Reagan boom.

You silly twat.
The rate of the recovery was perfectly fine. 100,000s of new jobs per month is obviously not slow. The Bush recession simply created a huge pool of people unemployed

Forum List

Back