Obama 2014: Crime and Poverty Does Not Justify Asylum

What's laughable if not funny is that Obama was willing to tackle immigration in a way short of Trump's absolute cut off but Republicans just sat on any proposals just like they are doing today. The house has passed some 50 bills that are sitting in the Senate because McConnell wont address them. So stuff a sock in it, weather. Republican playbook is to create a situation, then complain about it while stupid people swallow the scam whole and the immigration bottleneck is a major example. Problem is that the whole world is watching the vast difference between what we say and what we do in this issue, and I think most of our friends have simply unplugged the trust-o-meter as non-working these days.
Which bills did the House pass that will help resolve the immigration crisis? Please tell us so we too may push the Senate to act.

I’ll wait here for your list of Bills.

View attachment 269617
The 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill that started out with an ID card would have ended this GOP scam forever. But of course that would be communism.
2010? That’d be a Republican Congress, Sherlock.

I’m not talking history, what have Democrat’s done?
As I said the GOP has blocked everything for 50 years really. Except Obamacare when the Democrats finally had 60 votes to beat the GOP garbage filibuster law. on the other hand the garbage GOP reconciliation law means that the GOP only need 51 votes to cut taxes on the rich and opportunity and services for everyone else. What a GOP scam. And why democrats should use the nuclear option forever now. People will be able to see what each party actually wants...
and by the way Obamacare is the best thing that ever happened for the people earning less than $50,000 a year. Especially under $1,400 a month... If the Republicans would stop trying to screw everybody and went after medical costs we could actually have a good system.

What's laughable if not funny is that Obama was willing to tackle immigration in a way short of Trump's absolute cut off but Republicans just sat on any proposals just like they are doing today. The house has passed some 50 bills that are sitting in the Senate because McConnell wont address them. So stuff a sock in it, weather. Republican playbook is to create a situation, then complain about it while stupid people swallow the scam whole and the immigration bottleneck is a major example. Problem is that the whole world is watching the vast difference between what we say and what we do in this issue, and I think most of our friends have simply unplugged the trust-o-meter as non-working these days.
Which bills did the House pass that will help resolve the immigration crisis? Please tell us so we too may push the Senate to act.

View attachment 269617
The 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill that started out with an ID card would have ended this GOP scam forever. But of course that would be communism.

As I said the GOP has blocked everything for 50 years really. Except Obamacare when the Democrats finally had 60 votes to beat the GOP garbage filibuster law. on the other hand the garbage GOP reconciliation law means that the GOP only need 51 votes to cut taxes on the rich and opportunity and services for everyone else. What a GOP scam. And why democrats should use the nuclear option forever now. People will be able to see what each party actually wants...
You just said the GOP passed a bill in 2010 that should have been signed.

That’s putting the ball in the 2010 Dem controlled Senate and White House, Dufus.

Want to keep playing?

View attachment 269617

and by the way Obamacare is the best thing that ever happened for the people earning less than $50,000 a year. Especially under $1,400 a month... If the Republicans would stop trying to screw everybody and went after medical costs we could actually have a good system.
Nobody is going to stop Democrats on running to bring back Hopeycare, especially Trump

View attachment 269617

Well Trump will be reelected for sure if the Dems continue their call to totally decriminalize illegal immigration, and NOT just by saying "if you have a kid, you can stay and raise it with public education and schips, if you make little enough to qualify, but NOW the dems go even "better" and say the adults here illegally should get "free" healthcare …. that is paid for by debt or taxes on people legally here.

I hate to have any agreement with Tom Friedman but his op ed in the NYT today says just that … the dems are going to reelect a racist misogynist self proclaimed sexual assaulter reelected by decriminalizing illegal immigration and trying to get rid of the healthcare of 250 million americans with jobs

i'm not joking around!

despite his anti-racist education at law school, Obama embraced neoliberal policies that accomodated white supremacists!

Obama distanced himself from critics of white racism in order to win white voters!

just ask my brother Cornel West!

He is right. Asylum is a high bar. I have no problem with that. What you lot don't seem to comprehend is that seeking asylum is a legal right ib this country. Doesnt mean you will get it or should get it, but you have a right to seek it.

That is the part Trumpists fail to understand.
Granting asylum is conducted at the pleasure of the United States Government. If Trump wished he could simply say there will be no asylum granted, much like what FDR did to Jews fleeing Germany.

He is right. Asylum is a high bar. I have no problem with that. What you lot don't seem to comprehend is that seeking asylum is a legal right ib this country. Doesnt mean you will get it or should get it, but you have a right to seek it.

Granting asylum is conducted at the pleasure of the United States Government. If Trump wished he could simply say there will be no asylum granted, much like what FDR did to Jews fleeing Germany.
Asylum is a law, not a pleasure. Should you want to turn it into sonething arbritary, like pardons, get Congress to change the law.

In fact the law was created specifically because we, a nation at the time that was as xenophobic as we are becoming now, turned Jews away from our shores and sent them back to die in Europe. There was no asylum law when FDR turned them away.

Asylum is a law, not a pleasure. Should you want to turn it into sonething arbritary, like pardons, get Congress to change the law.

In fact the law was created specifically because we, a nation at the time that was as xenophobic as we are becoming now, turned Jews away from our shores and sent them back to die in Europe. There was no asylum law when FDR turned them away.
FDR ordered them to turn back. He ignored the advise and input from his Ambassador who tried to warn Stalins sock puppet about Germany under the Nazis

And in the end we went to war.
Perhaps a like response is required if things South of the Border are truly so horrendous.

View attachment 269617

Well Trump will be reelected for sure if the Dems continue their call to totally decriminalize illegal immigration, and NOT just by saying "if you have a kid, you can stay and raise it with public education and schips, if you make little enough to qualify, but NOW the dems go even "better" and say the adults here illegally should get "free" healthcare …. that is paid for by debt or taxes on people legally here.

I hate to have any agreement with Tom Friedman but his op ed in the NYT today says just that … the dems are going to reelect a racist misogynist self proclaimed sexual assaulter reelected by decriminalizing illegal immigration and trying to get rid of the healthcare of 250 million americans with jobs
Bendog, what IS the Dem proposals on immigration? I know there IS one, but we are so busy biting our knuckles over the latest tweet that I have no idea what's up. All I know is that the Republican mantra of 'open borders' screeched by Republicans enmasse is not true. But neither do I know in depth what the proposal from Feinstein and rejected by Trump after being accepted by Trump laid out. Do you?

we banned immigrants from many nations we see as a threat to our security.

View attachment 269617

Bendog, what IS the Dem proposals on immigration? I know there IS one, but we are so busy biting our knuckles over the latest tweet that I have no idea what's up. All I know is that the Republican mantra of 'open borders' screeched by Republicans enmasse is not true. But neither do I know in depth what the proposal from Feinstein and rejected by Trump after being accepted by Trump laid out. Do you?
Dem proposals on immigration is open borders and eliminate ICE.

Dem proposals on immigration is open borders and eliminate ICE.

Yes, they need the non-living and Illegals to stay competitive

Doesn't the Law say otherwise? So are you all once again, telling trump that he is above the Law and above Congress who writes the Law according to the Constitution, and the previous President who signed the Law?

And in the end we went to war.
Perhaps a like response is required if things South of the Border are truly so horrendous.
:rofl::rofl:

NO!!!!!

Forum List

Back