NYC Mayor implements new plan to take back the Subway system

If you gauge the entry angle just right, maybe it will break apart into two pieces sending one part to each city! :happy-1:

Best of all, the resulting fallout and cloud of smoke would all drift out over the water and head straight for Europe!

200.gif

H
Eric Adams’ NYC subway safety crackdown in effect starting today

The problem is there is ZERO mechanism to force the mentally ill or the druggies to either stay in treatment, or even stay in the shelter system. You try to help them, they refuse, and back into the trains and stations they go.

They also got used to being left alone during COVID while the system was empty. Now people are back and they don't want to share their spaces, hence the uptick in assaults on passengers

Progressives measure programs like helping the homeless and helping drug addicts by how much money they spend, not on any actual measurable metric. It keeps the spigot open, the civil servants and the charity/advocacy people employed, and allows them to say they are "doing something" when nothing actually changes.
Have you ever tried living in shelters? They're shitty. If you don't want to ride next to a homeless person for 5 minutes, what makes you think they want to sleep next to those same people every night? It isn't tenable for the long term.

H

Have you ever tried living in shelters? They're shitty. If you don't want to ride next to a homeless person for 5 minutes, what makes you think they want to sleep next to those same people every night? It isn't tenable for the long term.

Beggars (literally) can't be choosers. We spends billions of dollars on this shit and get nothing in return.

If you can't take care of yourself, you don't get a say in how the government is going to help you. If they won't stay in shelters, more aggressive methods are neeeded.

It's not just spending 30 minutes (who's commute is 5 minutes) it's that due to lax policies they are far more aggressive than they used to be.

I saw a guy feint moving towards a woman on a platform while a subway train was coming into the station, the laugh as he was walking away.

H

The shitty status or condition of homeless shelters is not the problem nor concern for metro transit systems. Transit stations, trains and busses are not homeless shelters for sleeping and occupying.

Every person has the right to use the facilities and transit services but do not have the right to set up residence or occupy space for long periods of time. That is not tenable.

Beggars (literally) can't be choosers. We spends billions of dollars on this shit and get nothing in return.

If you can't take care of yourself, you don't get a say in how the government is going to help you. If they won't stay in shelters, more aggressive methods are neeeded.

It's not just spending 30 minutes (who's commute is 5 minutes) it's that due to lax policies they are far more aggressive than they used to be.

I saw a guy feint moving towards a woman on a platform while a subway train was coming into the station, the laugh as he was walking away.
Well clearly they can be choosers or they wouldn't be there lol. Nah, you don't spend shit. I was homeless for a while so I know. Ain't no fuckin resources like that. The closest shelters to me were miles away and then they only let you stay in for certain hours. They have limited capacity, so sometimes you show up halfway across town just for them to tell you they're full. I can't do it everyday, much easier to just sleep in one spot, where logistics are much more feasible.

Nah, you want to get them off the street, you gotta come out of pocket or it's no deal. I don't know what you mean by aggressive policies, but fundamentally, I'm no communist and believe in freedom. If I was still homeless and someone tried to use force to remove me, I'm using force; I'm shootin'. You should be able to live wherever so as long as it's public. But, I think Portland has done that, bit it hasn't worked, so you have no solution after all. There's nothing you can do muhahaha. Pay up or shut up.

The shitty status or condition of homeless shelters is not the problem nor concern for metro transit systems. Transit stations, trains and busses are not homeless shelters for sleeping and occupying.

Every person has the right to use the facilities and transit services but do not have the right to set up residence or occupy space for long periods of time. That is not tenable.
Yes they are, because homeless are living there. Sleeping on train is ok, particularly if you don't give them a better place.

Well clearly they can be choosers or they wouldn't be there lol. Nah, you don't spend shit. I was homeless for a while so I know. Ain't no fuckin resources like that. The closest shelters to me were miles away and then they only let you stay in for certain hours. They have limited capacity, so sometimes you show up halfway across town just for them to tell you they're full. I can't do it everyday, much easier to just sleep in one spot, where logistics are much more feasible.

Nah, you want to get them off the street, you gotta come out of pocket or it's no deal. I don't know what you mean by aggressive policies, but fundamentally, I'm no communist and believe in freedom. If I was still homeless and someone tried to use force to remove me, I'm using force; I'm shootin'. You should be able to live wherever so as long as it's public. But, I think Portland has done that, bit it hasn't worked, so you have no solution after all. There's nothing you can do muhahaha. Pay up or shut up.

Boo. Fucking. Hoo. Sorry but if you can't fucking take care of yourself you don't get a say in living your life the way you want to, especially if it fucks over people who can.

You weren't homeless, you were a fucking criminal.

h

Boo. Fucking. Hoo. Sorry but if you can't fucking take care of yourself you don't get a say in living your life the way you want to, especially if it fucks over people who can.

You weren't homeless, you were a fucking criminal.

h
You can say that but you still have to smell urine on your commute every day bwahaha. We win, you lose. Enjoy ya communist pig.

Bullshit. Why a train? Further, what are you comparing a homeless shelter to, a Ritz?
What are you comparing a Subway to? The Ritz? Beggars can't be choosers. If you can't create your own subway system, you're going to have to take what you can get.

What are you comparing a Subway to? The Ritz? Beggars can't be choosers. If you can't create your own subway system, you're going to have to take what you can get.
Transit systems are built for public transportation, not housing. Homeless shelters are built for housing and providing shelter to the homeless.

Transit systems are built for public transportation, not housing. Homeless shelters are built for housing and providing shelter to the homeless.
Who says? If you aren't bothering anyone, I don't see the problem. Sleeping in an alley isn't comfortable.

Eric Adams’ NYC subway safety crackdown in effect starting today

The problem is there is ZERO mechanism to force the mentally ill or the druggies to either stay in treatment, or even stay in the shelter system. You try to help them, they refuse, and back into the trains and stations they go.

They also got used to being left alone during COVID while the system was empty. Now people are back and they don't want to share their spaces, hence the uptick in assaults on passengers

Progressives measure programs like helping the homeless and helping drug addicts by how much money they spend, not on any actual measurable metric. It keeps the spigot open, the civil servants and the charity/advocacy people employed, and allows them to say they are "doing something" when nothing actually changes.
/----/ I've lived and worked in NYC since 1971. It breaks my heart to see how far it has sunk. Rudy Guliani saved it once and revitalized it, but he's too old and the democRATs would crucify him if he dared run.

Who says? If you aren't bothering anyone, I don't see the problem. Sleeping in an alley isn't comfortable.
/----/ Do you live or work in NYC and ride the subway? If you did, you wouldn't say something so out of touch and idiotic. One or two vagrants who haven't bathed in months take over a subway car and sleep. The stench drives everyone else into overcrowded cars. The TA workers won't do anything about it, and the cops aren't allowed.
1651695154878.png

/----/ Do you live or work in NYC and ride the subway? If you did, you wouldn't say something so out of touch and idiotic. One or two vagrants who haven't bathed in months take over a subway car and sleep. The stench drives everyone else into overcrowded cars. The TA workers won't do anything about it, and the cops aren't allowed.
View attachment 640478
I live in the third most populous city in the world; the picture you posited is complete bullshit. The train never looks like that, just a few sleeping on the train here and there. I don't give a shit about them taking up a couple of spots here and there, it's supposed to be a free country, not North Korea. You're too stupid to understand that they wouldn't be there if they had better places to be. When I was homeless, I had fucking racist white Karens calling the cops on me for sleeping in a public park after 12am when literally no one was there. We don't want to be on a crowded train where there is no privacy, but it is one of the few options because it is neutral territory. If it's that or sleeping in a fucking alley, nah, fuck you I'm sleeping on the train. They won't give him a place to stay, it may as well be next to you on your commute. Fundamentally, you gotta come up out of those pockets, you know what I mean? These Conservatives and Libs don't wanna spend money to house them, hey, good, you should in fact be punished until the problem is addressed.

I live in the third most populous city in the world; the picture you posited is complete bullshit. The train never looks like that, just a few sleeping on the train here and there. I don't give a shit about them taking up a couple of spots here and there, it's supposed to be a free country, not North Korea. You're too stupid to understand that they wouldn't be there if they had better places to be. When I was homeless, I had fucking racist white Karens calling the cops on me for sleeping in a public park after 12am when literally no one was there. We don't want to be on a crowded train where there is no privacy, but it is one of the few options because it is neutral territory. If it's that or sleeping in a fucking alley, nah, fuck you I'm sleeping on the train. They won't give him a place to stay, it may as well be next to you on your commute. Fundamentally, you gotta come up out of those pockets, you know what I mean? These Conservatives and Libs don't wanna spend money to house them, hey, good, you should in fact be punished until the problem is addressed.
/----/ Of course you deny the photo is real. It's what your kind ( liberals) do. I've witnessed it and you trying to sweep it under the rug is laughable. Now deny these are real.

Forum List

Back