NY Gov. Proposed 1 Billion in School Cuts.

Ive never really been a big believer that money fixes everything. People want to keep throwing money at the school system to make it better. but what it needs isnt more money. Maybe NY will start seeing some results now.

agreed we need to redo our education system. Seperate out the students by ability and drive. let the good ones progress as fast as they can, some will not need 12 years to prepare for college. Some will need the full 12 years.
I agree.

If they managed the education system better, they could extend education through the undergraduate level as a baseline.

I have a daughter that was knocked out of Valedictorian status because the school district lumps together all students in the same grade. This means they included student that were in remedial classes, students that were in what we used to term 'reform' school.

The curriculum for these classes are at the 8th grade level and easy for these students. So they score high. My daughter was in accelerated classes all through high school, took the hardest classes and managed to earn a 4.0.

Because of this mismanagement, she lost out on a number of grants that are associated with Valedictorian status.

The students see this and realize that it isn't worth the effort when they don't get rewarded for the hard work.

Forum List

Back