Nunes sues Twitter, some users, seeks over $250M alleging anti-conservative 'shadow bans,' smears

A frivolous lawsuit which only purpose is to serve red meat to the base. Don’t be shocked when this gets laughed out of court.

Someone he’s suing an account on Twitter for attacking his character, honesty, integrity, ethics and fitness to perform his duties as a United States Congressman. What a gigantic pussy! :lol:

And it begins. I predict this will be just the first of a flood of lawsuits against these internet media companies. They brought it on themselves.

California GOP Rep. Devin Nunes filed a major lawsuit seeking $250 million in compensatory damages and $350,000 in punitive damages against Twitter and a handful of its users on Monday, accusing the social media site of "shadow-banning conservatives" including himself to influence the 2018 elections, systematically censoring opposing viewpoints and totally "ignoring" lawful complaints of repeated abusive behavior.

In a complaint filed in Virginia state court on Monday, obtained by Fox News, Nunes said Twitter was guilty of "knowingly hosting and monetizing content that is clearly abusive, hateful and defamatory – providing both a voice and financial incentive to the defamers – thereby facilitating defamation on its platform."

Although federal law ordinarily exempts services like Twitter from defamation liability, Nunes' suit said the platform has taken such an active role in curating and banning content that it should face liability like any other organization that defames.

"Twitter created and developed the content at issue in this case by transforming false accusations of criminal conduct, imputed wrongdoing, dishonesty and lack of integrity into a publicly available commodity used by unscrupulous political operatives and their donor/clients as a weapon," Nunes' legal team wrote. "Twitter is 'responsible' for the development of offensive content on its platform because it in some way specifically encourages development of what is offensive about the content."
This is hilarious! Nunes doesn’t like a Twitter account comparing him to a cow so he sues for $250 million?! He is no longer allowed to use the term snowflake :) what a joke!
The best thing is how those Twitter accounts are doubling their followers over this. THere's some pretty funny stuff.

Instead of pussy-aching to the courts, why doesn’t Congressman Nunes help create a rival social media site? It should do quite well since conservatives are treated oh so dreadfully by Twitter and Facebook. It should make a mint.

Is this a coordinated effort by the Repubs to stifle free speech?

First Trump threatens SNL and now this.

Seems the Repubs are playing their cards for 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And it begins. I predict this will be just the first of a flood of lawsuits against these internet media companies. They brought it on themselves.

California GOP Rep. Devin Nunes filed a major lawsuit seeking $250 million in compensatory damages and $350,000 in punitive damages against Twitter and a handful of its users on Monday, accusing the social media site of "shadow-banning conservatives" including himself to influence the 2018 elections, systematically censoring opposing viewpoints and totally "ignoring" lawful complaints of repeated abusive behavior.

In a complaint filed in Virginia state court on Monday, obtained by Fox News, Nunes said Twitter was guilty of "knowingly hosting and monetizing content that is clearly abusive, hateful and defamatory – providing both a voice and financial incentive to the defamers – thereby facilitating defamation on its platform."

Although federal law ordinarily exempts services like Twitter from defamation liability, Nunes' suit said the platform has taken such an active role in curating and banning content that it should face liability like any other organization that defames.

"Twitter created and developed the content at issue in this case by transforming false accusations of criminal conduct, imputed wrongdoing, dishonesty and lack of integrity into a publicly available commodity used by unscrupulous political operatives and their donor/clients as a weapon," Nunes' legal team wrote. "Twitter is 'responsible' for the development of offensive content on its platform because it in some way specifically encourages development of what is offensive about the content."
This is hilarious! Nunes doesn’t like a Twitter account comparing him to a cow so he sues for $250 million?! He is no longer allowed to use the term snowflake :) what a joke!
The best thing is how those Twitter accounts are doubling their followers over this. THere's some pretty funny stuff.
I head the cow account went from 1k to 200k followers... that’s utterly amoooozing!

A frivolous lawsuit which only purpose is to serve red meat to the base. Don’t be shocked when this gets laughed out of court.

It also serves the purpose of identifying the big government statist

You're constantly defending the big government statists. That's an easy way to identify them.

Now you have to lie about me to cover for your statist tendencies.

How typical

Ahhh the Grand Snowflake spreads and shows the world his Crystals!

HFS BM! He wants to force an independent media company to air opposing viewpoints?

The Snowflakes have come home to melt, all over Ronnies Grave!

Hahahahahahahaha.

You can't sue anybody for not letting you post to their forum. It's no different than USMB who removes posts or kills them.

Twitter is a private company and has plenty of competition, so it's not really a monopoly. They can allow or disallow anybody they desire for any reason they desire. This suit will be a complete waste of money for them.

The National Enquire is a private company as well, but that isn't stopping democrats from tying to go after Pecker for buying stories to not publish.

I'm not familiar with the case. But I do know the Enquirer and they are not social media. Nobody has a right to participate on Twitter like nobody has a right to participate in USMB. I've even heard of YouTube (now owned by Google) doing similar things.
I believe it has to do with opportunity. everyone must have equal opportunity. and social media doesn't get to delete someone's post over someone elses because they said so. They are not a journalistic licensed company. and that is the reason for the lawsuit. They must declare who they are and pay the correct license.

No, because Twitter is a private company and they can do with their forum as they please. If somebody doesn't like what they do there, they simply don't participate anymore. If you go to a movie theater and they only play left-wing kind of movies and nothing conservative, you can't sue them because of that. It's their theater and they can play any movies they want.

Twitter can actually make a rule that they don't allow any conservative posts on their site, and if you keep posting them, they kick you out.

Anyone notice that this action by Nunes coincided with more Trump tweets threatening FaceBook this time?

Seems this the GOP strategy for 2020, attack the 1st amendment

Anyone notice that this action by Nunes coincided with more Trump tweets threatening FaceBook this time?

It's not like the Democrats think any differently. Not long ago they were talking about re-instituting the Fairness Doctrine. Recently the DNC forbade Fox from hosting any of the Democrat primaries.

Poor titty baby Nunes. He's going to get his nuts crushed in court.

These totalitarian fascists like Nunes and Trump can't stand anyone making fun of them.

]
falwell-first-time.jpg

It's not like the Democrats think any differently. Not long ago they were talking about re-instituting the Fairness Doctrine. Recently the DNC forbade Fox from hosting any of the Democrat primaries.

The Fairness Doctrine only applied to stations who broadcast across public airwaves and never covered other forms of media like newspapers and magazines. Just Radio and Television. It died before the Internet. It made sense at the time. With the West's eclectic options for news, it no longer does.

Case gets thrown out.

For once I agree with you, the Dems are no better. yet so many people will vote for one or the other because it is somehow "less evil".

The problem is they can’t tell the difference between right wing terrorist’s and Republicans. Because the rhetoric is the same.

For once I agree with you, the Dems are no better. yet so many people will vote for one or the other because it is somehow "less evil".
Dims are 1000 times worse. They are utterly unscrupulous.

Dims are 1000 times worse. They are utterly unscrupulous.

both sides are utterly unscrupulous, both sides put their party before the country. both sides do not give a fuck about you or me.

I challenge anyone to state a claim made by lickspittle Nunes about the cow's posts on Twitter which Donald Trump is not guilty of doing the same thing.

Ridicule?

Defaming?

False accusations?

Try it.

How DOES Nunes stand the stench of his own hypocrisy?

Forum List

Back