Nun gives birth to boy

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
A Salvadoran nun who said she had no idea she was pregnant gave birth in Italy this week after she felt stomach cramps in her convent and was rushed to hospital, Italian media reported on Friday.

Video at the link.

I wonder how this news was received by the church. I also wonder how often this has happened in the past and just kept quiet.
nun%20surprised-1.jpg

A Salvadoran nun who said she had no idea she was pregnant gave birth in Italy this week after she felt stomach cramps in her convent and was rushed to hospital, Italian media reported on Friday.

Video at the link.

I wonder how this news was received by the church. I also wonder how often this has happened in the past and just kept quiet.
nun%20surprised-1.jpg

Giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she was drugged and raped? Would have no memory of it in all likelyhood.

Not like Catholic clergy have always been celibate. Isn't Scripturally ordained and only came about by Papal decree. It's said that at least 5% of Catholic priests are in fact married and/or have children.

Video at the link.

nun%20surprised-1.jpg

Yes, you do do a lot of wondering don't you? A nun got pregnant, therefore what?, God is a phony?

You are on a sad mission that leads to no gain. Except to maybe hedge your bet in case you are wrong --- by trying to convince yourself there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Video at the link.

nun%20surprised-1.jpg

Yes, you do do a lot of wondering don't you? A nun got pregnant, therefore what?, God is a phony?

You are on a sad mission that leads to no gain. Except to maybe hedge your bet in case you are wrong --- by trying to convince yourself there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Lemme guess ...

catholic, right?

:rolleyes:

Video at the link.

nun%20surprised-1.jpg

Lemme guess ...

catholic, right?

:rolleyes:

I will wait for a cogent response. Even though none is expected.

I wonder how often this has happened in the past and just kept quiet.

A lot and worse is what they do about it when it's a priests child.
True story I would never and could ever make something like this up, but my Zada found skeletal remains of babies burried in the basement between the seminary and nunery back in Philly when working there.
That's how he ended up working part time at the morgue after his helping them.
The investigation found these to be the disposed children of the priests who pregnated the Nuns. So keeping up an image will make groups do some sick stuff outside their oen morality guidelines which is the same problem when making and keeping the image of Jesus and Mohammed, and why they killed so many people to maintain that image.

Local bishop Delio Lucarelli said Sister Roxana would have to leave the Little Disciples of Jesus convent where she has lived at Campomoro, near Rieti. The head of the convent, Sister Erminia Pusceddu, said: "She did not know how to resist temptation."
... She did not know how to resist temptation.

and the " church " has a policy of condemning abortion ... how about their own covenants ?

Too many times to even count, I'm sure. My dad was a conductor on a passenger train, and the nuns that rode the train were no saints. Loose, I think, is the appropriate term.

I wonder if she was "date raped" or if she is so naive, she had no idea a penis in a vagina without a rubber can cause pregnancy.

Actually, I don't know why nuns can't be nuns AND be married too. That goes for priests as well. Why can't they love God and still love another human being and be married and pro create all at the same time? Isn't that why God made Man and Woman? And PLEASE....don't turn this into a gay debate.

Actually, I don't know why nuns can't be nuns AND be married too. That goes for priests as well. Why can't they love God and still love another human being and be married and pro create all at the same time? Isn't that why God made Man and Woman? And PLEASE....don't turn this into a gay debate.

There really isn't. But it's not my Church so who am I to tell them they can't worship their way?

There really isn't. But it's not my Church so who am I to tell them they can't worship their way?
I'm not telling them what they can and cannot do. I am asking why they can't. It isn't in the bible is it, that priests and nuns be married to God and only the church? Would solve a lot of lust problems.

The 'Why can't they?' answer is: pure tradition and top-down authority in the Roman Church. There is no logical or scriptural reason, just as there is none for the Pope. The R.C. Church is sui generis.

Forum List

Back