Nuclear Options Regarding Ukraine (Poll)

What responses do you support for Putin's possible action?

• Putin uses a "tactical nuke" on the Uke army in east Ukraine. NATO Action: No new response

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Putin uses a "tactical nuke" on the Uke army... Action: NATO uses tactical nuke on Russian troops

• Putin uses nuclear weapon on Kyiv. NATO action no new response

• Putin uses nuclear weapon on Kyiv. Action: NATO gives nuclear weapons to Ukraine

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Seriously.
WTF is with everyone and this nuclear shit.
Bunch of hyperventilating based on pure speculation and a desire to drag America into another quagmire.
I swear, some idiots seem to be wishing for it.
He'd probably hit a Eu target. Too much time crossing the pond,unless fired from Rusky boomer, 200 miles of the DC coast.
I'm convinced that it is exactly because of that disaster that Putin just MIGHT think he can get away with a low-yield weapon to shock the world into backing off from their actions against Russia. In reality, it will make them pariahs forever.
Xi could well come for Taiwan for the same reason. There is no leader in the Oval Office. Oh, they both know the Tan Messiah is pulling the strings but they probably understand that he's a gutless POS and will NOT answer their atrocities.

I think we are as close to the use of nukes as we've been since the Cuban missile crisis. Putin lost a flagship of the fleet, named for Moscow, no less and he is going to want revenge.
I could see Putin popping one off over the Black Sea as a demonstration of intent. Hitting a EU target would bring us into the conflict.

But if they do invade Finland or Sweden, all hell will probably break loose
He's already leading the most sanctioned nation on the planet. He may feel there is nothing left to lose. IF he invades a NATO country then we will either go to war with Russia or NATO ceases to exist. IF we go to war with Russia he WILL resort to nukes because he cannot prevail against a NATO force.

Foolish thread.
Russia is in this war in the Ukraine only because Zelensky constantly tried to violate treaties, join NATO, and put nukes on Russia's border.
And the claim that Putin wanted to colonize the Ukraine in to a Russian empire would be proven totally wrong if nukes were used.
Because a radioactive Ukraine would be useless to Russia as an imperial colony.

I'm convinced that it is exactly because of that disaster that Putin just MIGHT think he can get away with a low-yield weapon to shock the world into backing off from their actions against Russia. In reality, it will make them pariahs forever.
Xi could well come for Taiwan for the same reason. There is no leader in the Oval Office. Oh, they both know the Tan Messiah is pulling the strings but they probably understand that he's a gutless POS and will NOT answer their atrocities.

I think we are as close to the use of nukes as we've been since the Cuban missile crisis. Putin lost a flagship of the fleet, named for Moscow, no less and he is going to want revenge.
We wouldn't have this thread if that disaster wasn't scammed in. He is more dangerous to me

Your "indications" are a lot different than what I'm seeing. I'm seeing Russia pull out of north Ukraine and from around Kyiv, and are only in the south and east. If you think Putin is happy with the war progress, then there is no issue, no nuclear worries.
He may just be bowing to the reality that he bit off more than his military can handle for now. They can probably consolidate control of the east and south enough to have a land bridge to Crimea but if NATO continues to support Ukraine with weapons and intel, it will be a long, slow blood sponge for his troops and I don't know how long he can survive that. Once his personal survival is at stake, I don't think there is ANYTHING off the table.

Why create a nuclear wasteland? What purpose would that serve?
He publicly changed Russia's nuclear use doctrine a couple of decades ago. He went on a modernization binge and they now have about a 10:1 advantage in new, low-yield nukes. The idea is to grab territory and before NATO can bring forces to bear against him and push him back out, he detonates a couple of 5-10 KT devices in a location that will harm NATO but leave them with the choice of freezing the conflict in place OR running the risk of total nuclear war. A device of that size used as an airburst would not leave a nuclear wasteland. He strikes me as the kind who would be willing to take that chance to save himself.

but they'd probably deny that it was a nuclear weapon they used. We do have satellites with sensors that tell us if a nuke goes off anywhere in the world.
THIS^ is where the distrust of media and government has brought the world. People today have no trustworthy sources of info and in that situation, deciding to risk nuclear war when half or more of the world is denying Putin did anything wrong could easily lead to his tactic succeeding. Suddenly, all those lies and propaganda that were used to remove the outsider who barged into DC in 2016, seem like not such a good idea, after all.

Not true.
It has been a well established and celebrated fact there are NO nuclear weapons near the Baltic Sea.

Didn't get the memo, Dude?

Russia tries to scare Finland and Sweden away from NATO by threatening to deploy nukes in the Baltics, which it's already done​

Lithuanian Defence Minister Arvydas Anusauskas responded by saying the Russian threat is "quite strange" given Russia currently has nuclear weapons in Kaliningrad, a Russian exclave on the Baltic sea, per Reuters. Kaliningrad is located between Lithuania and Poland, both NATO members.
Russia tries to scare Finland and Sweden away from NATO by threatening to deploy nukes in the Baltics, which it's already done

You can bet our people have war gamed this out and the response would be overwhelming and devastating.
And then? If Putin rolls the dice and NATO/US decide to use one of their own?

Here is why I believe Putin will not use a bomb and the reactor instead is because he can blame the Neo-Nazi’s he claims he is trying to rid the Ukraine from.

Using the reactor give him a way out and the World can only do so much or say so much.

I truly do not believe Putin is stupid enough to use a nuclear device like a warhead because the signature of the device and it refinement would be easily traced…

Putin has to use propaganda that will cover his ass and the Nuclear reactor theory is more logical.

Finland is pissing him off, and they will taunt him into a war that will cost Putin dearly…

Forum List

Back