Nuclear Options Regarding Ukraine (Poll)

What responses do you support for Putin's possible action?

• Putin uses a "tactical nuke" on the Uke army in east Ukraine. NATO Action: No new response

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Putin uses a "tactical nuke" on the Uke army... Action: NATO uses tactical nuke on Russian troops

• Putin uses nuclear weapon on Kyiv. NATO action no new response

• Putin uses nuclear weapon on Kyiv. Action: NATO gives nuclear weapons to Ukraine

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
The War in Ukraine is not going well for Putin. The question is, how desperate will Putin get to stay in power or defeat Ukraine? We know he will brutalize Ukrainian civilians with bombs, tanks, artillery, and missiles. But that won't stop Ukrainians from defending their homeland. So what other options will Putin consider? Nuclear weapons?

This OP is looking at the options Putin may be considering, and trying to put up a response or deterrence for the most serious.
Can NATO put up credible threats that would prevent Putin from using his nuclear weapons?

So "what if" Putin does "this", can NATO commit to doing "that"?
What responses do you support?
Are there better responses?

The War in Ukraine is not going well for Putin. The question is, how desperate will Putin get to stay in power or defeat Ukraine? We know he will brutalize Ukrainian civilians with bombs, tanks, artillery, and missiles. But that won't stop Ukrainians from defending their homeland. So what other options will Putin consider? Nuclear weapons?

This OP is looking at the options Putin may be considering, and trying to put up a response or deterrence for the most serious.
Can NATO put up credible threats that would prevent Putin from using his nuclear weapons?

I'm more worried about this complete fucking disaster in the WH before anyone

NATO is as useless as the UN. :iagree:

1649983787375.png

Let Europe worry about Europe.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Well, if he starts losing ships, like he has lost the Moskva, all bets are off. Naval assets are the costliest assets to lose, its tough losing aircraft, just ask the Soviet Union about that, however the Soviets didn't lose a single ship to the Taliban, currently they are down by my math, at least three of them in Ukraine effort, that fucking hurts big time!

Propaganda and the nuke threat. It's deja-vu all over again. Indications are that Russia will take Ukraine and Biden will lurch around the W.H. and the U.N. will continue it's cocktail parties and NATO will remain leaderless and clueless.

I believe in May we will find out what he does when Finland and Sweden do what they are planning and my bet is he invaded Finland which will draw the E.U. in and it will ignite a global war.

I believe Putin will blow the big nuclear reactor in Ukraine which will be a bigger disaster while never using a nuke…

Well, if he starts losing ships, like he has lost the Moskva, all bets are off. Naval assets are the costliest assets to lose, its tough losing aircraft, just ask the Soviet Union about that, however the Soviets didn't lose a single ship to the Taliban, currently they are down by my math, at least three of them in Ukraine effort, that fucking hurts big time!
If he starts nuking Ukraine he's likely to get nuked himself.

NATO is as useless as the UN. :iagree:
NATO hasn't really been tested yet. Some of the NATO countries helped out in AFG. Then Xiden pulled the rug out from under them. All but 8 NATO members weren't paying the required military spending until Trump called them out. But Ukraine seemed to pull NATO together better than anything I can remember. Even Finland and Sweden want to join.

I believe in May we will find out what he does when Finland and Sweden do what they are planning and my bet is he invaded Finland which will draw the E.U. in and it will ignite a global war.

I believe Putin will blow the big nuclear reactor in Ukraine which will be a bigger disaster while never using a nuke…

Russians erroneously believe they have right to Ukraine because they already took the Donbas region and Crimea, and those areas are heavily-populated by Russian-speaking people.

I'm not sure if there are Russian-populated areas in Finland and Sweden that would give them some reason to invade them. But if they do invade Finland or Sweden, all hell will probably break loose.

Russians erroneously believe they have right to Ukraine because they already took the Donbas region and Crimea, and those areas are heavily-populated by Russian-speaking people.

I'm not sure if there are Russian-populated areas in Finland and Sweden that would give them some reason to invade them. But if they do invade Finland or Sweden, all hell will probably break loose.
Finland border and it willingness to join NATO is pissing Putin off, so he is that damn stupid to do it and will lose badly.

I believe Putin will blow the reactors in Ukraine and if he does then the World must kill him…

Totally agree. Will Putin say "oh well, se lavie"? Or will he up the ante?

Propaganda and the nuke threat. It's deja-vu all over again. Indications are that Russia will take Ukraine and Biden will lurch around the W.H. and the U.N. will continue it's cocktail parties and NATO will remain leaderless and clueless.
Your "indications" are a lot different than what I'm seeing. I'm seeing Russia pull out of north Ukraine and from around Kyiv, and are only in the south and east. If you think Putin is happy with the war progress, then there is no issue, no nuclear worries.

You really think that Putin has enough men and material for a 2-front war? Ukraine and Finland?
Putin is bringing army retirees out of retirement, and is trying to hire fighters from Syria.
Why create a nuclear wasteland? What purpose would that serve?

Describe the "shitstorm". That's the entire point of this thread.

The shitstorm would be that no country has ever used a nuclear weapon against another country, since Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Every civilized country in the world would turn against them, probably even China. Every nuclear arsenal in the world would go to its most ready condition, and things would get pretty damned tense. I can't even imagine what the repercussion to Russia would amount to, but they'd probably deny that it was a nuclear weapon they used. We do have satellites with sensors that tell us if a nuke goes off anywhere in the world.

Forum List

Back