NRA Fanatics are WRONG - Vast Majority of Americans Favor Tougher Gun Control Laws

Contrary to what the deranged NRA fanatics on this messageboard have to say, the VAST MAJORITY of Americans favor tougher gun control laws --

A 2011 New York Times/CBS News poll found that 63 percent of Americans favor a ban on high-capacity magazines; just as many supported an assault-weapons ban.

According to the poll, even a majority of gun-owning households favor a ban on assault weapons, although by a smaller margin. 54% of them favor it, and 44% oppose --

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Jan11_Econ.pdf

Also in 2011, a Washington Post/ABC News poll found that 83 percent supported financing a system in which people treated for mental illness would be reported to a federal gun registry database to prevent them from buying guns; 71 percent favored this for those treated for drug abuse.

http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1120a1 Guns and Discourse.pdf

So let me simplify this poll data for you uninformed, unsophisticated NRA simpletons -- most Americans are on MY SIDE, not yours.

All of your right-wing nutjob spinning and excuse-making isn't going to change that fact.

By and large conz are frightened to death little girls wetting their pants as I type this, scared of their shadows, so they need all the gunz they can get.

Nor are we. Yet we are not so afraid of an attack that we need to carry a gun. Why do Americans carry a gun? If it is for their protection, then that tells me that you have reason to be afraid, or else you wouldn't need the gun.

So why are Americans so afraid of their own people that they need to carry a gun to protect themselves?

because people will beat you up, rob you and kill you. It also depends on where you live. Alot of the pro gun areas actually have very little violence, mainly they are in low populated areas and are white or asian in nature. Come to Memphis.....the suburbs are fine, but go to Orange Mound or even Midtown you'll have a different "vibe"

There should still be no need to carry a gun. A heavier police pressence is needed.
faster.jpg

That's right -- none of you Repug lightweights can do anything but throw around weak-ass insults because you've got no facts, no intellect, and no game.

I'm RIGHT, you're WRONG. So you tea bagger retards just keep giving each other comforting hand jobs.

Here's some facts:

gunfail.png

I'll bet you'd shit your pants in terror if you had to qualify with the M4, wouldn't you?

You probably tinkle when you fire the M9.

But... But... But Dave, it looks so scary...
Yes, sissy bedwetters do think it's scary.

Right, KWO?

Here's another fact for the sissy bedwetter KWO:

398221117_7533ff13a7_o.png

"Assault Weapons" are rarely used in assaults

If you check out the data you will find that 25% more people were killed with blunt objects, 2 times as many were killed with "personal weapons" (hands, fists, feet, etc..) and more than 4 times as many were killed with knives or cutting instruments than with all rifle types combined, let alone the "Assault" variety.​

Nor are we. Yet we are not so afraid of an attack that we need to carry a gun. Why do Americans carry a gun? If it is for their protection, then that tells me that you have reason to be afraid, or else you wouldn't need the gun.

So why are Americans so afraid of their own people that they need to carry a gun to protect themselves?

because people will beat you up, rob you and kill you. It also depends on where you live. Alot of the pro gun areas actually have very little violence, mainly they are in low populated areas and are white or asian in nature. Come to Memphis.....the suburbs are fine, but go to Orange Mound or even Midtown you'll have a different "vibe"

There should still be no need to carry a gun. A heavier police pressence is needed.
You're right, there should be no need to carry a gun. However, those who live to prey on others have necessitated the need. And unless each of us has our own personal police officer, the laws of physics prevent a sufficient police presence to stop all crime everywhere.

Contrary to what the deranged NRA fanatics on this messageboard have to say, the VAST MAJORITY of Americans favor tougher gun control laws --

A 2011 New York Times/CBS News poll found that 63 percent of Americans favor a ban on high-capacity magazines; just as many supported an assault-weapons ban.

According to the poll, even a majority of gun-owning households favor a ban on assault weapons, although by a smaller margin. 54% of them favor it, and 44% oppose --

Also in 2011, a Washington Post/ABC News poll found that 83 percent supported financing a system in which people treated for mental illness would be reported to a federal gun registry database to prevent them from buying guns; 71 percent favored this for those treated for drug abuse.

So let me simplify this poll data for you uninformed, unsophisticated NRA simpletons -- most Americans are on MY SIDE, not yours.

All of your right-wing nutjob spinning and excuse-making isn't going to change that fact.

Holy sheep shit Batman!

Does that mean that those that get caught smoking a little weed would not be able to buy a gun? That would be a little scary to me if I smoked. After all, I would be dealing with a criminal when I bought the stuff. But then, only a dope smokes dope.

Holy sheep shit Batman!

Does that mean that those that get caught smoking a little weed would not be able to buy a gun? That would be a little scary to me if I smoked. After all, I would be dealing with a criminal when I bought the stuff. But then, only a dope smokes dope.

yea that terminal Cancer guy who finally gets some relief that the Cancer DRUGS dont give him is just a Dope....do you realize how dopey you sound?....

Holy sheep shit Batman!

yea that terminal Cancer guy who finally gets some relief that the Cancer DRUGS dont give him is just a Dope....do you realize how dopey you sound?....

I call BS on that as well. There is nothing in a joint that can't be duplicated in a prescription drug. Medical MJ is a freaking joke and you know it. I could get access to it if I stubbed my toe and told my shrink it was causing me mental distress that only a few joints a day would cure.

Please post what you think an assault weapon actually is then maybe we can discuss the topic.

Hint:

This is not an assault weapon.

m4a1.jpg

This is an assault weapon.

AR15_A3_Tactical_Carbine_pic1.jpg

Discuss.

Last edited:
Holy sheep shit Batman!

I call BS on that as well. There is nothing in a joint that can't be duplicated in a prescription drug. Medical MJ is a freaking joke and you know it. I could get access to it if I stubbed my toe and told my shrink it was causing me mental distress that only a few joints a day would cure.
its different when they MANUFACTURE it....lots of the anti-nausea stuff is gone....if you think a scientist can reproduce a naturally occurring substance exactly then your part of the same crowd that says Synthetic Vitamins are exactly the same as the real things....and i have the proof of 2 guys with no fucking hair that says there is a BIG difference between what the real stuff does as compared to what the Pharmaceutical industry gives you .....what do you have?....

I could get access to it if I stubbed my toe and told my shrink it was causing me mental distress that only a few joints a day would cure.

i agree and i believe i mentioned this earlier.....but since i am talking about Terminal people.....try again.....

Please post what you think an assault weapon actually is then maybe we can discuss the topic.

Hint:

m4a1.jpg

Discuss.

That doesn't look select fire to me.

How many kill mexicans?

Hint:

m4a1.jpg

Discuss.

You need to list the type of gun, dipshit. Pictures don't cut it.

Last edited:

Hint:

m4a1.jpg

Discuss.

That doesn't look select fire to me.

It may or may not be select fire. Either way it doesn't matter. Under the law it is an assault weapon.

How many kill mexicans?

Hint:

m4a1.jpg

Discuss.

You can always spot the people who know absolutely nothing about guns a mile away any time these debates come up.

so b/c some people want to give up their Constitutional rights, we should do so.

go fuck yourself you vile petty fucking tyrant.

How many kill mexicans?

Hint:

m4a1.jpg

Discuss.

Look at the twiggier just above the grip in the top pic you will see an S and just above center of that you will see an F the S means safe and the F means fire.

In the lower pic you will see a just above the twiggier safe, fire, and auto

Without auto at the selector switch you do not have an assault weapon.

How many kill mexicans?

Hint:

m4a1.jpg

Discuss.

Look at the twiggier just above the grip in the top pic you will see an S and just above center of that you will see an F the S means safe and the F means fire.

Wrong- select fire does not make it an assault weapon but feel free to keep trying.

Last edited:
How many kill mexicans?

Wrong- select fire does not make it an assault weapon but feel free to keep trying.

If you have one position to shoot you do not have selective fire
Safe to fire is not selective fire
Safe to fire to auto would be selective fire

Web definitions:
A selective fire firearm fires semi–automatically and at least one automatic mode by means of a selector depending on the weapon's.

Forum List

Back