NRA Fanatics are WRONG - Vast Majority of Americans Favor Tougher Gun Control Laws

Look at the twiggier just above the grip in the top pic you will see an S and just above center of that you will see an F the S means safe and the F means fire.

In the lower pic you will see a just above the twiggier safe, fire, and auto

Without auto at the selector switch you do not have an assault weapon.

Wrong- select fire does not make it an assault weapon but feel free to keep trying.

If you have one position to shoot you do not have selective fire
Safe to fire is not selective fire
Safe to fire to auto would be selective fire

Web definitions:
A selective fire firearm fires semi–automatically and at least one automatic mode by means of a selector depending on the weapon's.

Web definitions mean absolutely nothing if the feds try to ban assault weapons again. What really matters is how the law defines an assault weapon and if you look at the 9-13-94 ban you'll see what an assault weapon actually is.

Wrong- select fire does not make it an assault weapon but feel free to keep trying.

Web definitions:
A selective fire firearm fires semi–automatically and at least one automatic mode by means of a selector depending on the weapon's.

Web definitions mean absolutely nothing if the feds try to ban assault weapons again. What really matters is how the law defines an assault weapon and if you look at the 9-13-94 ban you'll see what an assault weapon actually is.

However, that's what makes an automatic an automatic. the selective fire switch.

Contrary to what the deranged NRA fanatics on this messageboard have to say, the VAST MAJORITY of Americans favor tougher gun control laws --

A 2011 New York Times/CBS News poll found that 63 percent of Americans favor a ban on high-capacity magazines; just as many supported an assault-weapons ban.

According to the poll, even a majority of gun-owning households favor a ban on assault weapons, although by a smaller margin. 54% of them favor it, and 44% oppose --

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Jan11_Econ.pdf

Also in 2011, a Washington Post/ABC News poll found that 83 percent supported financing a system in which people treated for mental illness would be reported to a federal gun registry database to prevent them from buying guns; 71 percent favored this for those treated for drug abuse.

http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1120a1 Guns and Discourse.pdf

So let me simplify this poll data for you uninformed, unsophisticated NRA simpletons -- most Americans are on MY SIDE, not yours.

All of your right-wing nutjob spinning and excuse-making isn't going to change that fact.

The deranged fanatics are the lefties who speak in cliches without knowing what the hell they are talking about. "Tougher gun laws" is a cliche invented by weak minded ignorant people who have no idea of what "tougher gun laws" are. Magazine capacities wouldn't have stopped the Columbine kids or the Va. Tech shooter or the Batman shooter. All of those people were crazy. The left has been protecting fellow nut cases for years with privacy restrictions that prevent law-enforcement from protecting society. When is the leftie outrage going to be focused on the jihad Major who murdered his own Soldiers in a fit of Islamic fanaticism? Lefties claim to love the illegal riff-raff criminals who flow over our border but they look the other way when the perhaps mentally deranged A.G. authorizes 3,000 illegal weapons to be shipped to Mexico to kill Mexican citizens and a US Border Patrol officer. Hypocrisy doesn't begin to explain the left's convoluted reasoning about the 2nd Amendment. Bi-Polar comes closer though.

How many kill mexicans?

You need to list the type of gun, dipshit. Pictures don't cut it.

Look at the twiggier just above the grip in the top pic you will see an S and just above center of that you will see an F the S means safe and the F means fire.

In the lower pic you will see a just above the twiggier safe, fire, and auto

Without auto at the selector switch you do not have an assault weapon.

"Assault Weapon" is a legal fiction concocted by the politicians to try and vilify a particular class of weapon that they don't approve of and they figure they can divide and conquer and at least get that one banned.

I prefer the military designation of assault weapon where selectfire is a requirement.

I'm a conservative and a gun owner and I favor tougher gun control laws in this country.
Not a restriction of ownership per se, just more oversight as to who the fuck is allowed to purchase so much shit above and beyond the needs of mere mortals.

Card carrying NRA member here... What ^ said.

Good for you and that's your opinion. What if part of that "oversight" stated that conservatives are too "radical" to own firearms or certain types of firearms?

If the vast majority favor giving up their Rights and Freedoms, tell me genius... Why then does the NRA wield so much power? Have you ever asked yourself why the NRA needs to spend millions protecting American's (YOUR) second amendment Rights? Of course you haven't. It's really easy to hand your Rights, and Freedoms away... To get them back is an entirely different story. You want to give away your Rights for a false sense of security, by all means, don't own a gun... But keep your dirty fingers off of my Rights.... Simplefuckington.

The NRA is extremely powerful and probably wouldn't care what the majority of Americans thought, or wanted. All they care about is their rights, and they are willing to trample on the opinions of others so long as they get to retain those rights.

I remember hearing somewhere that the NRA donates money to both of the big two parties...............

I'm a conservative and a gun owner and I favor tougher gun control laws in this country.
Not a restriction of ownership per se, just more oversight as to who the fuck is allowed to purchase so much shit above and beyond the needs of mere mortals.

Card carrying NRA member here... What ^ said.

Good for you and that's your opinion. What if part of that "oversight" stated that conservatives are too "radical" to own firearms or certain types of firearms?

Hell yes I am a radical to a corrupt government

presumably others have observed, that the proximate cause, of the Batman shootings, was the shooter propping open an emergency exit, for perhaps 10 minutes, whilst he retrieved his guns, and donned his armor. Failure to control entrances & exits allowed him to saunter back in, at his leisure, and begin shooting. Had he been required to come back in the front entrance, he would have been seen & stopped by security (?). Why didn't any alarm sound? Why weren't security guards alerted to the open door, and dispatched to close it?

I frankly don't give a shit about what some liberal punk thinks or popular opinion, fact remains, you can ban and outlaw what ever you want and all it will do is punish those that abide by their laws. Simple problem, you can't legislate common sense and responsibility, just take a long close look at congress.

Web definitions:

However, that's what makes an automatic an automatic. the selective fire switch.

And.....that has what exactly to do with the topic of assault weapons being banned or not??

Last edited:

And.....that has what exactly to do with the topic of assault weapons being banned or not??

Any assault weapon manufactured after 1986 is already banned. You can't have one but if it was made before 1986 and pay for the class 3 licence fee you can have one.

Any assault weapon manufactured after 1986 is already banned. You can't have one but if it was made before 1986 and pay for the class 3 licence fee you can have one.

1986 is the machine gun ban date. 1994 was the assault weapon ban date. Your lack of knowledge becomes more obvious with each post.

1986 is the machine gun ban date. 1994 was the assault weapon ban date. Your lack of knowledge becomes more obvious with each post.

Had you followed these threads you would have noticed an assault weapon is fully automatic and coverd under the 86 law.

Seems you jumped the gun.......................

Maybe KWO won't wet his pants in fear of this scary bullet hose:

KittyRifle.jpg

Had you followed these threads you would have noticed an assault weapon is fully automatic and coverd under the 86 law.

Then you'll have no problem citing the previous federal ban and current bans in some states that define an assault weapon under the law as fully automatic. I'll wait.

Then you'll have no problem citing the previous federal ban and current bans in some states that define an assault weapon under the law as fully automatic. I'll wait.

An assault weapon would be any weapon that has a selector switch that would go from safe to fire to automatic. It's not my fault democrats are too stupid to know and understand what is an assault weapon and what isn't.

I don't think he's an anti gunner, I just think he's a bit confused.

Forum List

Back