Now that the good guys are in charge, is it time to revisit the 14th amendment?

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

More Anchor Baby Births in Los Angeles than Total U.S. Births in 14 States

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

Maybe wait just a few more days...

a

Have you people ever read the constitution beyond the second amendment?

The Supreme Court has no authority to declare the 14th amendment unconstitutional or repeal it.

The only way to repeal any amendment is to pass a new one.

That requires a super majority of the House and Senate, that's two thirds, to pass it. Then it needs a super majority, that's three quarters, of the states to pass it in a specified amount of time.

Good luck with that.

You'll never find even one politician who will ever bring such a bill/amendment to the floor of our congress.

You people claim to be the only ones who love our constitution but you sure don't know what's in it and you sure do want to make a lot of changes to it.

For heaven's sake, learn about that document. Read, study and comprehend it.

It's disgusting to see so many Americans who know so little about how our government is supposed to work and what's in the constitution.

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

The only way to repeal an amendment is to pass a new one.

Apparently you don't know what the constitution says about passing amendments.

It requires a super majority, that's two thirds of both the House and Senate, to pass the amendment. However it's still not an amendment until it passes a super majority of the states which is three quarters of the states and must do it in a specified amount of time.

Good luck with that.

By the way, anyone who wants to repeal equal protection under the law and wants to deny people born in America citizenship isn't anything close to being a "good guy."

For people who claim they are the only ones who love our constitution you people sure do want to make a lot of changes to it. What's so wrong with it just the way it is? What is so wrong with equal protection under the law and all people who are born in America are citizens? America doesn't have any authority to issue any birth certificate for another nations to anyone born here in America nor do we have different birth certificates for people who are born here.

Your hate for people who aren't like you really is disgusting. You're the minority in this nation and there's no way that the 14th amendment is going to be repealed.

Ever.

Deal with it.

I think what you should do is not respond to the past couple of posts, and instead, read what was being discussed.

So tell me, where did I suggest that the 14th should be repealed? You can't because I never said that. What I did say is that the 14th should be redefined to it's original intent which was to aid former slaves.

Until Kavanaugh, that could never have been brought up. Now that we have constitutionalists and originalists in leadership, perhaps it should be something the SC should look at: what was the 14th intended for?

So how do we determine who is a citizen or not?

You apply for citizenship like the million people we allow to become citizens every year. Just being born here should not make you an automatic citizen. You should only be considered a citizen if your parents were citizens when you were born.

Ahh, the good ol' grandfather clause; straight out of the Jim Crow South.

Time for that to stop.

The only way to repeal an amendment is to pass a new one.

Apparently you don't know what the constitution says about passing amendments.

It requires a super majority, that's two thirds of both the House and Senate, to pass the amendment. However it's still not an amendment until it passes a super majority of the states which is three quarters of the states and must do it in a specified amount of time.

Good luck with that.

By the way, anyone who wants to repeal equal protection under the law and wants to deny people born in America citizenship isn't anything close to being a "good guy."

For people who claim they are the only ones who love our constitution you people sure do want to make a lot of changes to it. What's so wrong with it just the way it is? What is so wrong with equal protection under the law and all people who are born in America are citizens? America doesn't have any authority to issue any birth certificate for another nations to anyone born here in America nor do we have different birth certificates for people who are born here.

Your hate for people who aren't like you really is disgusting. You're the minority in this nation and there's no way that the 14th amendment is going to be repealed.

Ever.

Deal with it.

I think what you should do is not respond to the past couple of posts, and instead, read what was being discussed.

So tell me, where did I suggest that the 14th should be repealed? You can't because I never said that. What I did say is that the 14th should be redefined to it's original intent which was to aid former slaves.

Until Kavanaugh, that could never have been brought up. Now that we have constitutionalists and originalists in leadership, perhaps it should be something the SC should look at: what was the 14th intended for?

Here's the exact text of the 14th Amendment. Then tell me where it says it only applies to slaves and will never apply to any other American other than Native Indians.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.[1]

You can't. In fact, the Supreme Court has already ruled that it applies to everyone even if they aren't slaves.

As I said, you don't even know what's in that amendment.

Read it and comprehend the meaning of those words.

If you're saying that our government and laws don't apply to people who are here in America or are born here in America then you really don't understand the English language.

Our government most certainly can arrest and prosecute anyone here in America and anyone born in America who has committed a crime, just as the 14th Amendment says. Everyone here falls under our jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of the state they're in.

Yet you don't believe that should apply. You don't believe that anyone born here is a natural born citizen. Well the definition of natural born citizen is partially based on that 14th Amendment according to the Supreme Court.

You don't seem to understand what that amendment says. You want it changed. You want to insert the word "this only applies to slaves" into that document. Which the ONLY way it can be changed is to repeal it and I've told you how to do that.

Last edited:

You apply for citizenship like the million people we allow to become citizens every year. Just being born here should not make you an automatic citizen. You should only be considered a citizen if your parents were citizens when you were born.

It doesn't matter what you think or what you want.

According to the 14th amendment everyone born here in America is a natural born citizen.

There's nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Deal with it.

I just did a search on citizenship for ivana and melania trump.

Both barron trump and donald jr were born before their mothers became citizens of the United States of America.

ivana became a citizen after donald jr was born but before ivanka was born.

melania became a citizen months after barron was born.

So according to you, both donald jr and barron trump wouldn't be citizens of the United States of America.

You need to rethink things before you post.

Time for that to stop.

The ONLY way to repeal or change the 14th amendment--requires a 2/3's vote in the senate, a 2/3's vote in the house, then it has to be ratified by 38 state legislatures.

The odds of that happening are ZERO TO NONE.

screenshot_2017-02-22_11.07.39.png

So who's talking about repeal? I'm talking about this opportunity to restore the meaning of the 14th with Kavanaugh which is that it had noting to do with anchor babies.

You don't seem to understand the 14th amendment already exists. The U.S. Supreme court cannot change it, just as they could not deal with women's sufferage--the right to vote. This has to go to the Senate, Congress, and be ratified by 38 state legislatures to change it.

There was discussion about this during the GOP primary debates, and Carly Fiorina was the first to call out Trump's and Rand Paul's bullshit on it, that they were stating was some kind of approach to the Justices that they could use regarding "slaves" being given citizenship. She said NOPE that wouldn't do it. She literally said it was a total waste of time.

I am down with the OP.

14 ammendment was for Slaves who were kidnapped and brought to America against their wills and the children of those slaves to benefit.

Not for people willingly sneaking across the border to shoot out an anchor baby.

We need to take care of the African American underclass, not import a new one.
We need a national SS ID card with a chip and end this b*******.

I am down with the OP.

14 ammendment was for Slaves who were kidnapped and brought to America against their wills and the children of those slaves to benefit.

Not for people willingly sneaking across the border to shoot out an anchor baby.

Yes. We should embed chips in every white male's testicles. It's the only way.

I am down with the OP.

No a card will do, like most other modern countries. The only solution.

I am down with the OP.

The final solution. Government must have absolute power.

I am down with the OP.

Over illegal workers yes, fear-mongered brainwashed functional moron.

I am down with the OP.

Over illegal workers yes, fear-mongered brainwashed functional moron.
Other modern countries have them and are just fine... So stupid.

Time for that to stop.

The 14th amendment is the one they use. That one states anyone born in America is an American citizen. Illegals have no problem popping out babies in America. Collecting every social service they can.

The 14th was put in there so the children of ex slaves would be recognized as America citizens. Its not needed anymore.

The Congress should boot the 14th thereby getting rid of the anchor baby bullshit that illegals use. Oh and they use it in the territories as well. No anchor baby. No welfare, Medicaid, food stamps or anything else.

Save we the taxpayer billions.

Build the damned wall to keep all them out.

Time for that to stop.

So your goal is to reduce the demand for our real estate?

I fear loans off our projected real estate values churn our economy. Ask George Bush what happens when imiginary value disappears and ppl have to make the payments they signed up for.

I'll meet you on stopping illegal immigration if we can double the number of legal inmigrands next year. I have looked to the Big Government past and decided we should apply what we learned from The Homestead Act to our empty cities in the Midwest and East.

Time for that to stop.

I fear loans off our projected real estate values churn our economy. Ask George Bush what happens when imiginary value disappears and ppl have to make the payments they signed up for.

I'll meet you on stopping illegal immigration if we can double the number of legal inmigrands next year. I have looked to the Big Government past and decided we should apply what we learned from The Homestead Act to our empty cities in the Midwest and East.

So in other words you want the US to look like China in another 50 years or so. We currently allow one million new people a year in this country.

Don’t worry about real estate. I believe it was Roy Rogers who once said “Buy land. God ain’t making any more of it.”

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Time for that to stop.

So in other words you want the US to look like China in another 50 years or so. We currently allow one million new people a year in this country.

Don’t worry about real estate. I believe it was Roy Rogers who once said “Buy land. God ain’t making any more of it.”

We don't need any more people here legal or otherwise.

We need to stop allowing people in for five years or more. We have enough people in this country.

Time for that to stop.

We don't need any more people here legal or otherwise.

We need to stop allowing people in for five years or more. We have enough people in this country.

You don't speak for the whole country. Quiet.

Forum List

Back