Now that the good guys are in charge, is it time to revisit the 14th amendment?

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

More Anchor Baby Births in Los Angeles than Total U.S. Births in 14 States

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

So your goal is to reduce the demand for our real estate?

I fear loans off our projected real estate values churn our economy. Ask George Bush what happens when imiginary value disappears and ppl have to make the payments they signed up for.

I'll meet you on stopping illegal immigration if we can double the number of legal inmigrands next year. I have looked to the Big Government past and decided we should apply what we learned from The Homestead Act to our empty cities in the Midwest and East.

So in other words you want the US to look like China in another 50 years or so. We currently allow one million new people a year in this country.

Don’t worry about real estate. I believe it was Roy Rogers who once said “Buy land. God ain’t making any more of it.”

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Look like China....as in a growing world power? Yes.

Overcrowded, we'll deal with that when it gets close. All I see are empty cities and worthless property a dying empire is trying to maintain for its soft citizen elite. When that property gets worthless tax revenue goes down and folks can't borrow money to push the day of reckoning a few calendar pages further down. Look at all the trouble we had a decade ago. Too bad there wasn't more demand for our real estate.

What we are good at is bringing people in and "making them American". It takes a few years and we should embrace it.

So the good 'ol boys are in charge Ray?

Perhaps that's how you look at it from your myopic view. But by the good guys, I mean constitutionalists.

Are you attempting to somehow argue that the people behind the 14th didn't think all people born here would be citizens, and perhaps they didn't understand the consequences, so we need to interpret the words.? LOL

The amendment was not written for anchor babies. It needs to be interpreted properly to stop anchor babies from being born here.

How do you know it wasn't written for anchor babies. It was EXPLICITLY written to keep Americans from importing foreign workers.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution

Try a real scholarly website.
https://lawdigitalcommons.bc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1049&context=twlj

So the good 'ol boys are in charge Ray?

Perhaps that's how you look at it from your myopic view. But by the good guys, I mean constitutionalists.

Are you attempting to somehow argue that the people behind the 14th didn't think all people born here would be citizens, and perhaps they didn't understand the consequences, so we need to interpret the words.? LOL

The amendment was not written for anchor babies. It needs to be interpreted properly to stop anchor babies from being born here.

"Anchor babies" is a made up phrase to trigger you bigots.

And in fact, the Fourteenth Amendment's intention was to ensure citizenship as a birthright to all persons born here.

Here is the Congressional Record: https://www.14thamendment.us/articles/jacob_howard_on_14th_amendment_1866.gif

The sponsor of the 14th amendment (Jacob Howard) made it crystal clear that birthright citizenship was for everyone, excluding the children of foreign ministers and ambassadors.

Another Congressman (Doolittle) attempted to add a change to the 14th amendment which would exclude Indians, and Howard pointed out Indians were not under the jurisdiction of the US, and therefore the change was unnecessary.

"This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States."

A few years later, the Supreme Court affirmed the intent of the 14th in United States v. Wong Kim Ark.

And it had to be that way. Given the Jim Crow and sharecropper economies that emerged after the civil war, does anyone really doubt our fellow Americans would have avoided the temptation of bringing in foreigners to work cheap, and to deny them citizenship..... oh wait, that's what they did with the Chinese!

Edit: And Ray, while Birthright Citizenship (as you term it) is an intended and necessary part of the 14th's furtherance of a prohibition on slavery and subclass labor in America, there is not legal prohibition on deporting illegal aliens or even in making it impossible for them to find jobs here by punishing people who hire them. The people who drafted the 14th could not make it illegal to intend to profit from treating other humans as substandard humans, but they could, and did, make the results of that inhumanity self-defeating to a society based upon the dignity of all humans within its borders.

Last edited:
How can we get this 14th Amendment issue on Trump's to do list?

It shouldn't be that hard. Its a cruel and heartless initiative that will go nowhere; right up ya'll's alley.
Well first they'd need an AG or Soliciter General willing to push a legal theory that is not supportable by people who actually have knowledge of law. And even then, the SC would probably throw them out.

But legally we can be very inhumane in deporting people. We can catch a person near California and deport him from Texas, without even money for a phone call. And that maybe what it takes to enforce immigration laws.

It shouldn't be that hard. Its a cruel and heartless initiative that will go nowhere; right up ya'll's alley.

Yup, it may go nowhere, but a heck of a lot of fun watching you libs react.

It'll be lots of fun watching you guys explain your position in 8 years or so. The scorched earth policy you guys have enacted will not bode well for the long term prospects of the GOP.

That's the way to keep you idiots entertained. Accomplishing nothing while giving you Trump reality shows.

And for some reason you feel Trump is not accomplishing anything? Have you read or watched anything other than CNN?

The 14th amendment has been misinterpreted for decades.
If both parents are not citizens and they are here illegally, then their offspring are not citizens.
There are 7 billion people on the planet.
If we don't control our immigration it will destroy our country.
All countries have the right to control their border crossings and immigration.

Last edited:

It'll be lots of fun watching you guys explain your position in 8 years or so. The scorched earth policy you guys have enacted will not bode well for the long term prospects of the GOP.

Please don't just state "facts" as you see them. In 8 years or so it'll be very easy to explain the GOP positions. What scorched earth policies are you referring to?
Here is a list of dems policies that you can try and defend:
1. open borders
2. Sanctuary cities
3. Free college
4. Free Healthcare
5. Eliminate ICE
6. Globalism
7. Paris Climate Change Treaty where the US pays $trillions to poor countries
8. Stupid trade agreements
9. Let China run roughshod over the US for trade and intellectual property
10. Let NK develop nukes and delivery systems
11. Tax corporations so they relocate overseas
12. Max food stamps instead of good paying jobs
13. Opioid problem running rampant across the US
14. Gangs like MS-13 running rampant across the US
15. No steel or mining industries due to foreign "dumping" of subsidized products
16. No new pipelines
17. No offshore drilling
18. No privacy as tech giants like google and facebook work with dems to promote liberalism
19. Colleges deny any speakers except liberals and indoctrinate kids to be lifelong liberals or flunk out
20. The dems allow only super-delegates to vote and deny regular people to vote in primaries (slight exaggeration)
21. Pack the US Supreme Court to promote liberal policies
22. Impeach anyone they deem not liberal enough, like Kavanaugh
23. Use the Federal Government to punish conservatives, like the IRS and Lois Lerner hounded conservatives
24. Use the Intel community to spy on the opposition party, like Hillary, FusionGPS, and the FBI/DOJ spied on Trump and published the Steele Dossier
25. Sell US secrets like Wen Ho Lee sold nuke secrets to China, and HIllary sold uranium to the Russians via the UraniumOne scam
26. Have the Black Panthers or antifa guard urban polling stations with clubs to keep conservative voters away, guarantee those 300,000 to 0 results
27. Do not allow conservative blacks on TV, keep those urban plantations 100% democrat.

See?

You want to change the Constitution!
It sounds like he wants judicial activism. To change the 14th, we need an amendment to repeal it.

I want the 14th gone, just like the other guys, but I will not give in to judicial activism to do it. I have principles.

Judicial activism is inserting things into a law or right that was never there before. In this case, it's a conflict of two opinions of what the 14th was designed for. That's what the Supreme Court is supposed to determine. I believe that it was created for former slaves and their children, and some believe it was created for anchor babies which there was no such thing at the time.
Going strictly off the text, anchor babies are allowed. To interpret it otherwise would be a misinterpretation of the text.

We need it repealed.

And, fuck anchor babies!

See?

You want to change the Constitution!
It sounds like he wants judicial activism. To change the 14th, we need an amendment to repeal it.

I want the 14th gone, just like the other guys, but I will not give in to judicial activism to do it. I have principles.

Judicial activism is inserting things into a law or right that was never there before. In this case, it's a conflict of two opinions of what the 14th was designed for. That's what the Supreme Court is supposed to determine. I believe that it was created for former slaves and their children, and some believe it was created for anchor babies which there was no such thing at the time.
For at least the THIRD time, the sponsor of the amendment was unequivocal. YOU are the one being the "activist" who wants to invent things that are not there. You are the one being anti-Constitution.

Over and over, you pseudocons prove you are for the Constitution except when you aren't.

I am down with the OP.

14 ammendment was for Slaves who were kidnapped and brought to America against their wills and the children of those slaves to benefit.

Not for people willingly sneaking across the border to shoot out an anchor baby.

We need to take care of the African American underclass, not import a new one.

Not the way it was written. It is being interpreted as it sounds. The only way to overturn it is a 2/3 vote in the House, Senate, and states which will never happen.

I'm not sure it would NEVER happen. As long as it was fairly applied, people like me would support it.

So how do we determine who is a citizen or not?

You apply for citizenship like the million people we allow to become citizens every year. Just being born here should not make you an automatic citizen. You should only be considered a citizen if your parents were citizens when you were born.

It doesn't matter what you think or what you want.

According to the 14th amendment everyone born here in America is a natural born citizen.

There's nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Deal with it.

Well, that's not really true. It, like every part of the Constitution can be changed or "amended". It is a hard process, but it can be done.

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

I fear loans off our projected real estate values churn our economy. Ask George Bush what happens when imiginary value disappears and ppl have to make the payments they signed up for.

I'll meet you on stopping illegal immigration if we can double the number of legal inmigrands next year. I have looked to the Big Government past and decided we should apply what we learned from The Homestead Act to our empty cities in the Midwest and East.

So in other words you want the US to look like China in another 50 years or so. We currently allow one million new people a year in this country.

Don’t worry about real estate. I believe it was Roy Rogers who once said “Buy land. God ain’t making any more of it.”

Overcrowded, we'll deal with that when it gets close. All I see are empty cities and worthless property a dying empire is trying to maintain for its soft citizen elite. When that property gets worthless tax revenue goes down and folks can't borrow money to push the day of reckoning a few calendar pages further down. Look at all the trouble we had a decade ago. Too bad there wasn't more demand for our real estate.

What we are good at is bringing people in and "making them American". It takes a few years and we should embrace it.

Ah, so do you live in Moscow or Kiev?

Time for that to stop.

I'm from the part of the U.S. that can support human life in large quantity w/o big government welfare programs. Its pretty safe, as earthquake proof as anyplace, not too hot, not to cold. Our cities are old and empty though. St Louis proper has housing for a half million ppl but there is no demand for it.

So yeah, give me the world's undesireables and I'll show you the next generation of Navy Seals!

Time for that to stop.

I'm from the part of the U.S. that can support human life in large quantity w/o big government welfare programs. Its pretty safe, as earthquake proof as anyplace, not too hot, not to cold. Our cities are old and empty though. St Louis proper has housing for a half million ppl but there is no demand for it.

So yeah, give me the world's undesireables and I'll show you the next generation of Navy Seals!

Whatever you say.

The 14th amendment has been misinterpreted for decades.
If both parents are not citizens and they are here illegally, then their offspring are not citizens.
There are 7 billion people on the planet.
If we don't control our immigration it will destroy our country.
All countries have the right to control their border crossings and immigration.

You are right that countries can control their border crossings.

Know why we get soo much flack?

Our history, our propaganda and this:

iu

Now, shut down the hypocrisy train, remove the statue, declare this the New Trump Deal where only elderly parents of foreign born trophy wives can immigrate and ppl will just say, "huh, them jerks".

Forum List

Back