Now that the good guys are in charge, is it time to revisit the 14th amendment?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

More Anchor Baby Births in Los Angeles than Total U.S. Births in 14 States

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

Oh. so they're the spawn of our FF's petri dish DNA Ray?

man, i never get the memo......

~S~

New wide-ranging analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies‘ Steven Camarotta reveals that there are an estimated 28,000 births to illegal aliens every year in the Los Angeles metro area, exceeding the total number of U.S. births in 14 states and the District of Columbia.

The children of illegal aliens are commonly known as “anchor babies,” as they anchor their illegal alien and noncitizen parents in the U.S. and eventually are allowed to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country through the process known as “chain migration.”

If you want to stop the flies from buzzing around you, close the pancake syrup container if you're going to sit outside.

For years the left has been telling us we don't need a wall, just a heavy fine or prison time for employers who hire illegals. Well I have to agree with that, but I also think that anchor babies are just as much of a problem. Come to the US, find a way to stay for a few months, and pop out a baby(s) so you have an excuse to have to be here.

Time for that to stop.

Maybe wait just a few more days...

Time for that to stop.

Maybe wait just a few more days...

Yeah, maybe I would have to agree with that. Republican nominated justices are known to blow a gasket from time to time.

I am down with the OP.

14 ammendment was for Slaves who were kidnapped and brought to America against their wills and the children of those slaves to benefit.

Not for people willingly sneaking across the border to shoot out an anchor baby.

We need to take care of the African American underclass, not import a new one.

Time for that to stop.

Where is the Black American outrage over the current application of the 14th Amendment? This amendment was enacted on the behalf of victims of slavery and their families. These people were captured, taken from their homeland and forced into labor. They were innocent victims who broke no laws of this country.

So why now are African Americans not outraged over illegal immigrants who willingly come to this country, and break laws to do so invoking the 14th Amendment, their Amendment?

I’d like to hear from our black members on this, I really would.

Time for that to stop.

Where is the Black American outrage over the current application of the 14th Amendment? This amendment was enacted on the behalf of victims of slavery and their families. These people were captured, taken from their homeland and forced into labor. They were innocent victims who broke no laws of this country.

So why now are African Americans not outraged over illegal immigrants who willingly come to this country, and break laws to do so invoking the 14th Amendment, their Amendment?

I’d like to hear from our black members on this, I really would.

Blacks have be used and abused for the longest time by the Democrat party, it's just they don't realize it because many blacks don't follow politics.

Correct, the 14th was never written for anchor babies, it was written for former slaves and more so, their offspring.

To answer your question, why aren't blacks outraged over Democrats ushering in foreigners to take their jobs? Most of the jobs they take are lower paying jobs that many blacks could be working.

Why didn't the blacks protest over Democrats trying to stop School Vouchers? School Vouchers gave lower income blacks the ability to remove their child from failing public schools and put them in a better quality school where they could actually learn something.

I am down with the OP.

14 ammendment was for Slaves who were kidnapped and brought to America against their wills and the children of those slaves to benefit.

Not for people willingly sneaking across the border to shoot out an anchor baby.

That's why I hope this case is heard. As per the OP, there were more Anchor babies born in one city than the combination of 14 states. This is not a minor problem, it's a major problem.

The 14th Amendment was needed when inacted. Now it is being used to consolidate power in a central government, much like the Soviets and ChiComs. It is now the instrument of commies.

Needs to be repealed, not circumvented by judicial activism.

There is a process.

I am down with the OP.

Not the way it was written. It is being interpreted as it sounds. The only way to overturn it is a 2/3 vote in the House, Senate, and states which will never happen.

Time for that to stop.

The ONLY way to repeal or change the 14th amendment--requires a 2/3's vote in the senate, a 2/3's vote in the house, then it has to be ratified by 38 state legislatures.

The odds of that happening are ZERO TO NONE.

screenshot_2017-02-22_11.07.39.png

Time for that to stop.

The ONLY way to repeal or change the 14th amendment--requires a 2/3's vote in the senate, a 2/3's vote in the house, then it has to be ratified by 38 state legislatures.

The odds of that happening are ZERO TO NONE.

screenshot_2017-02-22_11.07.39.png

So who's talking about repeal? I'm talking about this opportunity to restore the meaning of the 14th with Kavanaugh which is that it had noting to do with anchor babies.

So how do we determine who is a citizen or not?

You apply for citizenship like the million people we allow to become citizens every year. Just being born here should not make you an automatic citizen. You should only be considered a citizen if your parents were citizens when you were born.

Time for that to stop.

i'll accept your point but completely disagree that republicans are the "good guys".....roy moore is a republican....endorsed by trump and millions voted for him!....moore wants to jail gays!.....is THAT a good guy?

Time for that to stop.

i'll accept your point but completely disagree that republicans are the "good guys".....roy moore is a republican....endorsed by trump and millions voted for him!....moore wants to jail gays!.....is THAT a good guy?

And when did Moore say he wants to jail gays? Not that I'm disagreeing with you on that, it's just I never heard of it. Do you have a credible link?

Time for that to stop.

The only way to repeal an amendment is to pass a new one.

Apparently you don't know what the constitution says about passing amendments.

It requires a super majority, that's two thirds of both the House and Senate, to pass the amendment. However it's still not an amendment until it passes a super majority of the states which is three quarters of the states and must do it in a specified amount of time.

Good luck with that.

By the way, anyone who wants to repeal equal protection under the law and wants to deny people born in America citizenship isn't anything close to being a "good guy."

For people who claim they are the only ones who love our constitution you people sure do want to make a lot of changes to it. What's so wrong with it just the way it is? What is so wrong with equal protection under the law and all people who are born in America are citizens? America doesn't have any authority to issue any birth certificate for another nations to anyone born here in America nor do we have different birth certificates for people who are born here.

Your hate for people who aren't like you really is disgusting. You're the minority in this nation and there's no way that the 14th amendment is going to be repealed.

Ever.

Deal with it.

Forum List

Back