Now that Franken has resigned...

It was an honest question, wasn't it?
When people find out what Affirmative Action really is, it sounds like the honorable thing to do.

MYTH: Affirmative Action GIVES jobs to people who don't deserve them, provides openings for unqualified candidates to fudge scores, and knocks deserving qualified people out of the running, because at its heart, Affirmative Action is a form of reverse discrimination.

FACT: Affirmative Action merely PLACES candidates at an appropriate place in line as if there were no ethnic or racial criteria being observed. It is a de facto anonymizer.
Affirmative Action puts candidates face to face with opportunities which have been historically unavailable to them due to historic discrimination factors.
Once an Affirmative Action candidate gets that opportunity, they have to earn it like anyone else, and by that I mean, if they get a job, or get placement in higher education, and they don't perform, the school or employer is under NO OBLIGATION, legal or otherwise, TO KEEP that candidate or employee.
The free market takes over once an Affirmative Action candidate is placed.
It is a corrective measure only.
BINGO!!!!

efc457e9b53911dac5617c3694b2f71d.jpg

You guys have the majority in both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court, and the White House.
It's the Trifecta, the Golden Meatball, the Winning Lottery Ticket.
You're just one manufactured national emergency or constitutional convention away from having your very own American "Enabling Act" and yet you're still crying about Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch?
You have Jeff "Ernie Keebler/Granny Clampett" Sessions on your side, you own at least two major cable news networks which churn out alternative facts and you have Mistress Quasimodo as Press Secretary and Mr. Quasimodo (Steve Bannon) running Breitbart in exile while being Co-President.

And you STILL can't find a single fucking thing to pin on her.
I suggest you launch a BRAND NEW combination one-two punch,
EMAILS AND BENGHAZI !!!
KA-POW!!!!!

kapow-logo.png

When people find out what Affirmative Action really is, it sounds like the honorable thing to do.

Gosh, and I thought the goal of any organization, whether private or government was to hire the best-qualified person for the job. Not the best person of a certain race, then the best of another race and so on. A quota system. You're not looking for the best-qualified person but rather the best of each chosen group, regardless of skills.

Why do you think Pocahontas lied about being a Native American all these years?

I find it hilarious that all you had to do was ask a bitch what is it they think affirmative action is and watch the Republican flee like his ass was on fire.

LoLz!

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Not to reational people.

MYTH: Affirmative Action GIVES jobs to people who don't deserve them, provides openings for unqualified candidates to fudge scores, and knocks deserving qualified people out of the running, because at its heart, Affirmative Action is a form of reverse discrimination.

FACT: Affirmative Action merely PLACES candidates at an appropriate place in line as if there were no ethnic or racial criteria being observed. It is a de facto anonymizer.
Affirmative Action puts candidates face to face with opportunities which have been historically unavailable to them due to historic discrimination factors.
Once an Affirmative Action candidate gets that opportunity, they have to earn it like anyone else, and by that I mean, if they get a job, or get placement in higher education, and they don't perform, the school or employer is under NO OBLIGATION, legal or otherwise, TO KEEP that candidate or employee.
The free market takes over once an Affirmative Action candidate is placed.
It is a corrective measure only.

Horseshit. Saying "The free market takes over once an Affirmative Action candidate is placed" is idiotic. You're saying that after AA sets the free market aside, it then gets out of the way.

What AA corrects is fairness and equality before the law.

Gosh, and I thought the goal of any organization, whether private or government was to hire the best-qualified person for the job. Not the best person of a certain race, then the best of another race and so on. A quota system. You're not looking for the best-qualified person but rather the best of each chosen group, regardless of skills.

Textbook example of not knowing what Affirmative Action is ABOVE.
Affirmative Action does not play favorites with regard to qualifications for the following reasons, which are codified into the law and can be demonstrated.

1. Affirmative Action creates a field in which OPPORTUNITIES are equalized.

2. Affirmative Action grants equal ACCESS TO said opportunities.

3. If a candidate is picked through Affirmative Action and cannot demonstrate an ability to do the job, there is
NOTHING in Affirmative Action law that states an employer is required to KEEP THAT person.
The candidate must demonstrate the qualifications necessary to be PICKED for the job and must demonstrate those abilities. If they are unable to do so, they are not entitled to seek protection under Affirmative Action to appeal for a chance to keep the position they were hired for, or even GET that job in the first place.

I await anyone who can demonstrate case law evidence to the contrary that would disprove ANYTHING I said in the above response.

What's next, Markle?
Are you going to attempt to tell us that the Fair Housing Act also dictates who you can rent your property to, or sell your home to as well?
If so, I will be happy to explain that to you as well.

Dear MarkATL, I'm getting the sneaking feeling that some of our USMB members scored very low in reading comprehension skills.
Too bad they don't understand that "READING IS FUNDAMENTAL".

rif_107.png

Affirmative Action does not play favorites with regard to qualifications for the following reasons, which are codified into the law and can be demonstrated.

No it doesn't, dumbass. It creates a filed in which some are given preferential treatment based on race and sex.

Wrong again. ACCESS depends on race and sex.

3. If a candidate is picked through Affirmative Action and cannot demonstrate an ability to do the job, there is
NOTHING in Affirmative Action law that states an employer is required to KEEP THAT person.

Sure there is. Getting government contracts depends on meeting Affirmative Action goals.

The candidate must demonstrate the qualifications necessary to be PICKED for the job and must demonstrate those abilities. If they are unable to do so, they are not entitled to seek protection under Affirmative Action to appeal for a chance to keep the position they were hired for, or even GET that job in the first place.

I await anyone who can demonstrate case law evidence to the contrary that would disprove ANYTHING I said in the above response.

He wouldn't even have the job if it wasn't for Affirmative Action, douchebag. Employers want the best candidate for the job, not just an adequate candidate.

Like all lefties, you're a big fat lying douchebag.

Dear MarkATL, I'm getting the sneaking feeling that some of our USMB members scored very low in reading comprehension skills.
Too bad they don't understand that "READING IS FUNDAMENTAL".

rif_107.png
Nah we just scored very high on the our bullshit detection skills. We know a lying douchebag when we see what they post in this forum.

What's next, Markle?
Are you going to attempt to tell us that the Fair Housing Act also dictates who you can rent your property to, or sell your home to as well?
If so, I will be happy to explain that to you as well.
It sure as hell does. When a couple of old ladies in Ft Collins Colorado declined to rent a room in their house to a couple of dykes, they sued, and the court ruled they had to rent a room in their house to these freaks. Keep in mind that the old ladies would be loving with these freaks.

/——/ I worked in Fortune 50 companies for 35 years and witnessed affirmative action. We had to pass up qualified, motivated candidates for AAs who would do the least work possible and taunt management to fire them so they can sue. Your pie in the sky ideas are failures

/——/ I worked in Fortune 50 companies for 35 years and witnessed affirmative action. We had to pass up qualified, motivated candidates for AAs who would do the least work possible and taunt management to fire them so they can sue. Your pie in the sky ideas are failures

Not only is that not case law evidence, it seems you're ready to skip over all the numbers, too.
Are we supposed to take your word for it that the number of NON-AA employees who sued for wrongful termination was less, and on different grounds? Also, you seem to have skipped telling us whether they attempted to sue on discrimination grounds, because if they did, there would be case law precedent where a specific AA statute was referenced.
I encourage you to help enlighten us by filling in exactly which statute in AA law was violated.

Somehow I suspect we'll get CRICKETS for a response.
Somehow I suspect your firm just had lazy, complacent and underpaid, or overworked HR staff that just hired anyone without due diligence, and it's more convenient for management to just blame Affirmative Action.

No one in government puts a gun to HR's head to "pass up qualified, motivated candidates for substandard ones".
Is the HR manager actually READING resumes and actually TALKING TO candidates or scanning the resumes into a computerized ranking system and then talking AT the candidate from a canned script?
Do they even have the TIME to do so?
Keywords have turned hiring into a pass-the-buck game, with HR complaining it can’t find talent!
Well, HR isn’t looking for talent. HR isn’t looking for anything! Phony algorithms are keeping the talent unemployed while HR gets paid to do something else.

I've been in meetings where top level management complained that they "couldn't find people".
HR managers who there piped up that they were a member of several large job-search networking groups, with membership in the thousands in the area. HR offered to put them in touch, help them post positions, and contacted them multiple times afterwards to help facilitate this. Nobody took HR up on it.
They just wanted HR to keep plopping resumes into the same phony algorithms and crunching the numbers.
Garbage IN = Garbage OUT.

I asked for CASE LAW cites. I did that for a reason. I asked for that because if your gripes are real, and based on actual firsthand experience, you would be able to cite case law instances where it was an actual Affirmative Action statute being argued.
Five bucks says it had absolutely nothing to do with AA at all, and that you're just passing the buck.

Not only is that not case law evidence, it seems you're ready to skip over all the numbers, too.
Are we supposed to take your word for it that the number of NON-AA employees who sued for wrongful termination was less, and on different grounds? Also, you seem to have skipped telling us whether they attempted to sue on discrimination grounds, because if they did, there would be case law precedent where a specific AA statute was referenced.
I encourage you to help enlighten us by filling in exactly which statute in AA law was violated.

Somehow I suspect we'll get CRICKETS for a response.
Somehow I suspect your firm just had lazy, complacent and underpaid, or overworked HR staff that just hired anyone without due diligence, and it's more convenient for management to just blame Affirmative Action.

No one in government puts a gun to HR's head to "pass up qualified, motivated candidates for substandard ones".
Is the HR manager actually READING resumes and actually TALKING TO candidates or scanning the resumes into a computerized ranking system and then talking AT the candidate from a canned script?
Do they even have the TIME to do so?
Keywords have turned hiring into a pass-the-buck game, with HR complaining it can’t find talent!
Well, HR isn’t looking for talent. HR isn’t looking for anything! Phony algorithms are keeping the talent unemployed while HR gets paid to do something else.

I've been in meetings where top level management complained that they "couldn't find people".
HR managers who there piped up that they were a member of several large job-search networking groups, with membership in the thousands in the area. HR offered to put them in touch, help them post positions, and contacted them multiple times afterwards to help facilitate this. Nobody took HR up on it.
They just wanted HR to keep plopping resumes into the same phony algorithms and crunching the numbers.
Garbage IN = Garbage OUT.

I asked for CASE LAW cites. I did that for a reason. I asked for that because if your gripes are real, and based on actual firsthand experience, you would be able to cite case law instances where it was an actual Affirmative Action statute being argued.
Five bucks says it had absolutely nothing to do with AA at all, and that you're just passing the buck.
You're just babbling legalese bullshitt. We all know that to get government contracts, corporations are required to comply with Affirmative Action guidelines. To do that they put minorities in the line in front of more qualified candidates. Universities have lower entrance requirements for minorities than they have for whites or Asians. All this is public knowledge. Your claims are pure bullshit.

Last edited:
You're the one claiming illegal aliens voted for her. There is no question I need to answer when you can't prove your claims.

Nor can you.

Once a ballot has been cast, there is no way of knowing who it was the person who cast the ballot.

When the motor-voter law was signed into law by President Bill Clinton, it opened fraudulent voting up to the masses.

Affirmative action is a method by which more qualified applicants are put aside in order to hire someone of a preferred race, nationality or color. It is bad for society, bad for business, bad for government and bad for America.

Hi [his] daddy gave him money and he still has managed to file for Chapter 11 on more than 6 occasions.

Why lie? President Donald Trump has never declared bankruptcy.

Wow, Democrats sure are in a panic! President Trump piling one success on top of another success!

If an employer hires someone via Affirmative Action, and they cannot perform, is the employer legally required to keep that employee?

No.

BUT, if you fire one, you most certainly want written documentation six ways to Sunday or you can bet on a law suit.

So you claim to have worked for Fortune 500 companies but don't know that HR depts do that shit all day long.
Yeah, right.

Affirmative action is a method by which more qualified applicants are put aside in order to hire someone of a preferred race, nationality or color. It is bad for society, bad for business, bad for government and bad for America.

Only in your tiki torch carrying imagination.

Forum List

Back