Now Insurers Must Cover 100% of Birth Control, Other Female Services

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Dont Taz Me Bro, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,478
    These increasing mandates on insurers by the government is only going to fuel further increases in insurance costs for all Americans across the board. There is no reason why these listed services need 100% coverage. But hey, if we're going to go that route, why do only women get the benefit? If men are going to have to pay higher insurance costs, why aren't we getting free prostate exams, free condoms, and free "wellness" physicals? Considering that unemployment has hit men harder than women and women now make up the majority of college students isn't it about time the government stop treating them like they are incapable of providing for themselves?

2. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    It's ridiculous. You mean to tell me that birth control pills are more important than other meds? Why should sick people have to pay a copay for a life saving drug, but a fertile female does not? I don't get it. Anybody can afford five or ten bucks.

Breast pumps? Good Lord. Who's buddy has that contract?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,941
    Women may own their bodies but the government now has a 99 year triple net lease on it.

Wow. Obamacare gives the government total control.

How did we not see that coming?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_HPs34usU]‪Congressman John Dingell: "It takes a long time to ... control the people"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

4. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,086
    the women are paying several thousand dollars a year for their insurance policy....i think the once a year gyno check up should be included in that fee just like a physical would be and all insurance policies that i have had, do cover this annual check up, without deductibles....so that part is nothing new.

I have no problems with a breast pump being covered in full either.

BC pills were not covered by insurance at all, in my youth....only the last decade and a half have i seen insurance companies moving to cover them. so, i think full coverage with no deductible is a reach....but, i'd rather people buying insurance get the full coverage 4 them than making us tax payers pay for them.....

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,336
    Beats abortions

6. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    I have a problem paying for others brest pumps unless I get to be the one doing the pumping. :lol:

7. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    You do realize you contradict your own post, correct? While either argument would be valid on it's own, together it's just a mish-mash of sorts.

You can't say in one sentence that it's wrong because costs are going to go up and then in the next complain that men aren't covered. Otherwise your first argument invalidates your second.

Personally, any increase in price is going to suck. The question becomes a matter of how much and the result of these changes. After all, about half of pregnancies are unplanned. I'd be interested in seeing the result this would have in changing that number. If it's by a significant amount, then the cost of premiums would likely be offset because of the would-be future costs of those children being born to the system.

8. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    And now that the Republicans have seen fit to defund Planned Parenthood, as Rightwinger said, this option is better than abortion (or having an unwanted child).

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,697
    boy are you uniformed. who do you think is gonna pay for them? If they can't afford birth control pills they sure as hell can't afford insurance payments. so that leaves 50% of us again toting the other 50% on our backs.

10. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,336
    Beats abortion