Now Insurers Must Cover 100% of Birth Control, Other Female Services

The tax payer ultimately pays for it anyways. Might as well try and subsidize some health efforts (i.e. screening) that tend to save money in the long run.

that's the problem dude,, the taxpayer is expected to pay for everything, and only 50% of us pay FEDERAL taxes.. the gimmmie gimmmie crowd is now larger than the giver crowd.. we're going down.

Our revenue in this country comes from taxes. Of course the taxpayer literally pays for "everything". It's just a matter of what individuals deem worthy of paying for.

Until we get to the point where we are going to start denying people in this country health coverage, if we are going to pay anyways, we might as well pay for things that are going to save money in the long run.

Birth control is pennies on the dollars return when you start factoring the cost of unwanted pregnancies on society.

I can't figure out why anyone would think it's a bad idea.

oh balderdash! we'll pay for the damn contraceptives, they won't take them and the abortions and un wanted pregnancies will continue who are you trying to kid? Personal responsibility ain't in the retardeddimocrats book of knowledge.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
that's the problem dude,, the taxpayer is expected to pay for everything, and only 50% of us pay FEDERAL taxes.. the gimmmie gimmmie crowd is now larger than the giver crowd.. we're going down.

Our revenue in this country comes from taxes. Of course the taxpayer literally pays for "everything". It's just a matter of what individuals deem worthy of paying for.

Until we get to the point where we are going to start denying people in this country health coverage, if we are going to pay anyways, we might as well pay for things that are going to save money in the long run.

Birth control is pennies on the dollars return when you start factoring the cost of unwanted pregnancies on society.

oh balderdash! we'll pay for the damn contraceptives, they won't take them and the abortions and un wanted pregnancies will continue who are you trying to kid? Personal responsibility ain't in the retardeddimocrats book of knowledge.

Of course there will still be unwanted pregnancies and abortions. If it lowers the rate of both of those things though, how can that be a bad thing?

For once I agree with Modbert. If the free pill will reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, it may be money well spent. However, I am not that optimistic.

Breast pumps are a convenience; not a life saving medical device. Absolutely ridiculous.

not really. for a working mom who's nursing a breast pump is a necessity. and, theoretically, breast feeding leads to healthier children.

boy are you uniformed. who do you think is gonna pay for them? If they can't afford birth control pills they sure as hell can't afford insurance payments. so that leaves 50% of us again toting the other 50% on our backs.

Beats abortion

no it doesn't

If you are "healthy" enough to have sex, you are responsible for birth control.
If you are "healthy" enough to have sex, you are "healthy" enough to have a job and pay for your own insurance/medical costs.

Preventive medicine saves money in the long run. I am all for covering birth control. I can't understand how conservatives could bitch about this, unwanted pregnancy, "welfare babies", and abortion.

How much a year are "you" paying in taxes? Are you willing to pay double that amount to cover people that aren't working at "documented" jobs?

For once I agree with Modbert. If the free pill will reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, it may be money well spent. However, I am not that optimistic.

Breast pumps are a convenience; not a life saving medical device. Absolutely ridiculous.

That's not true. It's not debatable that breast milk is better for formula. However, it's hard to get young mothers who are below the poverty line to breast feed due to the inconvenience. Pumping allows them to store their own milk and ultimately have healthier babies and save money.

If they think "breast feeding" is inconvient, do you really think they will be use a "breast pump"?

Preventive medicine saves money in the long run. I am all for covering birth control. I can't understand how conservatives could bitch about this, unwanted pregnancy, "welfare babies", and abortion.

How much a year are "you" paying in taxes? Are you willing to pay double that amount to cover people that aren't working at "documented" jobs?

"Double"?

C'mon. Furthermore, you are talking about a separate issue.

That's not true. It's not debatable that breast milk is better for formula. However, it's hard to get young mothers who are below the poverty line to breast feed due to the inconvenience. Pumping allows them to store their own milk and ultimately have healthier babies and save money.

If they think "breast feeding" is inconvient, do you really think they will be use a "breast pump"?

Breast feeding is inconvenient when you are trying to work a job. Despite what you think, it's not always a matter of personal convenience.

Of course there will still be unwanted pregnancies and abortions. If it lowers the rate of both of those things though, how can that be a bad thing?

If your family is getting hungry and the gov't comes and takes what is left of your food for people that are "worse off than you" how is that a bad thing?

If your family is getting hungry and the gov't comes and takes what is left of your food for people that are "worse off than you" how is that a bad thing?

Yes. Because that is what the government does. Tax people into famine.

Once again, get real.

no it doesn't

If you are "healthy" enough to have sex, you are responsible for birth control.
If you are "healthy" enough to have sex, you are "healthy" enough to have a job and pay for your own insurance/medical costs.

Yeah, that's really worked like gangbusters in our recent history, hasn't it?

Are you asking if "welfare" has produced massive quantities of unwanted pregnancies? Are you asking if "welfare" has destroyed the traditional family in many cultural communities? Are you asking if "sex education" has reduced the number of STDs?

Paying people to be uneducated, unmarried and unemployed will not help any children. The unborn are murdered for the convenience. And yet, here you are, telling us to continue this pattern, because "it couldn't hurt". You do know that the Lord lays cowards down with the women and children killed in war (that probably includes all those babies that were aborted, crying non-stop), don't you. If you won't stand up for truth, it is going to be a fitful rest for you, until judgement day. All you are doing is encouraging more people to enter the "handout cycle". They will never have any pride or self worth in their own work. They will never know how much their children could accomplish (many will choose the path of their "parent"). They are indoctrinated in envy, deceit, and theft. What a good life you are wishing on millions.

"Double"?

C'mon. Furthermore, you are talking about a separate issue.

Do you think "healthcare" is free? Are you suggesting that doctors and nurses that dedicate themselves to school and discipline should have their pay "set" by government? Do you think they should be "forced" to administer care? Are you okay with "slavery"?

Breast feeding is inconvenient when you are trying to work a job. Despite what you think, it's not always a matter of personal convenience.

You are suggesting that young mothers below the poverty line would use breast pumps. My point was: if they are below the poverty line, they are probably not working, and it would be more "convenient" for them to nurse than it would be for them to pump. If they are working, they are probably not in the type of work that the employer would "allow" them time to "pump".

Forum List

Back