Now I Know How Christians Feel

11949558_949358258443080_3191706073313579713_n.jpg

When they are mocked for their religious beliefs.

Most of you know that I am a Muslim. I am a non practicing Muslim, and am not majorly devout, however, I have held my faith for a good 6 years now.

In my city, the council passed a motion to build a mosque, which will accommodate the Muslims in the city, who currently have to cram into a tiny little room that the university has kindly allowed them use of when they wish to pray.

On Saturday, there was a rally against this proposed mosque, and a counter rally in support of it. I attended the counter rally, and was horrified by the hatred shown toward those who just want to allow Muslims their own special place of worship.

Back at work, I discovered that my 'friends', who were also very much opposed to the mosque, bitching and complaining that 'those people want to take over the world', and 'they messed up their own country, now they want to screw up ours', and just making jokes about how when the mosque is built, we won't be allowed to serve bacon anymore.

As well as questioning why I wanted the mosque built (none of their business), their attitude toward Muslims appalled me. They don't know that while they make fun of Muslims, they are actually making fun of me. When they say they don't want Muslims in the city, does that mean they wouldn't want me, someone who has lived here for all my 32 years?

As someone who is too scared to openly show my faith, or even learn more about it for fear my faith will be discovered by those who will mock it, I can certainly understand how Christians feel when they are jeered and mocked for their beliefs.
While most of the so called Christians who attended the rally on Saturday are certainly not Christians (Jesus would be appalled at their hatred), there are many who have shown that they are ready to welcome in people of all faiths, which is pleasing - its a lot of loud mouthed fools that just make it so hard for me to feel welcome.

Today I have never felt so rejected and unwanted. I cannot imagine what Christians have had to deal with when they cop shit from atheists.

How do you guys manage to deal with the hatred?

I don't. I give it to God and He gives me more of His love.

Most of you know that I am a Muslim. I am a non practicing Muslim, and am not majorly devout, however, I have held my faith for a good 6 years now.

In my city, the council passed a motion to build a mosque, which will accommodate the Muslims in the city, who currently have to cram into a tiny little room that the university has kindly allowed them use of when they wish to pray.

On Saturday, there was a rally against this proposed mosque, and a counter rally in support of it. I attended the counter rally, and was horrified by the hatred shown toward those who just want to allow Muslims their own special place of worship.

Back at work, I discovered that my 'friends', who were also very much opposed to the mosque, bitching and complaining that 'those people want to take over the world', and 'they messed up their own country, now they want to screw up ours', and just making jokes about how when the mosque is built, we won't be allowed to serve bacon anymore.

As well as questioning why I wanted the mosque built (none of their business), their attitude toward Muslims appalled me. They don't know that while they make fun of Muslims, they are actually making fun of me. When they say they don't want Muslims in the city, does that mean they wouldn't want me, someone who has lived here for all my 32 years?

As someone who is too scared to openly show my faith, or even learn more about it for fear my faith will be discovered by those who will mock it, I can certainly understand how Christians feel when they are jeered and mocked for their beliefs.
While most of the so called Christians who attended the rally on Saturday are certainly not Christians (Jesus would be appalled at their hatred), there are many who have shown that they are ready to welcome in people of all faiths, which is pleasing - its a lot of loud mouthed fools that just make it so hard for me to feel welcome.

Today I have never felt so rejected and unwanted. I cannot imagine what Christians have had to deal with when they cop shit from atheists.

I'll be honest. No one wants Muslims around. Christians certainly dont, Jews don't and us athiests sure don't.

If given a choice would you vote for or hope Islam one day is the main religion of America? So why would anyone want that?

As a quiet minority Muslims are alright. They keep to themselves mostly. Their children are very anti white America but they usually assimilate into America eventually.

I live near Muslim capital Dearborn, mi. They can be very rude to strangers. One thing you never hear a Muslim say is God bless America.

Us athiests get Christians because we grew up with it. We never get along with Jews, mormons, Jehovah's, hell we don't even like born again running around telling everyone their going to hell.

Your religion is exactly where everyone's should be. In the closet.

You should tape them then sue.

The people at my work don't know I'm a liberal athiest. Bfd.

There is a very significant problem with mosques------they like to BLAST something called ADHAN------five times per day---WITH LOUD SPEAKERS--------its really annoying
I'm in Dearborn, mi Muslim capital USA. Never heard them. Yea that would be annoying. Aaaahhhhllllaaaahhh akbarrrr. Aaaahhhllla akkkkbarrrr aaaAhhhhla Akbar. Lalalalal!

You don't even practice. Funny in America Kaitlyn Jenner can come out of the closet but you have to stay in. Lol.

quote-it-is-wonderful-what-god-can-do-with-a-broken-heart-if-he-gets-all-the-pieces-samuel-chadwick-81-81-59.jpg

I'll be honest. No one wants Muslims around. Christians certainly dont, Jews don't and us athiests sure don't.

If given a choice would you vote for or hope Islam one day is the main religion of America? So why would anyone want that?

As a quiet minority Muslims are alright. They keep to themselves mostly. Their children are very anti white America but they usually assimilate into America eventually.

I live near Muslim capital Dearborn, mi. They can be very rude to strangers. One thing you never hear a Muslim say is God bless America.

Us athiests get Christians because we grew up with it. We never get along with Jews, mormons, Jehovah's, hell we don't even like born again running around telling everyone their going to hell.

There is a very significant problem with mosques------they like to BLAST something called ADHAN------five times per day---WITH LOUD SPEAKERS--------its really annoying
I'm in Dearborn, mi Muslim capital USA. Never heard them. Yea that would be annoying. Aaaahhhhllllaaaahhh akbarrrr. Aaaahhhllla akkkkbarrrr aaaAhhhhla Akbar. Lalalalal!

I thought I remembered you saying you lived there before. You get some very cold winters up there, Sealy! That must be difficult with all that snow! I cannot imagine it!

LOL

Mohamed conquered the region by blood.

And Jesus is the Christ. His followers are Christians.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5: 1-5

quote-it-is-wonderful-what-god-can-do-with-a-broken-heart-if-he-gets-all-the-pieces-samuel-chadwick-81-81-59.jpg

I thought I remembered you saying you lived there before. You get some very cold winters up there, Sealy! That must be difficult with all that snow! I cannot imagine it!
My brother lives in Dearborn. For the most Muslims keep to themselves. You hear stories in the news but seems for the most people are just people.

I live on a lake so 4 months are awesome. Spring and fall are amazing too. So we have January to March that suck. Three months of hibernation. But not this year! My bro bought property up north so I'm buying a quad runner. Now when winterfest is happening on the lake I have a ride out to the party/bar. Without a quad or snowmobile or 4x4 truck its not fun. Now it will be.

It's colder in Canada and Alaska. In Michigan we gotta look at it that way.

LOL

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

How many times did you read that in your life?

LOL

So did Christian and Jews. Learn human history
Who did Jesus kill..................hmm
His cult started a holy war. Look how you fear Muslims taking over. How do you think the Jews felt. Blasphemy!
CULT......................

DId you sacrifice a chicken before posting that.....................

LOL

What does that matter?
Does it change the message?

LOL

So did Christian and Jews. Learn human history
Who did Jesus kill..................hmm
His cult started a holy war. Look how you fear Muslims taking over. How do you think the Jews felt. Blasphemy!
CULT......................

DId you sacrifice a chicken before posting that.....................
A story spread by 11 guys is a cult. Churches didn't rise up around where Jesus was resurrected. The 11 went abroad and told the story to gullible non Jews or gentiles. Greeks for example swallowed it.

Not as hard as the jewish faith to join either. No test. Just believe the story and dunk. Don't even have to read or know the details and your dumb ass is saved hallelujah

LOL

What does that matter?
Does it change the message?
If you take out the lies its a beautiful message. Love thy neighbor and love thyself. Cool

Forum List

Back