Now I Know How Christians Feel

When they are mocked for their religious beliefs.

Most of you know that I am a Muslim. I am a non practicing Muslim, and am not majorly devout, however, I have held my faith for a good 6 years now.

In my city, the council passed a motion to build a mosque, which will accommodate the Muslims in the city, who currently have to cram into a tiny little room that the university has kindly allowed them use of when they wish to pray.

On Saturday, there was a rally against this proposed mosque, and a counter rally in support of it. I attended the counter rally, and was horrified by the hatred shown toward those who just want to allow Muslims their own special place of worship.

Back at work, I discovered that my 'friends', who were also very much opposed to the mosque, bitching and complaining that 'those people want to take over the world', and 'they messed up their own country, now they want to screw up ours', and just making jokes about how when the mosque is built, we won't be allowed to serve bacon anymore.

As well as questioning why I wanted the mosque built (none of their business), their attitude toward Muslims appalled me. They don't know that while they make fun of Muslims, they are actually making fun of me. When they say they don't want Muslims in the city, does that mean they wouldn't want me, someone who has lived here for all my 32 years?

As someone who is too scared to openly show my faith, or even learn more about it for fear my faith will be discovered by those who will mock it, I can certainly understand how Christians feel when they are jeered and mocked for their beliefs.
While most of the so called Christians who attended the rally on Saturday are certainly not Christians (Jesus would be appalled at their hatred), there are many who have shown that they are ready to welcome in people of all faiths, which is pleasing - its a lot of loud mouthed fools that just make it so hard for me to feel welcome.

Today I have never felt so rejected and unwanted. I cannot imagine what Christians have had to deal with when they cop shit from atheists.

How do you guys manage to deal with the hatred?
When you go before your god and he asks you if you lived by the teachings of Mohammad what are you going to say? "Kinda."? You gave your soul to a god who does not take kindly to casual obedience. And you're a female. Ouchy.

you believed that sob story??? Were you born yesterday?
In the cross-hairs of the Jew and the Muslim. God protect me. :eusa_shifty:

DAMN-----you ruined the dialogue-----she was doing Dawah for Christians script. There is DAWAH for Christians and
Dawah for Jews I know both well. I was usually assumed
to be a Christian-----so I got Dawah for Christians-------but silly kid that was and have been-----eventually I gave myself away
They probably are trying to build a mosque. These days the faithful far and wide are working extra hard to demonstrate they follow the teachings.

There are LOTS of places where mosques can be built and are
built------in lots of THOSE places----Buddhist temples and
churches and synagogues and hindu temples CANNOT be
build no matter how many people from those creeds happen
to live nearby. There should be a kind of universal
principle for the whole planet

Why would anybody actually WANT to be a muslim? Do they like being oppressed or something?

Silly----they WANT to be the oppressors

So do christians.

As I wrote elsewhere, they want control of our most basic rights, our most personal lives. Birth control, abortion, marriage, sex -- If between consenting adults, ALL religions need to butt out.

MYOB

Why would anybody actually WANT to be a muslim? Do they like being oppressed or something?

Silly----they WANT to be the oppressors

So do christians.

As I wrote elsewhere, they want control of our most basic rights, our most personal lives. Birth control, abortion, marriage, sex -- If between consenting adults, ALL religions need to butt out.

MYOB

A whole different thing------lots of Christians want "CHRISTIAN VALUES" to be the values of the society----
but Islamic law does not only render Islamic values the law of
the land -----it renders muslims the actual RULERS over all non muslims. IT IS AN INSTANTANEOUS BOOST IN ONE'S CIVIL STATUS ----simply on conversion to islam.
Muslims can do things non muslims are not permitted----lots of
things, The status of muslims over non muslims is so
MARKED that there have been times when conversion to islam had to be suspended so as not to LOSE THE LOW CASTE people in various shariah countries

When you go before your god and he asks you if you lived by the teachings of Mohammad what are you going to say? "Kinda."? You gave your soul to a god who does not take kindly to casual obedience. And you're a female. Ouchy.

DAMN-----you ruined the dialogue-----she was doing Dawah for Christians script. There is DAWAH for Christians and
to be a Christian-----so I got Dawah for Christians-------but silly kid that was and have been-----eventually I gave myself away
They probably are trying to build a mosque. These days the faithful far and wide are working extra hard to demonstrate they follow the teachings.

Ya, one God, one Temple. ;)

Most of you know that I am a Muslim. I am a non practicing Muslim, and am not majorly devout, however, I have held my faith for a good 6 years now.

In my city, the council passed a motion to build a mosque, which will accommodate the Muslims in the city, who currently have to cram into a tiny little room that the university has kindly allowed them use of when they wish to pray.

On Saturday, there was a rally against this proposed mosque, and a counter rally in support of it. I attended the counter rally, and was horrified by the hatred shown toward those who just want to allow Muslims their own special place of worship.

Back at work, I discovered that my 'friends', who were also very much opposed to the mosque, bitching and complaining that 'those people want to take over the world', and 'they messed up their own country, now they want to screw up ours', and just making jokes about how when the mosque is built, we won't be allowed to serve bacon anymore.

As well as questioning why I wanted the mosque built (none of their business), their attitude toward Muslims appalled me. They don't know that while they make fun of Muslims, they are actually making fun of me. When they say they don't want Muslims in the city, does that mean they wouldn't want me, someone who has lived here for all my 32 years?

As someone who is too scared to openly show my faith, or even learn more about it for fear my faith will be discovered by those who will mock it, I can certainly understand how Christians feel when they are jeered and mocked for their beliefs.
While most of the so called Christians who attended the rally on Saturday are certainly not Christians (Jesus would be appalled at their hatred), there are many who have shown that they are ready to welcome in people of all faiths, which is pleasing - its a lot of loud mouthed fools that just make it so hard for me to feel welcome.

Today I have never felt so rejected and unwanted. I cannot imagine what Christians have had to deal with when they cop shit from atheists.

The City council voted to use taxpayer money to build a Mosque?

Talk about the establishment of religion. I assume the ACLU is providing free legal support for the venture?

The City council voted to use taxpayer money to build a Mosque?

Talk about the establishment of religion. I assume the ACLU is providing free legal support for the venture?

I missed where she said the city will use taxpayer funds. Could you please show me where that is?

Also, it should be noted that, unless Noomi has moved, this is not the United States.

Noomi - am I wrong? Is this the US?

I missed where she said the city will use taxpayer funds. Could you please show me where that is?

Reading comprehension has never been your strong point.

{In my city, the council passed a motion to build a mosque, which will accommodate the Muslims in the city, who currently have to cram into a tiny little room that the university has kindly allowed them use of when they wish to pray.}

If the city council is building it, that is the government sponsor of religion.

Also, it should be noted that, unless Noomi has moved, this is not the United States.

No idea, the use of City Council seemed to imply American.

Noomi....................whatever floats your boat in this country....................If that is your faith then believe as you want to believe................Just don't go Jihadist on us...............

Given the state of the world, and the barbarism going on in the middle east and terrorist attacks................people will always be wary of those of the Muslim faith. It is human nature to do so...............as they never know which one will be the one that wants to kill and maim...................

Don't go 7th Century on us..................

Ya, one God, one Temple. ;)

HELL NO-----you want to stick the black rock up there?

{In my city, the council passed a motion to build a mosque, which will accommodate the Muslims in the city, who currently have to cram into a tiny little room that the university has kindly allowed them use of when they wish to pray.}

Are you sure that isn't the city council voting to allow zoning for a mosque? They have to do that here for all buildings.....religious or otherwise, usually due to access, parking, traffic, etc.

Are you sure that isn't the city council voting to allow zoning for a mosque? They have to do that here for all buildings.....religious or otherwise, usually due to access, parking, traffic, etc.

People in the USA -----at least in my city in the USA----and in the little town of my childhood in the USA-----can OBJECT to
the building of a building ----near them. I did a battle once
against a building------abutting my backyard-----the plan would have made the new building TOO CLOSE-----I won----sorta----a little. Uhm----but a distance------YAAAAAAYYYY People can object to the building of a new house of worship for a whole bunch of reasons------traffic, noise, parking-----etc etc

I'll be honest. No one wants Muslims around. Christians certainly dont, Jews don't and us athiests sure don't.

If given a choice would you vote for or hope Islam one day is the main religion of America? So why would anyone want that?

As a quiet minority Muslims are alright. They keep to themselves mostly. Their children are very anti white America but they usually assimilate into America eventually.

I live near Muslim capital Dearborn, mi. They can be very rude to strangers. One thing you never hear a Muslim say is God bless America.

Us athiests get Christians because we grew up with it. We never get along with Jews, mormons, Jehovah's, hell we don't even like born again running around telling everyone their going to hell.

Your religion is exactly where everyone's should be. In the closet.

You should tape them then sue.

The people at my work don't know I'm a liberal athiest. Bfd.

The only difference is, it is the kristians that are protesting the building of mosques. You can't build your house on their 'territory'.

I'm sure they are praying for jesus to 'smite them'. Or some such thing.

Welcome to bigot-town USA. And make sure you hang a fake picture of jesus on the wall or it will mean all of western civilization is ending.

Her religion is slaughtering people all over the globe but she just has no clue why people arent happy to have jihadis in their neighborhood

All this bitching about how awful Christians are for opposing a Mosque................as the ISIS is performing Genocide on Christians in the middle east..........

tsk tsk..............get over it........................we don't want what they are getting in Europe as they demand Sharia there.....and that is where it will head in this country as well.......primarily with immigrants and not Noomi..........

It sucks. I know.
And I'm sorry that you feel attacked for your faith.

( I didn't know you were Muslim. I just knew we rarely agree on anything :D )

As far as "how do 'we' deal with the attacks"?
Personally, just the opposite of how you seem to be approaching it.
Don't be ashamed.

Now I don't know what your Koran teaches you about pride on love for God, but my Bible teaches me to be unashamed of my love for Christ.....that HE is where I get my strength.
In the situation you describe I would be compelled to tell my co-workers of my faith.
Me reward is well worth dealing with any harsh treatment I may receive from them for telling them of my faith.
'Blessed is he that is persecuted for my name's sake'
Does your faith tell you anything similar?

I'll be honest. No one wants Muslims around. Christians certainly dont, Jews don't and us athiests sure don't.

If given a choice would you vote for or hope Islam one day is the main religion of America? So why would anyone want that?

As a quiet minority Muslims are alright. They keep to themselves mostly. Their children are very anti white America but they usually assimilate into America eventually.

I live near Muslim capital Dearborn, mi. They can be very rude to strangers. One thing you never hear a Muslim say is God bless America.

Us athiests get Christians because we grew up with it. We never get along with Jews, mormons, Jehovah's, hell we don't even like born again running around telling everyone their going to hell.

Your religion is exactly where everyone's should be. In the closet.

You should tape them then sue.

The people at my work don't know I'm a liberal athiest. Bfd.

There is a very significant problem with mosques------they like to BLAST something called ADHAN------five times per day---WITH LOUD SPEAKERS--------its really annoying

It's an honor.

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
-Mark 13:13

Yes, it is an honor and it is also something to be glad and rejoice about! It means there is a great reward in heaven for us, Pete! Your post made me so happy I could dance right now!

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Matthew 5:11-12

Forum List

Back