Notre Dame

You Don't understand the connection between the hunchback of Notre Dame and ringing bells?

I did not understand what meant "for food" in this context. Meanwhile I have another problem. Victor Hugo lived in the 19th century 1802-1885. He interpreted in his book "Notre Dame" the 15th century. In the 19th century the people spoke often a lot of nonsense about former times of history.

View attachment 256587

I don't know what this means.

Here in the US a homeless guy standing by the road with a sign like that is not an uncommon sight. He is begging for money.

Got it. He lives houseless, is hungry and offers to work for food. Victor Hugo made out of "him" a broken hungry creature of the 15th century ringing the bells for food in Notre Dame. Now lost Notre Dame her "house" and is not a home any longer. ...

Quasimoto was EMPLOYED (sorta) by the church----he was not a "BEGGAR"

I did not understand what meant "for food" in this context. Meanwhile I have another problem. Victor Hugo lived in the 19th century 1802-1885. He interpreted in his book "Notre Dame" the 15th century. In the 19th century the people spoke often a lot of nonsense about former times of history.

View attachment 256587

Here in the US a homeless guy standing by the road with a sign like that is not an uncommon sight. He is begging for money.

Got it. He lives houseless, is hungry and offers to work for food. Victor Hugo made out of "him" a broken hungry creature of the 15th century ringing the bells for food in Notre Dame. Now lost Notre Dame her "house" and is not a home any longer. ...

Jesus you people!!!

If you have to explain a joke 37 friggin' times it ain't funny no more!!!

View attachment 256587

Quasimodo never existed. He was the idea of Victor Hugo. Nevertheless the holy catholic church practiced "inclusion" since the church is existing. So this idea was plausible. But as far as I can see he made also a manipulated monster out of his idea of a physically handicaped and mentally retarded bell ringer of Notre Dame. I don't know how Victor Hugo solved this dilemma. Walt Disney made a very wonderful film about Esmeralda. The problem what Walt Disney had produced was to see in normal beliefers in god only superficial vainly ignorants, who bother god with always the same stupid ego-centralized prayings. A typical problem of the idea "individualism", but the mass are individuals too. Some critics of this point of view see a "divide and rule"-principle in a form of ideological individualism. They critizise single persons are easily to break. On the other side is the christian point of view "everyone is a child of god" - in this case it's indeed the mass, who are individuals - and not easily to break, as long as respect for other people and their ways to god exists too. Nevertheless I share with Walt Disneys "Esmeralda" the idea "I ask for nothing" and "god help the outcasts". A wonderful prayer.

Last edited:
Would it be fair to say that the Cathedral of Notre Dame is the second most significant (or important) Roman Catholic Church in the world - second to St Peter's in Rome?
St Peters founded by those who ignored the wishes of their professed inspiration .
Chartres because of what is also hidden within it .

Some would argue, the two most evil public places on the planet . Albeit presented fabulously .

St Peters founded by those who ignored the wishes of their professed inspiration .
Chartres because of what is also hidden within it .

Some would argue, the two most evil public places on the planet . Albeit presented fabulously .

Your most evil place in this world here is the place where you stand.

Congrats France, Congrats Paris - the situation now is much more better than it had been five years ago. I heard you made a wonder by reconstructing Notre Dame. God may shield you in peace and wealth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back