Notre Dame

Would it be fair to say that the Cathedral of Notre Dame is the second most significant (or important) Roman Catholic Church in the world - second to St Peter's in Rome?

What about the Church of the Holy Sepulchre?

What would be the top five?

What would be the ramifications if an Islamic terror group claimed "credit" for starting the current fire?

Oy woy! Don't even want to think about it.

By 3/28 10 Catholic churches in France had been nailed.

Vandals, arsonists target French Catholic churches

I'd say the media was afraid to really cover this. We could actually be talking about something we didn't get their permission to do.

It's the beginning of the Holy Week, interestingly.

What are your thoughts on it?

I haven't been following the story except for the little I've read online, but unlike 99% of the people here, I would say that IF it was intentional (which it may not be, but IF it was) my bet is that it's another instigated event by certain powers behind the scenes, to pit groups against eachother, anger people and to justify more perpetual war, or maybe to take us closer to WWIII.

But I know that's an unpopular opinion around here. :rolleyes:

Well, we've seen over a dozen French churches vandalized in a single week. The church of Saint-Sulpice a couple of weeks ago was ruled an arson incident. Emphasis added here.

And this isn't even including all of the other incidents world-wide, including here in America.

I've not really thought it through. I'll say this, though. Society would do well to better own and protect its traditions. This includes Europe and the west in general. Western society and particularly western leadership have basically turned their backs on the things that made western civilization what it is. One might even go so far as to contend that we're seeing them destroy it. You see?

If one wanted to strike a significant blow to not only France but western tradition itself there's no more symbolic a structure than Notre Dame. Whether diliberate or an accident, the events are very symbolic of what I mentioned about not owning and protecting one's history and culture and guarding traditions.

While there are many, most in fact, who are saddened by this, I suspect that there are those who are also rejoicing while these monuments burn to the ground. We're effectively witnessing the destruction of tradition. Surely you'd agree with that statement. Right?

If there's anything to take away from this it's likely this. We've been warned. Protect your traditions. Or to say it country simple, use it or lose it.

Last edited:
Notre Dame decent building inhabited by very wicked clergy.

An astonishing hate in the eyes of a burning Cathedral. Never any Catholic - also not any monk or priest - did do to you anything bad in your whole life, isn't it? And now you use your torch - ah sorry: your tongue - for the next attack.

Last edited:
Ya know, sometimes, shit just happens.

Its a loss for all of humanity. Doesn't have to be anything nefarious about it.

Though, I'm going to laugh if someone makes a Quasimodo meme of, "Will ring bells for food".

Yeah, I'm an asshole and going to hell...
Here ya go, save me a seat.
2yvb3c.jpg

Though, I'm going to laugh if someone makes a Quasimodo meme of, "Will ring bells for food".

Here ya go, save me a seat.View attachment 256440

Are you able to explain to me what the picture here says?

"Those who fail to learn from History, probably aren't doing well in Math or Science either".

-- P.J. O'Rourke

Well after all, it was Quasimodo's job. :)

You would start a war over a fire ?

They started a Holocaust over one.

Reichstag_fire_1933_small.jpg

Over a false flag. Too bad people either don't know history, or don't learn from it.

The Commies and/or the Nazis burned down the parliament in Berlin. This allowed Hitler to rule with emergency decrees. And this destroyed the democracy of Weimar and created a dictatorship called "The Third Empire": One of the worst results of the Third Empire was the Holocaust. Context with Notre Dame?

Last edited:

To ring the bells for food? ... I imagine now he ringed the bells and inhabitants of Paris brought food for the soup kitchen for the poor people of Paris.

Last edited:

To ring the bells for food? ... I imagine now he ringed the bells and inhabitants of Paris brought food for the soup kitchen for the poor people of Paris.

Have you ever read the Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo?

Forum List

Back