Not supporting the war BUT supporting our troops

Abbey Normal said:
That's three posts now where you (xen) have told us that if we "knew who you were", we wouldn't talk to you this way.
You seem to be begging for this question, so here you go:
"So, tell us, who are you, Xen?"
I didnt really mean that as a threat. Just saying that if you knew me as a person, and not faceless internet/conspiracy/liberal/nutball/retard/etc, you would be more respectful.

xen said:
I didnt really mean that as a threat. Just saying that if you knew me as a person, and not faceless internet/conspiracy/liberal/nutball/retard/etc, you would be more respectful.
Why? You are more logical in person?

You need a chatroom. to answer your question, I duno if im more logical. but i know i would be treated like a person and not a liberal for the forum to focus all its hate on.

xen said:
You need a chatroom. to answer your question, I duno if im more logical. but i know i would be treated like a person and not a liberal for the forum to focus all its hate on.
The by jove man, demonstrate that.

xen said:

I didn't take it as a threat. I took it as you believe you are someone important or special, and if we knew who you were, as you put it, we would respect you because of it.

I think it is true that on the whole, people are nicer face-to-face than they are over the Internet. Is that all you are trying to say?

Speaking strictly from my experience on here with you, I don't care if your views are different from mine, but I would respect you more if you weren't so crass in expressing them. Capice?

:dance: I think we should all just dance now.

No, seriously though, Xen, the way you presented the "you don't know me" statement made it sound like you were basically saying "Don't fuck with me because you don't know me", maybe not as harsh, but you get my drift.

xen said:

Quit acting like the liberal you claim to not be, pointing a finger at everyone else. Point it at the dude in the mirror. I have treated you in a manner befitting your behavior. If you wish to be treated differently, act differently.

xen said:

Oh, poor you. Maybe people would like you if you weren't such a commie?

xen said:
If you all knew me you would NOT talk to me that way, you woulnt even consider it. If you did, you would be running in the other direction by the time you were finished.

So why would anyone run in the other direction then? It would be more classy to apologize for your e-threat than to try to backtrack from it.

So xen, it`s safe to say then, you DON`T support the war, but your behine the troops?

How far behine, just far enough so your out of harms way?

Far enough so your thought of as PC?

Far enough, so later, you can say, "I supported the troops"?

It`s two faced, and you know it.

Ya been busted, fess up, and admit it.

You are one sorry, confused, and two faced individual.

Grow up........................... :moon4:

So xen, it`s safe to say then, you DON`T support the war, but your behine the troops?

How far behine, just far enough so your out of harms way?

Far enough, so later, you can say, "I supported the troops"?

It`s two faced, and you know it.

Ya been busted, fess up, and admit it.

You are one sorry, confused, and two faced individual.

Blind allegiance to a failing policy doesn't make you patriotic, it makes you stubborn. I support the idea of bringing our troops home so that they can actually enjoy their American freedoms and live in a place where they can see their families and keep the use of all their limbs. How's that for supporting our troops?

Hagbard Celine said:
Blind allegiance to a failing policy doesn't make you patriotic, it makes you stubborn. I support the idea of bringing our troops home so that they can actually enjoy their American freedoms and live in a place where they can see their families and keep the use of all their limbs. How's that for supporting our troops?

Whoa there fellow poster, if supporting the troops in the way you outline, puts you in your "comfort zone", have at it.

My point is, your confused, and aren`t supporting our troops at all.

Do I think you`ll understand? No, I don`t.

Do I think I`ll change your mind? No, I don`t.

Will I even TRY to change your mind? No, I won`t.

Hagbard Celine said:

one question:

what would it take for you to change your mind?

trobinett said:
Ya, thats right.
Honestly I have NEVER wondered if ANYONE was PC or not, including myself.

I think YOU and most of your side dont support the troops.
Defending an administration that does NOT need your support. They have an army of trial lawyers for that.
Inadvertently supporting torturous dictatorships around the world, uzbekistan and the sauds for example.
You obviously wouldnt support the troops if they are in an illegal war. I support them in any situation.

Hagbard Celine said:
Blind allegiance to a failing policy doesn't make you patriotic, it makes you stubborn.
It makes them worse than that. More like, unamerican! Our true spirit is rebellious.

one question:

what would it take for you to change your mind?

What I think doesn't matter, because the fact is that our guys are going to have to stay in Iraq until the Iraqis can take over the job of providing security for themselves. Until that day, however far down the road it may be, our guys are going to have to deal with living and working in a nightmare.

Hagbard Celine said:
What I think doesn't matter, because the fact is that our guys are going to have to stay in Iraq until the Iraqis can take over the job of providing security for themselves. Until that day, however far down the road it may be, our guys are going to have to deal with living and working in a nightmare.

no really what would it take for bush and co. to do that would change your mind and support him?

xen said:

no i wouldn't

Forum List

Back