Not "me v you"

The country is not broken at all. Its government is and has been.

And if your thesis is that Dims and Republicans share the blame for that, you are finally speaking coherently, rationally and correctly.

But the majority part of the blame DOES go to those (mostly modern day liberal Americans) who decline to place stock in the Constitutional LIMITS imposed on the federal government. They deride the very notion.

Even as I mention it again, the usual suspects are quivering in rage and frustration that they can't shout me down with the standard refrain: "but the GOP does it too." That's true. But it's not an answer.

The Tea Party is trying to reform the GOP (and our government). By contrast, liberal Democratics are more than content to continue with business as usual.

Not a chance. the nation has been going to hell because of the hard right ripping up the constitution to reign in their corporatist fascism.

The tea party was nothing but a fraud to rally votes from the most ignorant of americans. The tea party once coming into office voted almost unanimously for the renewal of the huge government and anti constitution patriot act (most dems voted against it), they also voted overwhelmingly in favor of the huge government NDAA, as well as refusing to cut a dime of their insane spending which caused the nation's credit to be downgraded. If the tea party were truly for "less government! less spending! pro constitution!" they never in a million years voted the way they did.

Today's GOP/tea party does not have a care in the world about anything but the rich and their corporate cronies. The constitution and lady liberty are nothing but garbage to them.

Last edited:
This country has survived worse than 2012. From a historic perspective, we're actually doing considerably better than we have at many periods of time. For instance, no one has shot the secretary of the treasury in a duel recently. We aren't involved in a civil war. There's no slavery. No Indian folks walking the trail of tears, either. Our violent crime rate is at the lowest levels since 1978.

Having a hard time figuring out what we should all be panicking and gnashing our teeth about.

We're currently entrenched in two hostile-fire zones. Iraq and Afghanistan. The Sudan, Egypt, Iraq, Libya, and several other countries are conducting ethnic cleansing but it's not in the news because the folks being murdered are Christians.

College students and Army officers are opening up and murdering dozens of innocents just because they hate, or God told them to do it. Black racists are putting up million dollar bounties for people, dead or alive, and nobody does anything about. The DOJ instead wants to stop states from cleaning up their voter rolls. Our president is spilling secrets, is openly making up lies about his opposition, getting called on it and doubling down on the lies with more lies. Consumer confidence is in the crapper, the economy is contracting, the value of the dollar sinking like a rock, our government is broken and just plain broke............but other than that every things great.

Last edited:
Blame might be the wrong word, but assessing what the problems are and how they came to be is imnportant in understanding the problem and how to fix it.

Government's tendency to create dependency with entitlement programs, inequality where there should be opportunity, no balanced budgets on an annual basis, not limiting terms so we get fresher ideas and less influence peddling and a Constitutional amendment requiring bills before Congress to be of only one subject with no unrelated amendments.

Concentrated power corrupts.

Would you start a thread on "The major problem we are confronting," please?

No. But you should feel free to go that route if you think it's meritorious.

Or, even if you don't.

Okay, you said this.
But as bad as that problem is, it's not the major problem we are confronting. Not nearly.

So. Sir. What do you believe is the major problem we are confronting, because I, Sir, am no telepath.

You are not obligated to be a telepath to have your own notions of the serious problems this nation faces.

We have a government that feels utterly unconstrained by the limits imposed on it by the Constitution. That's the main problem. We are confronted by major CONSEQUENCES which flow from that problem. And the consequences are pretty dire and huge problems in their own right.

For example, we have a debt problem that goes almost unmentioned. We bandy about a fictional debt number. Let's round it off and pretend it's ONLY 15 TRILLION dollars. That's a lie. It is closer to maybe ten TIMES that large.

Are you aware of the real nature of our debt problem and why the real figure is so much bigger than the already huge number we often use?

Do you not perceive any relationship between that problem and the MAIN problem I spoke of earlier?

Last edited:

And if your thesis is that Dims and Republicans share the blame for that, you are finally speaking coherently, rationally and correctly.

But the majority part of the blame DOES go to those (mostly modern day liberal Americans) who decline to place stock in the Constitutional LIMITS imposed on the federal government. They deride the very notion.

Even as I mention it again, the usual suspects are quivering in rage and frustration that they can't shout me down with the standard refrain: "but the GOP does it too." That's true. But it's not an answer.

The Tea Party is trying to reform the GOP (and our government). By contrast, liberal Democratics are more than content to continue with business as usual.

Not a chance. the nation has been going to hell because of hard right wing policies ripping up the constitution to reign in their corporatist fascism.

Today's GOP does not have a care in he world about anything but the rich and their corporate cronies. The constitution and lady liberty are nothing but garbage to them.

Looks like a lot of name calling, which I assumed was not allowed in this section. Excellent opportunity for the mods to show us what this section is all about.

Not a chance. the nation has been going to hell

In what ways do you believe the nation has gone to hell? Please quantify your subjective opinion. It's difficult to discuss the deep serious if the proponents of that paradigm can't specifically describe what the phrase means.

Not a chance. the nation has been going to hell because of hard right wing policies ripping up the constitution to reign in their corporatist fascism.

Today's GOP does not have a care in he world about anything but the rich and their corporate cronies. The constitution and lady liberty are nothing but garbage to them.

Looks like a lot of name calling, which I assumed was not allowed in this section. Excellent opportunity for the mods to show us what this section is all about.

Report what you perceive to be name-calling, and that will help form what is and is not acceptable on this board. :thup:

Backing it with some facts would be nice too. I really don't see any difference between this forum and a regular one. It took a few more posts before it was trolled.

Not a chance. the nation has been going to hell because of hard right ripping up the constitution to reign in their corporatist fascism.

The tea party was nothing but a fraud to rally votes from the most ignorant of americans. The tea party once coming into office voted almost unanimously for the renewal of the huge government and anti constitution patriot act (most dems voted against it), they also voted overwhelmingly in favor of the huge government NDAA, as well as refusing to cut a dime of their insane spending which caused the nation's credit to be downgraded. If the tea party were truly for "less government! less spending! pro constitution!" they never in a million years voted the way they did.

Today's GOP/tea party does not have a care in the world about anything but the rich and their corporate cronies. The constitution and lady liberty are nothing but garbage to them.
Where to start:

Define and describe "hard right ripping up the constitution [sic]"

Define how that compare and/or contrasts to Democrat's constitutional actual insults?

Describe how the former "reigns in corporate fascism"

Define and describe what "corporate fascism" is.

Let's just get through that first sentence, then move on from there.

This country is in Deep Serious because the government is broken.

This is a subjective opinion. Please quantify it. In what ways is this country in "Deep Serious," and in what way do you consider the government broken? From what I can observe, the 3 branches of government appear to be functioning as designed.

Not quite. We appear to have a president that circumvents the congress by executive order in recent months.

President Again Circumvents Congress to Implement Immigration Executive Order

http://www.texasinsider.org/?p=64144

Obama circumvents Congress to make appointments
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/04/nation/la-na-obama-cordray-20120105

Last edited:

Not a chance. the nation has been going to hell because of hard right ripping up the constitution to reign in their corporatist fascism.

Where to start:

Define how that compare and/or contrasts to Democrat's constitutional actual insults?

Ron Paul can give you a quick lesson/explanation :up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvl_hQ80ZNQ]Ron Paul on NBC: U.S. Moving Toward "Soft Fascism" - YouTube[/ame]

Please tell me what part of the things just posted said by Black_Label is of any value in an honest debate?
The meaning of "debate" apparently is now debatable.

:lmao:

Please tell me what part of the things just posted said by Black_Label is of any value in an honest debate?

Every word of it. If you don't or can't refute to any of the facts I've stated, please move on :up:

I have a fact I'd like you to state...

Please tell us what specific policy, initiative, action, law, etc. Obama put in place, is responsible for the pathetic job growth you give Obama credit for. Name the policy, and cite HOW specifically it affects job growth.

Where to start:

Ron Paul can give you a quick lesson/explanation :up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvl_hQ80ZNQ]Ron Paul on NBC: U.S. Moving Toward "Soft Fascism" - YouTube[/ame]
I am not 'debating' Ron Paul, now am I?

I asked YOU.

Now, if you can't articulate what you mean, then I understand and your statements mean nothing - cheap talk, nothing more.

Every word of it. If you don't or can't refute to any of the facts I've stated, please move on :up:

Please tell us what specific policy, initiative, action, law, etc. Obama put in place, is responsible for the pathetic job growth you give Obama credit for. Name the policy, and cite HOW specifically it affects job growth.

Excellent post.

BDBoop, we have a troll on the forum. Enough said.

It might take a moment for this thing to shake out properly. You can't give up at the first bump.

Heck, even I went back to do some edits.

Who's giving up? I'll wait for the mods to prove whether this is a clean forum or not. There aren't that many threads in here, so you'd think a heavily moderated forum could get a fast response time.

Excellent post.

He will ignore or otherwise avoid a direct answer.

Forum List

Back