Not "me v you"

There seems to be indications from Obama that this unemployment level is now normal and should be accepted as such. He may be right as the stimulus and QE have effectively slowed the economy long term.

I have a fact I'd like you to state...

Please tell us what specific policy, initiative, action, law, etc. Obama put in place, is responsible for the pathetic job growth you give Obama credit for. Name the policy, and cite HOW specifically it affects job growth.

Excellent post.

He will ignore or otherwise avoid a direct answer.

C'est la vie. Still an excellent post. I need guidelines. I never took debate, didn't go to college.

I'm here to learn.

Obama stands as more of a symbol of what is wrong with government. He came with an attitude of hope, change and tranparency. Amazing how quickly all of that can be dashed.

Please tell me what part of the things just posted said by Black_Label is of any value in an honest debate?

Every word of it. If you don't or can't refute to any of the facts I've stated, please move on :up:

Please tell us what specific policy, initiative, action, law, etc. Obama put in place, is responsible for the pathetic job growth you give Obama credit for. Name the policy, and cite HOW specifically it affects job growth.

After losing 3/4 of a million jobs a month under W and the GOP, the worst the nation has ever seen next to the great depression, to creating 28 straight months of positive job creation and 4.5 million jobs, I'd hardly call that pathetic.
Much of the near instant bounce back in jobs was from W simply being out of office and a democrat at the helm. Obama's stimulus package also was quite successful and holds most the credit. Obama has done other things as well such as the "hire heroes act" to give struggling veterans much better opportunities to find employment.
If it wasn't for GOP obstruction, the unemployment numbers would likely be significantly lower by now, but all in all considering, Obama has been doing a pretty damn good job.

Now tell me, what has the GOP/tea party done for job creation? I remember the GOP/tea party in 2010's main chant was "Job creation is #1!" So where are those jobs? :eusa_think:

Last edited:
Every word of it. If you don't or can't refute to any of the facts I've stated, please move on :up:

After losing 3/4 of a million jobs a month under W and the GOP, the worst the nation has ever seen next to the great depression, to creating 28 straight months of positive job creation and 4.5 million jobs, I'd hardly call that pathetic.
Much of the near instant bounce back in jobs was from W simply being out of office and a democrat at the helm. Obama's stimulus package also was quite successful and holds most the credit. Obama has done other things as well such as the "hire heroes act" to give struggling veterans much better opportunities to find employment.
If it wasn't for GOP obstruction, the unemployment numbers would likely be significantly lower by now, but all in all considering, Obama has been doing a pretty damn good job.

Now tell me what the GOP has done for job creation. I remember the GOP/tea party in 2010's main chant was "Job creation is #1!" So where are those jobs? :eusa_think:
Do you have ANY facts and/or data to support a thing you have said?

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
The country is not broken at all. Its government is and has been.

And if your thesis is that Dims and Republicans share the blame for that, you are finally speaking coherently, rationally and correctly.

But the majority part of the blame DOES go to those (mostly modern day liberal Americans) who decline to place stock in the Constitutional LIMITS imposed on the federal government. They deride the very notion.

Even as I mention it again, the usual suspects are quivering in rage and frustration that they can't shout me down with the standard refrain: "but the GOP does it too." That's true. But it's not an answer.

The Tea Party is trying to reform the GOP (and our government). By contrast, liberal Democratics are more than content to continue with business as usual.

Not a chance. the nation has been going to hell because of the hard right ripping up the constitution

To assist some people in the distinction between "facts" and "opinions," I would suggest that the highlighted part is mere opinion.

to reign in their corporatist fascism.

Yet more mere opinion. Not a "fact."

The tea party was nothing but a fraud

Not a fact. Just more mere opinion.

to rally votes from the most ignorant of americans.

MORE mere opinion.

The tea party once coming into office voted almost unanimously for the renewal of the huge government and anti constitution patriot act
You guessed it. MORE mere opinion.

(most dems voted against it), they also voted overwhelmingly in favor of the huge government NDAA, as well as refusing to cut a dime of their insane spending which caused the nation's credit to be downgraded.

Yet more mere opinion and anything but factual. Contra-factual, in fact.

If the tea party were truly for "less government! less spending! pro constitution!" they never in a million years voted the way they did.

Mostly mere opinion (even if there happens to be some small kernel of underlying truth or validity to a portion of it).

Today's GOP/tea party does not have a care in the world about anything but the rich and their corporate cronies.

Non factual. Pure mere opinion. Silly, too.

The constitution and lady liberty are nothing but garbage to them.

Pure (erroneous) opinion, but not even remotely factual.

He will ignore or otherwise avoid a direct answer.

C'est la vie. Still an excellent post. I need guidelines. I never took debate, didn't go to college.

I'm here to learn.
I provided you with a link as to what it is.

Also, folks need to learn to distinguish facts from opinions. That's a start. Just posting opinions is not 'debate'.

Where have you been?

Politics is not about debate.... it is ALL about opinion.....

Obama stands as more of a symbol of what is wrong with government. He came with an attitude of hope, change and tranparency. Amazing how quickly all of that can be dashed.

obama never had an attitude of hope, change or transparency, He merely said he did.

And if your thesis is that Dims and Republicans share the blame for that, you are finally speaking coherently, rationally and correctly.

But the majority part of the blame DOES go to those (mostly modern day liberal Americans) who decline to place stock in the Constitutional LIMITS imposed on the federal government. They deride the very notion.

Even as I mention it again, the usual suspects are quivering in rage and frustration that they can't shout me down with the standard refrain: "but the GOP does it too." That's true. But it's not an answer.

The Tea Party is trying to reform the GOP (and our government). By contrast, liberal Democratics are more than content to continue with business as usual.

Not a chance. the nation has been going to hell because of the hard right ripping up the constitution

To assist some people in the distinction between "facts" and "opinions," I would suggest that the highlighted part is mere opinion.

MORE mere opinion.

Mostly mere opinion (even if there happens to be some small kernel of underlying truth or validity to a portion of it).

Today's GOP/tea party does not have a care in the world about anything but the rich and their corporate cronies.

Maybe this needs to be changed to the "Let me post my opinion without being challenged" zone.

Now tell me what the GOP has done for job creation. I remember the GOP/tea party in 2010's main chant was "Job creation is #1!" So where are those jobs? :eusa_think:

It's pretty much common knowledge, I'm surprise you would ask that kind of question :eusa_think: If you for some reason think anything I've posted is not factual, by all means provide me proof it isn't and I'll remove it.

The Democratic led Senate has kept 31 jobs creation bills from reaching the floor. The stimulus package preserved some taching, polic and fire jobs briefly. That is why Obama made the fateful, the private sector is doing well, comment. Now the public sector jobs have fallen due to less revenue for those government agencies. It was a delaying program, not a cure.

I'm here to learn.

Also, folks need to learn to distinguish facts from opinions. That's a start. Just posting opinions is not 'debate'.

Where have you been?

That's the problem, and it stems from folks not being taught better.

Politics USED to be about debate. Now it's about propaganda. And, the change is not challenged because of the failure of public education - no one even knows what critical thought and debate is any longer.

If you're going to treat conservatives different from liberals on this forum, just put it in the rules right up front.

It's pretty much common knowledge, I'm surprise you would ask that kind of question :eusa_think: If you for some reason think anything I've posted is not factual, by all means provide me proof it isn't and I'll remove it.
Then you have nothing to support anything you have said?

And, why would it surprise you that I ask for support? I mean, this IS a DEBATE zone, right?

And, as it IS the DEBATE zone, the burden is on YOU to support what you say. Otherwise it's still cheap talk (or bullshit, either word will do in this case).

MORE mere opinion.

Would you care to refute any of the facts i've posted, or is "no you're wrong" all you can offer? :eusa_think:

It's not Republicans vs Democrats and Paulites vs everybody. This country is in Deep Serious because the government is broken, and there is no use casting blame.

All forms of media buy into casting the other side as 'the enemy,' and they use each of us as ammo against "the opposition."

Taking all of the above as fact - how can we change the status quo.

By requiring the federal government to operate within the confines of the law of the land. EVERYBODY agrees government has the right and requires the funds to oversee the enumerated powers. It's only when they stepped outside of those original rules that the 'us vs them' mentality took off. Of course, anyone that believes the government should operate outside the enumerated powers, there is a remedy, the amendment process. When that was cast aside because our central planners just knew better, we got the status quo.

And you're right, there is not use casting blame because both parties are guilty as hell.

Where have you been?

Politics USED to be about debate. Now it's about propaganda. And, the change is not challenged because of the failure of public education - no one even knows what critical thought and debate is any longer.

oh i agree..... It should be renamed the semi clean opinion zone to be more accurate.

Where have you been?

Unless you want to label it Racist.

Forum List

Back