Not Darwin's Law, it's God's Law.

I cannot argue that other life is devoid of spiritual connection. Indeed, it does make rational sense to me that other life would certainly have some connection to the spiritual Creator. I have never disputed you on that, yet you continue to attack me unmercifully on these threads, as if I had called your mother a whore or something. I'm not getting it.
... it's God's Law.

it is an indisputable fact of life, there is no Everlasting otherwise mortal ... Noah's inclusion. -

the spoken religion.

Let's get real here.

Scientists are even today continuing to argue the origin of the American Indians among themselves even with all the DNA evidence and live specimens of Indians, Egyptians, Pacific Island people, Asians and Mongolians. Sometimes science is a total joke.

Actually, it is you hyper-religious loons who are the joke.

Your usual M.O. again. No argument concerning what I stated, just another lame attack upon the person who said it.

Let's get real here.

Scientists are even today continuing to argue the origin of the American Indians among themselves even with all the DNA evidence and live specimens of Indians, Egyptians, Pacific Island people, Asians and Mongolians. Sometimes science is a total joke.

Actually, it is you hyper-religious loons who are the joke.

Your usual M.O. again. No argument concerning what I stated, just another lame attack upon the person who said it.
Your comment was pointless and off topic, as usual.

But of course, your "because I say so " claim to some invention you have of "intrinsic spirituality" assigned to humanity is false.

That's the problem you share with the hyper-religious: your need to impose your religion on others. You have already announced your preconceptions and biases. You hope to impose on others, the fears and superstitions that religions have used to gain complacency and submissiveness.

I'm afraid your revulsion for science, knowledge and learning causes you to confuse your slogans and cliches' with objective reality.

It's not because I say so at all. It's because we can observe history and see that humans have been spiritual for as long as they have been civilized at least. I've not tried to impose anything on you and I haven't talked at all about religions or religious beliefs. It's not fears and superstitions, we covered that earlier, it can't be. Just like we covered my feelings toward science and it wasn't revulsion.

It's almost as if you're not listening to a word I am saying here. If you just want to stick your virtual fingers in your ears and be a troll, I suppose you can do that. lots of folks do that here.

You're insisting that all of humanity has been something you call "spiritual" yet you provide no support for that. Worse, you can't even define this "spiritual'ness" you have unilaterally applied to humanity.

It's true that most religionists hope to apply their partisan gawds and belief systems to humanity as you do but I need to advise that your mere say-so is not a convincing argument.

Humanity is evolving away from such mythologies as "spirit realms" and angry gawds who threaten to return to earth and open a can of unholy whoop-ass, that much is clear. Religious beliefs have nowhere near the power and clout they used to, and as science progresses forward, the god of the gaps and the "spirit realm" pleadings get thinner and thinner.

Humans have been spiritual as long as they've been civilized according to archeology. I didn't "insist" that, and the "support" is the findings of the archaeologists. I'm sorry if you're too dumb to comprehend what other humans mean by the word "spiritual." I don't know about partisan gods, but a good online dictionary can define spirituality for you, if you're having difficulty.

The statistics do not show humans "evolving away" from spirituality and you've offered no support for that claim. Certain religions rise while others fall, that has been happening for thousands of years. But religion is not spirituality. There are people who are spiritual and not religious at all (like me). Atheism may be on the rise but Atheism is not complete rejection of all things spiritual. In Sweden, the most Atheist country in the world, only half of those who identify as such are willing to say they don't believe in any possibility of something greater than self. Nihilism is the word we use to define people who have no belief in anything spiritual whatsoever. Nihilists represent about 5% of the population and this statistic is constant over the past 200 years at least.

But of course, your "because I say so " claim to some invention you have of "intrinsic spirituality" assigned to humanity is false.

That's the problem you share with the hyper-religious: your need to impose your religion on others. You have already announced your preconceptions and biases. You hope to impose on others, the fears and superstitions that religions have used to gain complacency and submissiveness.

I'm afraid your revulsion for science, knowledge and learning causes you to confuse your slogans and cliches' with objective reality.

It's not because I say so at all. It's because we can observe history and see that humans have been spiritual for as long as they have been civilized at least. I've not tried to impose anything on you and I haven't talked at all about religions or religious beliefs. It's not fears and superstitions, we covered that earlier, it can't be. Just like we covered my feelings toward science and it wasn't revulsion.

It's almost as if you're not listening to a word I am saying here. If you just want to stick your virtual fingers in your ears and be a troll, I suppose you can do that. lots of folks do that here.

You're insisting that all of humanity has been something you call "spiritual" yet you provide no support for that. Worse, you can't even define this "spiritual'ness" you have unilaterally applied to humanity.

It's true that most religionists hope to apply their partisan gawds and belief systems to humanity as you do but I need to advise that your mere say-so is not a convincing argument.

Humanity is evolving away from such mythologies as "spirit realms" and angry gawds who threaten to return to earth and open a can of unholy whoop-ass, that much is clear. Religious beliefs have nowhere near the power and clout they used to, and as science progresses forward, the god of the gaps and the "spirit realm" pleadings get thinner and thinner.

Humans have been spiritual as long as they've been civilized according to archeology. I didn't "insist" that, and the "support" is the findings of the archaeologists. I'm sorry if you're too dumb to comprehend what other humans mean by the word "spiritual." I don't know about partisan gods, but a good online dictionary can define spirituality for you, if you're having difficulty.

The statistics do not show humans "evolving away" from spirituality and you've offered no support for that claim. Certain religions rise while others fall, that has been happening for thousands of years. But religion is not spirituality. There are people who are spiritual and not religious at all (like me). Atheism may be on the rise but Atheism is not complete rejection of all things spiritual. In Sweden, the most Atheist country in the world, only half of those who identify as such are willing to say they don't believe in any possibility of something greater than self. Nihilism is the word we use to define people who have no belief in anything spiritual whatsoever. Nihilists represent about 5% of the population and this statistic is constant over the past 200 years at least.
This must be the Angry Bossy persona as you're still struggling to find some way to defend your indefensible claims to your invented "spiritual" meme. We already discussed your inability to define your "spirit realms" and your insistence to impose those realms on humanity. You simply can't retroactively assign your religious beliefs to those who had no conception of your gawds and your spirit realms.

Religious fanaticism is the label we assign to those who insist on trying to force their gawds and spirit realms on others.

I think the truth is useful. You should try it sometime. Why do far fewer people believe in literal creationism now than in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries? Certainly, back then no one had yet proposed a viable alternative to the creation hypothesis. In large part this was because the religious authorities had greater influence and managed to rigorously suppress the scientific community. A satisfactory naturalistic explanation for the diversity of life had not been proposed. The origin of the universe was even a bigger mystery. Things are different now. The religious orthodoxy in particular was finally pushed aside as the overwhelming evidence for biological evolution was demonstrated. That was a positive development for humanity. I can’t imagine a world wherein humanity was consigned to forever being under the yoke of ideologies such as yours that shroud the natural world in fear and superstition.

This must be the Angry Bossy persona as you're still struggling to find some way to defend your indefensible claims to your invented "spiritual" meme. We already discussed your inability to define your "spirit realms" and your insistence to impose those realms on humanity. You simply can't retroactively assign your religious beliefs to those who had no conception of your gawds and your spirit realms.

Religious fanaticism is the label we assign to those who insist on trying to force their gawds and spirit realms on others.

I think the truth is useful. You should try it sometime. Why do far fewer people believe in literal creationism now than in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries? Certainly, back then no one had yet proposed a viable alternative to the creation hypothesis. In large part this was because the religious authorities had greater influence and managed to rigorously suppress the scientific community. A satisfactory naturalistic explanation for the diversity of life had not been proposed. The origin of the universe was even a bigger mystery. Things are different now. The religious orthodoxy in particular was finally pushed aside as the overwhelming evidence for biological evolution was demonstrated. That was a positive development for humanity. I can’t imagine a world wherein humanity was consigned to forever being under the yoke of ideologies such as yours that shroud the natural world in fear and superstition.

Why do far fewer people believe in literal creationism now than in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries? Certainly, back then no one had yet proposed a viable alternative to the creation hypothesis. In large part this was because the religious authorities had greater influence and managed to rigorously suppress the scientific community....

I know that religious authority was quite skeptical of science back then, but can you name any significant (or insignificant) scientific discovery which was not eventually accepted? What got suppressed? Seems to me, valid scientific discovery cannot be suppressed.

To answer your question, I don't know that fewer people believe in literal creationism now as opposed to centuries ago, the world population is much higher and Christian or Abrahamic religions continue to grow overall. Christianity is the fastest growing religion in Africa, second only to Islam. So where is your basis for argument here? And what do you mean by "Literal" creationism? Isn't that simply meaning how you interpreted the story? See, the thing is, many people believe in a literal creation, as described in the Bible, but they don't agree with your interpretation of that story. In fact, many religious people dispute among themselves the aspects of literal interpretations. But I am not here to argue this, I am not speaking of religious views. My argument is for human spirituality which supersedes all religious belief.

Why do far fewer people believe in literal creationism now than in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries? Certainly, back then no one had yet proposed a viable alternative to the creation hypothesis. In large part this was because the religious authorities had greater influence and managed to rigorously suppress the scientific community....

I know that religious authority was quite skeptical of science back then, but can you name any significant (or insignificant) scientific discovery which was not eventually accepted? What got suppressed? Seems to me, valid scientific discovery cannot be suppressed.

To answer your question, I don't know that fewer people believe in literal creationism now as opposed to centuries ago, the world population is much higher and Christian or Abrahamic religions continue to grow overall. Christianity is the fastest growing religion in Africa, second only to Islam. So where is your basis for argument here? And what do you mean by "Literal" creationism? Isn't that simply meaning how you interpreted the story? See, the thing is, many people believe in a literal creation, as described in the Bible, but they don't agree with your interpretation of that story. In fact, many religious people dispute among themselves the aspects of literal interpretations. But I am not here to argue this, I am not speaking of religious views. My argument is for human spirituality which supersedes all religious belief.
No, valid scientific cannot be suppressed but it can be denied. Such is the case with religious zealots and denial of biological evolution. And, as I noted previously, every scientific discovery in the history of humankind has had an entirely natural causation. Thus, your alleged gawds and magical spirit realms are not open to scientific investigation. That's actually positive for you in the sense that you can appeal to magic and supernaturalism as the mechanisms fir existence while demanding an exception from any standards of reliable demonstration.

It's entirely unimportant if christianity, or any other religion, is the fastest growing religion. Fast growing does not imply it is true. The truth of religious belief is not a majority rules or strength of numbers issue. Similarly, your invention of your new-fangled religion of Bossy's Spirit Realms suffers the same flaws and contradictions that plague all religions: they're inventions of humans.

Here's all those scientists you folks worship:

The scientists claim: All human life began 200,000 years ago in Africa and a woman scientists called Eve.

Where did the American Indian originate?

Scientist #1: From Egypt
Scientist #2: From Mongolia
Scientist #3: From Asia
Scientist #4: From a Pacific Island.

But scientists all know for a fact that all human life originated from Africa's Eve?

Scientists: Yes, all human life originated from Eve in Africa over 200,000 years ago.

But you still can't say for certain from where the American Indian came from?

Science: Well, they all came from Africa's Eve some 200,000 years ago.

Really? But you don't even know from where the American Indian came even much more recently than 200,000 years.

Science: All life began from a single cell.

Really? Even the American Indian?

LOL!!

The scientists claim: All human life began 200,000 years ago in Africa and a woman scientists called Eve.

But scientists all know for a fact that all human life originated from Africa's Eve?

Scientists: Yes, all human life originated from Eve in Africa over 200,000 years ago.

Really? But you don't even know from where the American Indian came even much more recently than 200,000 years.

LOL!!

Let me guess. You got that from AIG.

LOL!

No, valid scientific cannot be suppressed but it can be denied. Such is the case with religious zealots and denial of biological evolution. And, as I noted previously, every scientific discovery in the history of humankind has had an entirely natural causation. Thus, your alleged gawds and magical spirit realms are not open to scientific investigation. That's actually positive for you in the sense that you can appeal to magic and supernaturalism as the mechanisms fir existence while demanding an exception from any standards of reliable demonstration.

It's entirely unimportant if christianity, or any other religion, is the fastest growing religion. Fast growing does not imply it is true. The truth of religious belief is not a majority rules or strength of numbers issue. Similarly, your invention of your new-fangled religion of Bossy's Spirit Realms suffers the same flaws and contradictions that plague all religions: they're inventions of humans.

Okay, so now you admit that valid science can't be suppressed where you previously tried to claim that religious authority had suppressed science. I'll take that as you refuting your own argument.

every scientific discovery in the history of humankind has had an entirely natural causation.

This is because science deals with the physical nature of the universe so when something is discovered it naturally has a natural physical explanation. While science can explain how something happens or what causes something to happen, it can't explain why it happens.

It's entirely unimportant if christianity, or any other religion, is the fastest growing religion. Fast growing does not imply it is true. The truth of religious belief is not a majority rules or strength of numbers issue.

Now you're moving the goal post. You were claiming humanity is evolving away from spirituality and I challenged that with the fact that religions are growing and we have more people on the planet than ever before. So my point has nothing to do with the truth of the religion but simply to refute your claim that humanity is evolving away from spirituality.

Similarly, your invention of your new-fangled religion...

Again, nothing new or fangled about my beliefs. Humans have been spiritual for as long as there have been human civilizations. 95% of humans are still spiritual to some degree.

LOL!!

Most historians agree the people in the Americas migrated from the Asian continent across the Bering Strait. What's fascinating is how all the Native American tribes, and all the Incas, Mayans and Aztecs, were devoutly spiritual people. The cultures changed dramatically from their Asian ancestors, they lived completely different lives, but they all maintained a strong spiritual connection.

LOL!!

Let me guess. You got that from AIG.

LOL!

I don't know who your AIG is. Actually Hollie, I don't have to use other people's work. I can think for myself.

LOL!!

Most historians agree the people in the Americas migrated from the Asian continent across the Bering Strait. What's fascinating is how all the Native American tribes, and all the Incas, Mayans and Aztecs, were devoutly spiritual people. The cultures changed dramatically from their Asian ancestors, they lived completely different lives, but they all maintained a strong spiritual connection.

Actually, many folks don't accept that explanation. Some even say now that there never was a land bridge at all.

LOL!!

Actually, many folks don't accept that explanation. Some even say now that there never was a land bridge at all.
The "many folks" from AIG?

LOL!!

Once again, your invented spirit realms and claimed spiritual'ness is of your own new fangled religion of "Bossy's Spirit Realms"

First Americans Lived on Bering Land Bridge for Thousands of Years - Scientific American

But genetic evidence shows there is no direct ancestral link between the people of ancient East Asia and modern Native Americans. A comparison of DNA from 600 modern Native Americans with ancient DNA recovered from a late Stone Age human skeleton from Mal'ta near Lake Baikal in southern Siberia shows that Native Americans diverged genetically from their Asian ancestors around 25,000 years ago, just as the last ice age was reaching its peak.

LOL!!

Once again, your invented spirit realms and claimed spiritual'ness is of your own new fangled religion of "Bossy's Spirit Realms"

First Americans Lived on Bering Land Bridge for Thousands of Years - Scientific American

But genetic evidence shows there is no direct ancestral link between the people of ancient East Asia and modern Native Americans. A comparison of DNA from 600 modern Native Americans with ancient DNA recovered from a late Stone Age human skeleton from Mal'ta near Lake Baikal in southern Siberia shows that Native Americans diverged genetically from their Asian ancestors around 25,000 years ago, just as the last ice age was reaching its peak.

Once again, your invented spirit realms and claimed spiritual'ness is of your own new fangled religion of blah blah blah...

Whenever I have reduced my opponent to such mindless juvenile babble, it serves as confirmation to me that you're done, the argument is over, you have nothing else of value to offer. I know trolls often like to use this tactic, thinking it somehow causes annoyance and frustration, but for me it's quite the contrary.

As for where the native people of the Americas came from, I am not an expert. I merely stated that many historians believe they came from Asia across the Bering Strait. Your article does not dispute or refute that theory, in fact, it supports it.

So you've confirmed you have nothing but trollish memes to retort and you've also verified my statement about where the natives of America came from. Well done!

LOL!!

Once again, your invented spirit realms and claimed spiritual'ness is of your own new fangled religion of blah blah blah...

Whenever I have reduced my opponent to such mindless juvenile babble, it serves as confirmation to me that you're done, the argument is over, you have nothing else of value to offer. I know trolls often like to use this tactic, thinking it somehow causes annoyance and frustration, but for me it's quite the contrary.

As for where the native people of the Americas came from, I am not an expert. I merely stated that many historians believe they came from Asia across the Bering Strait. Your article does not dispute or refute that theory, in fact, it supports it.

So you've confirmed you have nothing but trollish memes to retort and you've also verified my statement about where the natives of America came from. Well done

LOL!!

That's part of the story, now go back and really do some research and you will discover to your dismay that scientists are people too. Scientists have different opinions on this as well as on many issues. Sorry to have to tell you that.

LOL!!

The "many folks" from AIG?

Isn't AIG an insurance company?

LOL!!

So you've confirmed you have nothing but trollish memes to retort and you've also verified my statement about where the natives of America came from. Well done!
It seems your only opponent has been you. You stutter and mumble something about spirit realms because you're the only recruited member of your new fangled religion of Bossy's Spirit Realms.

And you use a tactic common among those who are too befuddled to actually address the challenges to their specious opinions: you declare yourself the winner and launch into juvenile name-calling. Well done. It's comical. You're a source of amusement.

Forum List

Back