Norman Lear--101

Norman Lear created characters that were what he imagined "working class" people were like. Obviously, he never had any actual contact with them, nor did any of the writers of these programs, apparently.

His main audience was oblivious New Yorkers who shared his limited perspective.

It was mildly entertaining but it was garbage. I knew many Pittsburgh "mill hunky's" who could have sliced and diced "meathead's" fatuous world view in five minutes.

I think Ed Asner could have pulled off Archie

You know what could never be replicated? The 3 Stooges. If anyone tried it, it would be horrible and not believable or not funny. Why is that?

View attachment 871339
Ed MIGHT have been able to handle it, he does mad better than bigoted tho.

They replaced Stooge #3 several times, but Moe and Larry were irreplaceable.

Ed MIGHT have been able to handle it, he does mad better than bigoted tho.

They replaced Stooge #3 several times, but Moe and Larry were irreplaceable.
Ed could have pulled it off but Carroll did it the best. I was just thinking who could do Archie and Ed came to mind.

Shemp was okay but not the one who replaced Curley. He sucked!

Ed could have pulled it off but Carroll did it the best. I was just thinking who could do Archie and Ed came to mind.

Shemp was okay but not the one who replaced Curley. He sucked!
SHemp was the original 3rd, he left for a movie career, and came back.

Shemp, Moe and Curly were brothers.

SHemp was the original 3rd, he left for a movie career, and came back.

Shemp, Moe and Curly were brothers.
"Six Stooges appeared over the act's run (with only three active at any given time): Moe Howard (born Moses Horwitz) and Larry Fine (born Louis Feinberg) were mainstays throughout the ensemble's nearly 50-year run; the pivotal "third stooge" was played by (in order of appearance) Shemp Howard (born Samuel Horwitz), Curly Howard (born Jerome Horwitz), Shemp Howard again, Joe Besser, and "Curly Joe" DeRita (born Joseph Wardell)."

wiki

Forum List

Back