Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013

You gave us years of entertainment,

You deserve your rest, sir.

You gave us years of entertainment,

You deserve your rest, sir.
I can't think of anyone more influential than him. He changed America in the 1980's with Archie Bunker George Jefferson. Maude. Good Times. Sanford and Sons. Facts of Life.

Ivan Reitman died in 2022. That's two VERY influential people no longer on this planet.

Ellen Lear, his one daughter, gets 200 million. That's cool.

Served in the United States Army Air Force during World War II who flew 52 missions over Germany.

Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of these tiny successes. And big ones come too infrequently. And if you don' t collect all those tiny successes, the big ones don't really mean anything.

What an amazing producer, he produced so many intelligent, hilarious shows and could not help imparting an underlying, not simply obvious message. All In The Family was the most brilliant sitcom of all time, can any situational comedy ever top that?

Not no, but hell no.

What an amazing producer, he produced so many intelligent, hilarious shows and could not help imparting an underlying, not simply obvious message. All In The Family was the most brilliant sitcom of all time, can any situational comedy ever top that?

Not no, but hell no.
So many shows copied him. I thought he did Different Strokes too but I guess not.

I bet they say he influenced them.

He was the creator of "All In The Family" "The Jeffersons" "Maude" and many more!!! he was amazing!

RIP Norman Lear and thank you for everything!:clap2:

finally
The irony of the Left is that they preach about stereotyping, but they love doing it.
His TV shows were based on derogatory left-wing stereotypes.
You know stereotypes exist for a reason right? Perhaps bigots watched Archie Bunker and realized how ignorant they were. But this goes both ways. Archie was a bigot but he stereotyped too right? And I'll defend him. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

But what Meathead tried to teach him was that he was wrong. Meathead was right. You know that right? I believe he was a Republican back then right?

He was the creator of "All In The Family" "The Jeffersons" "Maude" and many more!!! he was amazing!

RIP Norman Lear and thank you for everything!:clap2:

They should make one of our cable channels the Norman Lear Channel NLC and play nothing but his shows all day. At least for a year.

You know stereotypes exist for a reason right? Perhaps bigots watched Archie Bunker and realized how ignorant they were. But this goes both ways. Archie was a bigot but he stereotyped too right? And I'll defend him. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

But what Meathead tried to teach him was that he was wrong. Meathead was right. You know that right? I believe he was a Republican back then right?
Until his character left his wife and child for another younger woman he was teaching in a college. That no good bigot Archie paid for him and his wife for many years. There are nuances in things. Things we pass over. Meathead was a Prog through and through and like a higher percentage of them than those not Progs, left Dodge and let someone else pay after he let someone else pay for several years until he graduated college.

Until his character left his wife and child for another younger woman he was teaching in a college. That no good bigot Archie paid for him and his wife for many years. There are nuances in things. Things we pass over. Meathead was a Prog through and through and like a higher percentage of them than those not Progs, left Dodge and let someone else pay after he let someone else pay for several years until he graduated college.

You have a problem with men divorcing their wives for a younger woman? Then you must not be voting for Trump.

If it weren't for my bigot grandfather I wouldn't be here either. Doesn't mean he's right to be a bigot.

Hey, I think Norman Lear made sure to point out that while Meathead might be right, liberals aren't perfect either. Typical young pergressive liberal.

You have a problem with men divorcing their wives for a younger woman? Then you must not be voting for Trump.

If it weren't for my bigot grandfather I wouldn't be here either. Doesn't mean he's right to be a bigot.

Hey, I think Norman Lear made sure to point out that while Meathead might be right, liberals aren't perfect either. Typical young pergressive liberal.
I am just saying that it was part of the program. We know what Archie was. Frankly he was a caricature of the worse that we can be about other cultures. We can laugh and learn. There were other shows like "In Living Color" and "Chappelle" also. Not preachy. And made some points. In all directions.

I am just saying that it was part of the program. We know what Archie was. Frankly he was a caricature of the worse that we can be about other cultures. We can laugh and learn. There were other shows like "In Living Color" and "Chappelle" also. Not preachy. And made some points. In all directions.
I love my ethnic friends who have thick skin. You can make fun of them. Russians, Mexicans, Asians, Indians, Italians, Iranians, Greeks. Notice I didn't say blacks or jews?

I love being like Archie Bunker. I gave my nephews my vintage Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace jerseys. They've been hung up so long the white is faded. Su Lin walks in and I'm like, "oh my thank god you're here sue lin. We have these shirts they have stains what should we do to get them out?

Everyone in the room laughs their asses off. So ignorant, on purpose. Funny shit. Archie played a great role. That dude was able to re invent himself after Archie. That's not easy to do.

Not as good as Shatner. TJ Hooker. LOL

I love my ethnic friends who have thick skin. You can make fun of them. Russians, Mexicans, Asians, Indians, Italians, Iranians, Greeks. Notice I didn't say blacks or jews?

I love being like Archie Bunker. I gave my nephews my vintage Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace jerseys. They've been hung up so long the white is faded. Su Lin walks in and I'm like, "oh my thank god you're here sue lin. We have these shirts they have stains what should we do to get them out?

Everyone in the room laughs their asses off. So ignorant, on purpose. Funny shit. Archie played a great role. That dude was able to re invent himself after Archie. That's not easy to do.

O'Connor was an actor. Shatner isn't. (not a singer either)

Carrol O'Connor long after All in the Family called Archie a horrible man. He was more of a dramatic actor that did some loose comedy in certain productions. Yet no one else could be Archie.

Carrol O'Connor long after All in the Family called Archie a horrible man. He was more of a dramatic actor that did some loose comedy in certain productions. Yet no one else could be Archie.
they did a remake of an episode with Woody Harrelson as Archie.

sucked.

only thing about the remake I liked was Marissa Tomei as Edith.

Married with Children was a classic sitcom.

they did a remake of an episode with Woody Harrelson as Archie.

sucked.

only thing about the remake I liked was Marissa Tomei as Edith.
Marissa Tomei is way different than Jean Stapleton. MAD TV some years ago did a few skits on All in the Family only the Archie character ended up having to correct himself as it was politically correct. Will Sasso was a regular on MAD TV and played Archie I believe.

Marissa Tomei is way different than Jean Stapleton. MAD TV some years ago did a few skits on All in the Family only the Archie character ended up having to correct himself as it was politically correct. Will Sasso was a regular on MAD TV and played Archie I believe.
Marissa Tomei is way different than Jean Stapleton.
But she had her Edith character down to a T.

(BTW Jean was way different than Edith,)

I think Ed Asner could have pulled off Archie

You know what could never be replicated? The 3 Stooges. If anyone tried it, it would be horrible and not believable or not funny. Why is that?

1702303789220.png

Forum List

Back