wifi password battle

A neighbor insists that he has a right to access another man's wifi.

comment:
this guy is super moocher lol
he doesn't have a conscience
he should have called the police on him

Yeah, saw this the other day. Hilarious. Love the casual "Old Fruit" he threw in there.

Whenever I got an updated modem from xfinity I noticed that they had guest wi-fi turned on and fully accessible by anyone who wanted to access my Internet freely by default.

I turned that off.

I'll bet most xfinity customers don't even know it's happening.

And if they're enabling it by default, I imagine other Internet providers are, too.

Last edited:
Whenever I got an updated modem from xfinity I noticed that they had guest wi-fi turned on and fully accessible by anyone who wanted to access my Internet freely by default.

I turned that off.

I'll bet most xfinity customers don't even know it's happening.

And if they're enabling it by default, I imagine other Internet providers are, too.
Yep - I did the same. I wasn't aware of it until I was later setting up a 2nd Roku in the another bedroom, it was giving me fits so I typed in my router i.p to access it and - what's this? - there was someone else connected to it.
I disconnected them, and Googled around and saw where Xfinity routers have a "private side" and a "public side" - well screw that, it is still one access point, and their usage will slow mine down. So I shut it off.

Yep - I did the same. I wasn't aware of it until I was later setting up a 2nd Roku in the another bedroom, it was giving me fits so I typed in my router i.p to access it and - what's this? - there was someone else connected to it.
I disconnected them, and Googled around and saw where Xfinity routers have a "private side" and a "public side" - well screw that, it is still one access point, and their usage will slow mine down. So I shut it off.

There are other outliers beyond just slowing down your own connection. Outliers that I want no part of.

The thing about that cat in the video in the OP, though, assuming that it's a legit interaction, is that he truly felt that he was entitled.

Last edited:
The thing about that cat in the video in the OP, though, assuming that it's a legit interaction, is that he truly felt that he was entitled.
I love his "justification"... "within your four walls it is private, but outside of your walls it is public isn't it?"
I also wonder if that is a thing in Britain... no initial password on a wifi?

My initial thought might have been to give the old fella the password, since his usage was likely limited to only emailing friends and relatives. But with his attitude about the whole thing, I would have little doubt he would have been "neighborly" and given it to other neighbors.

2 years and he didn't have a password? Wow.

The instant I set mine up I set it to not broadcast the name. You can't even scan and see mine.

You have to specifically know my wifi name before you can even begin to guess the password. Both of which are a jumbled mess of letters, numbers and characters.

That guy is a fucking loon though. I'd have told him to leave and never come back then called the police if he said one more word.

Forum List

Back