No wonder you can now easily pay $25.00-$30.00 for two people to eat at a fast food joint.

Our McD’s has shortened lobby hours. So it’s hard to sit down to eat there unless you don’t work.
Point is, don't feel sorry for McD franchise owners. I believe each location makes $1 million dollars a year. People who own Subway franchises make $30K per each location. McD raises prices because your fat ass pays. I pay too. On Tuesday I go get 2 McDoubles for $3 and $1 small fry. Total after tax is under $5. And my nephew says you need to get the app. Do you have the McD app? Probably not. BOGO's all the time on the app.

Point is, don't feel sorry for McD franchise owners. I believe each location makes $1 million dollars a year. People who own Subway franchises make $30K per each location. McD raises prices because your fat ass pays.

McD's large drink is $1.29. Above people are complaining about the costs of drinks. Two Sausage McMuffins are $3.00. A pretty decent deal.

McD's large drink is $1.29. Above people are complaining about the costs of drinks. Two Sausage McMuffins are $3.00. A pretty decent deal.

Republicans hate it that "Biden" is getting inflation under control.

The 18 committee members appear split between those who favor one or two more rate hikes and those who would like to leave the Fed’s key rate where it is for at least a few months and see whether inflation further moderates. This group is concerned that hiking too aggressively would heighten the risk of causing a deep recession.

I keep telling them Joe's got this. We don't need Trump to fix inflation.

This is how they fooled us and we got Reagan.

The 18 committee members appear split between those who favor one or two more rate hikes and those who would like to leave the Fed’s key rate where it is for at least a few months and see whether inflation further moderates. This group is concerned that hiking too aggressively would heighten the risk of causing a deep recession.

I don't believe Biden had much of anything to do with it.

Prices are extremely high in America and the fault of it is because of the Rich elite politicians, including Republicans. In large part of course they set the policies. But also and some part the American people could do better. I think the American citizens are not as strong as we used to be in the 1940s or the 20th century for example.

The elite class has been pretty bad at creating jobs in America for a few decades now. We long for another Henry Ford who can give millions of of Americans middle class jobs out of high school

Aside from that, seeing these extremely rare occurrences of a fast food restaurant paying anything more than $20 an hour is something that is interesting. Those folks are living in places where the cost of living is so astronomical that the 25 bucks or 20 an hour isn’t going to get you much more than a small studio apartment . It’s probably in places like San Francisco or Los Angeles or something of that nature.

Just drive across the country. If you see somebody working a fast food job, they ain’t making squat. Fast food restaurants are a disgrace to America. They’re unhealthy they don’t do anything good for anybody except their investors.

All of that being said the message of the original post my take away from it is clear and I agree with it. Inflation is a big problem in America.

Those folks are living in places where the cost of living is so astronomical that the 25 bucks or 20 an hour isn’t going to get you much more than a small studio apartment .
Northeast WA is not an "astronomical" market and that $22 is what McDs is paying to start. Read an article yesterday that told of doctors in residency that were paid less than employees of In n Out burger. The economic hardships are yet to come and it won't be pretty.

Joe caused it.

Joe caused it.
Actually, you can say the first one who caused it was Trump because his 2018 tax breaks to everyone certainly contributed bigly towards inflation.

Put more money in everyone's pockets guess what? Corporations are going to jack up the prices of everything. That's what they did when Joe sent you money. Because you couldn't afford to go 1 month without income.

60% of Americans Now Living Paycheck to Paycheck, Down from 64% a Month Ago​

02/28/2023

Looks like Joe's fixing this too.

That food is truly awful, went there for the first time in years and felt sick after eating a cheeseburger and McNuggets. Never eating that garbage again.

I won't eat at Taco Bell anymore. It's not beef. No way.

Taco Bell® Introduces New Beyond Carne Asada Steak

I'm telling you the Taco Bell near my home is using it and not telling us.

I haven't been to a Taco Bell in close to a year since this happened. I also went to a local "authentic" place and I think they were doing it too. Not ground beef. I know ground beef when I eat it.

Northeast WA is not an "astronomical" market and that $22 is what McDs is paying to start. Read an article yesterday that told of doctors in residency that were paid less than employees of In n Out burger. The economic hardships are yet to come and it won't be pretty.
I agree with you essentially on the part about the economic hardship have yet to come up. Although I hope we’re wrong about that one

as for these fast food restaurants paying more than $20 an hour. I’ve read the same articles you have, and I’m not disagreeing with them. I’m saying that from driving across the country and from seeing what other fast food restaurants are paying that that 20-25$ per hour is an exception.

But there does seem to be somewhat of an increase in the pay of fast food employees, and that should alarm us. That’s not a good thing. That means that more and more Americans are eating unhealthy. It’s part of the problem large portions of Americans spend the little money They have on unhealthy food, video games, things like that. They’re told by the government to smoke marijuana and that it’s OK to be single and not have kids.

The thing is with inflation going on even with this increase in pay for fast food workers …. This will not solve our economic problems. Maybe we don’t like the fast food jobs for different reasons …I don’t like fast food jobs I think that they’re a bad thing for our country. I don’t even like the sight of a fast food restaurant.

I do worry for example, if we have another great depression, I think that our country is not as strong and determined as we were in the 1920s and 1930s. With the rise of materialism, greed, the rise of anti-Christian attitudes in America, anti-religious attitudes. I don’t know if the population can handle things like soup lines…

These are the reasons why I advocate for people like Tucker Carlson, and Andrew Tate. I don’t agree with everything they say, but they are the ones in leadership positions with voices telling young man to be healthy to work as hard as they can, even though the economy is not what it used to be

The thing is with inflation going on even with this increase in pay for fast food workers …. This will not solve our economic problems.
The unjustified increase in the minimum wage and low skilled, entry level jobs is one of the primary drivers of inflation. If a business' operating costs increase they will adjust prices accordingly. It is a vicious cycle and the increases in this one were excessive and inequitable.

Perfect storm, ridiculous inflation, shortages and 15 dollar minimum wage demands

Snickers

Today, eating out is going to set you back some serious change.
Two people eating at a sit down restaurant, even a Denny's type dive, can easily set you back $50.00.

‘My In-N-Out manager drove a Mercedes and a Lexus’: Doctors find out In-N-Out workers get paid more than they do​

'I almost want to cry when I go to In-N-Out on my lunch break.'​

A store manager of an In-N-Out makes over $100,000 a year. It's been this way for years. Nothing new or recent.

The unjustified increase in the minimum wage and low skilled, entry level jobs is one of the primary drivers of inflation. If a business' operating costs increase they will adjust prices accordingly. It is a vicious cycle and the increases in this one were excessive and inequitable.

If you can't pay $22-$25 an hour you aren;t doing enough business to justify hiring anybody. You're in a glutted market, or you're stupid and just looking for some sucker to run your business for you for nothing.

Forum List

Back