Amazon shuts down man's smart home because a Amazon driver made a false claim.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
So a Amazon driver said he heard racist comments while delivering a package and reported it to Amazon and Amazon shut down his "smart home".

In the end the home owner wasn't even home and the driver "mistakenly" misheard the guys doorbell. But it doesn't take away from the fact Amazon shut down his services just because a god damn delivery driver made a baseless accusation.

Since when are retailers like Amazon allowed to just turn off someone's private services because some random delivery person makes a complaint that has 0 proof or credibility? Even if it was credible how is it Amazon is allowed to reach into someone's personal life without even bothering to contact authorities or even contact the individual?

So a Amazon driver said he heard racist comments while delivering a package and reported it to Amazon and Amazon shut down his "smart home".

In the end the home owner wasn't even home and the driver "mistakenly" misheard the guys doorbell. But it doesn't take away from the fact Amazon shut down his services just because a god damn delivery driver made a baseless accusation.

Since when are retailers like Amazon allowed to just turn off someone's private services because some random delivery person makes a complaint that has 0 proof or credibility? Even if it was credible how is it Amazon is allowed to reach into someone's personal life without even bothering to contact authorities or even contact the individual?

I do not know if I beleive this or not, but if I were a Republican it seems to me like a corporation should be able to do whatever it wanted, the free market will sort it out.

Fake news 100%.

Amazon does not have the power to shut down someone's home or lock them out of their house.

Fuck "smart" anything.

People who go for "smart" things are abdicating to mere objects their own obligation to be intelligent.

They are saying to inanimate objects, "Be smart so I don't have to".

Time is here.

Idiot got what he deserved.

And while we're at it, fuck Amazon. When they pledged to pay for their employees' abortions, they stopped getting my money. I'm not in the baby-killing business.

Last edited:

I dont have an Amazon Dumb Home, and after reading this I never will

Fuck "smart" anything.

People who go for "smart" things are abdicating to mere objects their own obligation to be intelligent.

They are saying to inanimate objects, "Be smart so I don't have to".

Time is here.

Idiot got what he deserved.

And while we're at it, fuck Amazon. When they pledged to pay for their employees' abortions, they stopped getting my money. I'm not in the baby-killing business.

Another damn luddite.

Just how does one give proof of something that does not exist?
Youre claiming that a smart home cant be turned off from the internet that it is connected to through an app. Do you have proof for this obviously incorrect claim? Im guessing you STILL dont. You never do.

Youre claiming that a smart home cant be turned off from the internet that it is connected to through an app. Do you have proof for this obviously incorrect claim? Im guessing you STILL dont. You never do.

That is not what I claimed. I claimed Amazon could not lock someone out of their house or shut down the house. The best they could do is remove the Echo account which means the person still has access to everything in his house.

That is not what I claimed. I claimed Amazon could not lock someone out of their house or shut down the house. The best they could do is remove the Echo account which means the person still has access to everything in his house.
Who the fuck said anyone was "locked out of their house"? Is there EVER a situation where you ARENT wrong? :cuckoo:

Who the fuck said anyone was "locked out of their house"? Is there EVER a situation where you ARENT wrong? :cuckoo:

1686670882636.png

Forum List

Back