No wonder Russia agreed with the New Start treaty

With this post from jake is the tell all of the intent. Why would the russians be so quick to agree to a new start treaty? Anytime the russians have been quick to agree to something it was because it was good for them. Now who is undermining the countries security?

That is certainly an opinion. Since we are giving opinions, bigreb, I believe that the very small group questioning the wisdom of START undermines the country's security for base political reasons, not for love of country.

Not just and opinion of mine maybe you would enjoy this

STRATFOR and New START… In2theFray

Your source is a blog, so we are dealing with opinion, nu? Suggestion: what the secretaries of state opine is far more worthy of consideration than the opinions of you, me, or the aardvark.

Last edited:
That is certainly an opinion. Since we are giving opinions, bigreb, I believe that the very small group questioning the wisdom of START undermines the country's security for base political reasons, not for love of country.

Your source is a blog, so we are dealing with opinion, nu? Suggestion: what the secretaries of state opine is far more worthy of consideration than the opinions of you, me, or the aardvark.

A blog with facts.

A blog with facts.

Nope. Opinion. You are just posting links now (that having nothing to do with this) because you know you will get your opinion kicked up your butt when you pretend that it has any merit.

Last edited:
uh, i'm not a lib
and this bomb requires a cargo plane or the old Tu-22 Tupolev to deliver it
that is a 50+ year old airframe
this can NOT be placed onto a missile as it is TOO HEAVY

if you run around fearing everything, you will not have anything in your life but fear

post went to incorrect user. Sorry.
Oh it is not fear. It is this......We had the Russians on the ropes. And amazingly our political relations with Russia had greatly improved. Notice the tensions between Russia and The US even since Obama was elected?. That is because Putin is in charge, doesn't like the US and looks upon Obama as weak. When you view your adversary as weak, you take advantage of that weakness.
Back to the diplomatic relations we had with Russia before Putin, wonderful...Why after some 40 years of Cold War were we more friendly with Russia then ever? One, keep your friends close, your enemies closer. Two, when your adversary is weak, keep him weak but make him think he's happy.
I cannot believe there are people in this country who are so naive as to think the Russians with their current people in power are going to honor any treaty honorably.
Vladimir Putin surrounds himself with people who were of the Old Soviet Union's inner workings. These are former KGB and former military people who hold the same distrust and avarice toward the US as they always did. In fact there is no doubt in my mind that Putin and Co. may possibly resent the US for helping in the breakup the USSR!!!

Having lived in Russia and studied it's economy for the World Bank...I can say that your assessment is cartoonish bullshit.

Really?..Prove it. Where are the records and facts you have to refute the reality of Russian military personnel going AWOL because they were not being paid?. Where is your evidence that post Soviet Russia was not being over run by organized crime? Where is your evidence that food and energy was not in short supply. Where is your evidence to refute the exodus of citizens and low birth rate? Where is your evidence indicating the Post Soviet economy was not in a shambles?
I really get a chuckle out people like you who make these observations and their only argument is "I have so and so on my resume"....
Please.....So tell me oh great one, why was the Russian Air Force offering rides in military aircraft for money to raise funding for parts and to pay technicians to fix the planes?...Because the Russian military was awash in money?....
Unless you can present facts to the contrary, your post means bupkis.
BTW, if you did actually "study" (snicker snicker) the Russian economy, when was that? If it was in the last 10 years, we're referring to two different periods of time.

post went to incorrect user. Sorry.
Oh it is not fear. It is this......We had the Russians on the ropes. And amazingly our political relations with Russia had greatly improved. Notice the tensions between Russia and The US even since Obama was elected?. That is because Putin is in charge, doesn't like the US and looks upon Obama as weak. When you view your adversary as weak, you take advantage of that weakness.
Back to the diplomatic relations we had with Russia before Putin, wonderful...Why after some 40 years of Cold War were we more friendly with Russia then ever? One, keep your friends close, your enemies closer. Two, when your adversary is weak, keep him weak but make him think he's happy.
I cannot believe there are people in this country who are so naive as to think the Russians with their current people in power are going to honor any treaty honorably.
Vladimir Putin surrounds himself with people who were of the Old Soviet Union's inner workings. These are former KGB and former military people who hold the same distrust and avarice toward the US as they always did. In fact there is no doubt in my mind that Putin and Co. may possibly resent the US for helping in the breakup the USSR!!!

Having lived in Russia and studied it's economy for the World Bank...I can say that your assessment is cartoonish bullshit.

Really?..Prove it. Where are the records and facts you have to refute the reality of Russian military personnel going AWOL because they were not being paid?. Where is your evidence that post Soviet Russia was not being over run by organized crime? Where is your evidence that food and energy was not in short supply. Where is your evidence to refute the exodus of citizens and low birth rate? Where is your evidence indicating the Post Soviet economy was not in a shambles?
I really get a chuckle out people like you who make these observations and their only argument is "I have so and so on my resume"....
Please.....So tell me oh great one, why was the Russian Air Force offering rides in military aircraft for money to raise funding for parts and to pay technicians to fix the planes?...Because the Russian military was awash in money?....
Unless you can present facts to the contrary, your post means bupkis.
BTW, if you did actually "study" (snicker snicker) the Russian economy, when was that? If it was in the last 10 years, we're referring to two different periods of time.

Fail, thereisnospoon. Try again.

It was sourced in #92 above. A source need only be given once. Admit your fail, and let's move on.
The "source" is a story that appeared in the WashPost. It is allegedly a joint opinion by 5 fmr secy's of State.
So what?....The piece offers no basis for the opinions.
Not only is there a conspicuous absence of factual material to support the opinion, it smacks of "just do what we say and everything will be all right".....Yeah, well I just don't buy it.
There is too much NOT to trust about the Putin regime.

No supposed about it, sherlock. The article appears under their names and their opinion counts far more than yours or any blog. This is a done deal, and you are on the bench not able to play. Get over it.

No supposed about it, sherlock. The article appears under their names and their opinion counts far more than yours or any blog. This is a done deal, and you are on the bench not able to play. Get over it.

That your source is an opinionated source.

These are the four Republican Presidents it mentions
Presidents Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush. It's a very dishonest opinion to say the least.

Richard Nixon was called a liar and a crook
Reagan did it at the advantage of America since our bomber fleet surpassed Russia. Reagan wanted to limit ICBM's and the Russians knew it
George W. Bush Was best know for the new world order speech
And now we come to the supposed hated dumbest president of all times according to the liberal media George W. Bush.

Now with the exception of Reagan how are we to supposed to take your opinionated source seriously?

Presidents Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush. It's a very dishonest opinion to say the least.

Reagan did it at the advantage of America since our bomber fleet surpassed Russia. Reagan wanted to limit ICBM's and the Russians knew it
And now we come to the supposed hated dumbest president of all times according to the liberal media George W. Bush.

Now with the exception of Reagan how are we to supposed to take your opinionated source seriously?

Because all those men sat in the chair..and know exactly what we are dealing with..

So all their opinions carry weight.

Because all those men sat in the chair..and know exactly what we are dealing with..

So all their opinions carry weight.

OH so their opinion counts now, but way back when liberals say they did not know what they were doing. I see the golden boy touches everything and everything that a Republican president did is forgotten.

Thats why I find this very suspious the libeals and obama are for it and the Russians. W eknow the Russians hate America, and he liberals show signs they hate America. So fuck you and the rest of the russian loving liberals and this treaty.

First, the opinions are of the living secretaries of state. Second, you are not going to find Carter, Bush the Elder, Clinton, or Bush the Younger saying that START should not have been passed now. Third, one and two are the differences between statesmen like them and political opportunists like you.

ps: if Reagan was for it, you know you are for it.

i dont see how reducing nukes will harm america. its not like we and russia cant kill each other 100 times over even with the reductions

Who needs nukes when you have the new bomb that russia has?
No DOUBT!!!!!

We could always tag them WMD II!!!!!!!!!!!!!

("conservatives" always did enjoy a sense-of-urgency!!! :lol: )

saddam_mobilescuds.jpg

"REMEMBER!! He's gotta stop, really-FAST!!!"

THERE'S those WMDs!!!!!

First, the opinions are of the living secretaries of state. Second, you are not going to find Carter, Bush the Elder, Clinton, or Bush the Younger saying that START should not have been passed now. Third, one and two are the differences between statesmen like them and political opportunists like you.

As I said in an earlier post

OH so their opinion counts now, but way back when, liberals said they did not know what they were doing. I see the golden boy touches everything and everything that a Republican president did is forgotten.

Thats why I find this very suspious the libeals and obama are for it and the Russians. W eknow the Russians hate America, and he liberals show signs they hate America. So fuck you and the rest of the russian loving liberals and this treaty.

OH so their opinion counts now, but way back when, liberals said they did not know what they were doing. I see the golden boy touches everything and everything that a Republican president did is forgotten.

The Doctor's 1st rule of the Internets:

If your argument contains the words "... hates America", you're a fucking moron.

If your argument contains the words "... hates America", you're a fucking moron.
So Russia never hated us? and liberals don't act like they have hated America? Those who disagree with what I said just prove how right I am and are liars, especially when they claim to be a doctor.

So Russia never hated us? and liberals don't act like they have hated America? Those who disagree with what I said just prove how right I am and are liars, especially when they claim to be a doctor.

I never claimed to be a doctor. And your post is living proof of my rule.

So if it's the doctors rule and you claim it's your rule. Then you have made that claim to be a doctor there by you just lied.
The Doctor's 1st rule of the Internets

Also maybe you should think about changing your moniker

Last edited:

So if it's the doctors rule and you claim it's your rule. Then you have made that claim to be a doctor there by you just lied.
The Doctor's 1st rule of the Internets

Also maybe you should think about changing your moniker

Perhaps you should learn the difference between "The Doctor" (an internet nickname) and "a Doctor", a job title.

Forum List

Back