No wonder Russia agreed with the New Start treaty

We did not have the Russians down, and every president and secretary of state all know better than you, thereisnospoon.

Really? Ok what were those images of Russian soldiers going AWOL because they were not being paid. And those crumbling airfields., the dilapidated military buildings, the horribly in need of repair facilities, the inability of the Russian government to maintain it's fighter planes?.....Of the inability of the Russian law enforcement to control organized crime, the public housing falling apart, an economy in shambles, no recognizable products coming from the country.
The fact post Soviet Russia was in a shambles. The country was losing population due to emigration and low birth rates. We did that. We beat the shit out of our most dangerous adversary without firing a single shot.
And now we have people like you wanting to kiss their ass.
What's next, you gonna start waving the Russian flag on May 1st?

I wonder why more don't call jake on his bullshit. every thread he seems to be an authority on the subject, he gives his opinion as fact with no supporting information.

You guys makes statements with no backing at all, the fact has been provided above that all living former secretaries of state and presidents supported the signing of start, and you guys are acting as "an authority". I am pointing out the fact of the situation and you guys are mouthing unrealities.

Really? Ok what were those images of Russian soldiers going AWOL because they were not being paid. And those crumbling airfields., the dilapidated military buildings, the horribly in need of repair facilities, the inability of the Russian government to maintain it's fighter planes?.....Of the inability of the Russian law enforcement to control organized crime, the public housing falling apart, an economy in shambles, no recognizable products coming from the country.
The fact post Soviet Russia was in a shambles. The country was losing population due to emigration and low birth rates. We did that. We beat the shit out of our most dangerous adversary without firing a single shot.

I wonder why more don't call jake on his bullshit. every thread he seems to be an authority on the subject, he gives his opinion as fact with no supporting information.

You guys makes statements with no backing at all, the fact has been provided above that all living former secretaries of state and presidents supported the signing of start, and you guys are acting as "an authority". I am pointing out the fact of the situation and you guys are mouthing unrealities.

How many replies have you made that you used a link?

Your question is irrelevant to the OP.

The secretaries and presidents, to your shock I know, do know more than you about this issue.

The secretaries and presidents, to your shock I know, do know more than you about this issue.

How many times have you used a source to support your opinion? My question is relevant to show that you are full of shit

Last edited:
Genius.....The Russians have been spending their oil and gas revenues very wisely. The country has been rebuilding their military.
Oh, are you aware that START prohibits the US from building anti- nuke missile defense systems in NATO countries in Europe?....Yeah, why is it that the Russians oppose building anti-missile defense systems? Because it scares the crap out of them. It scares the crap out of them because THEY CAN'T BUILD ONE!!!!!!
So they use this idiotic treaty to wreck our strategic advantage, you dummy!
Why the fuck are you libs so willing to be chummy with the God Damned Russians in the first place? Do you think the Russian missile knows your home houses people who are in favor of START?
uh, i'm not a lib
and this bomb requires a cargo plane or the old Tu-22 Tupolev to deliver it
that is a 50+ year old airframe
this can NOT be placed onto a missile as it is TOO HEAVY

if you run around fearing everything, you will not have anything in your life but fear

post went to incorrect user. Sorry.
Oh it is not fear. It is this......We had the Russians on the ropes. And amazingly our political relations with Russia had greatly improved. Notice the tensions between Russia and The US even since Obama was elected?. That is because Putin is in charge, doesn't like the US and looks upon Obama as weak. When you view your adversary as weak, you take advantage of that weakness.
Back to the diplomatic relations we had with Russia before Putin, wonderful...Why after some 40 years of Cold War were we more friendly with Russia then ever? One, keep your friends close, your enemies closer. Two, when your adversary is weak, keep him weak but make him think he's happy.
I cannot believe there are people in this country who are so naive as to think the Russians with their current people in power are going to honor any treaty honorably.
Vladimir Putin surrounds himself with people who were of the Old Soviet Union's inner workings. These are former KGB and former military people who hold the same distrust and avarice toward the US as they always did. In fact there is no doubt in my mind that Putin and Co. may possibly resent the US for helping in the breakup the USSR!!!

:lol:

And what?

That's what the Russian people want. A strong Russian leading them. They had a democracy..what they picked was an Oligrachy. Russians are very conservative. They want an orderly society. They want a small group of extremely wealthy people running the show. Moscow..is now more expensive then New York. That's what they wanted.

They aren't going to capitulate in a treaty. They want give and take. That's what they got.

How many times have you used a source to support your opinion? My question is relevant to show that you are full of shit

Your question offers nothing of relevance to the OP. All the authorities know better than you do, bigreb, as shocking as that seems to you. If you are trying to make this about who is better at this, you or me, you lost before you ever became a member of the Board.

Yeah. Nice attempt to dodge the issue. Not letting this go, jakey.
You've posted no facts nor links to back up your claims that all these former government officials support the latest START treaty. And even if they do, so what?..
That does not make them the headiest individuals on the planet.
So have it. In the mean time don't come back with nonsense.
The fact is post soviet Russia was for a short time a Third World country.
Once again, you as other libs have sown your yellow spined wish for "whirled peas".
You chicken footed morons think that by appeasing and adversary they will leave us alone.
You cheer for the weakening of thus country and your heart bleeds for those who have somewhat other interests in mind..

Your question offers nothing of relevance to the OP. All the authorities know better than you do, bigreb, as shocking as that seems to you. If you are trying to make this about who is better at this, you or me, you lost before you ever became a member of the Board.

yoiur opinion of my question to you is irrelevant the only way you will get a pass on this is show how many post you make that you give an opinion on and also give a source to support your opinion. That is the only relevant issue here between you and me. nothing else will do. back it up or remain a bitch pawned pussy.

Genius.....The Russians have been spending their oil and gas revenues very wisely. The country has been rebuilding their military.
Oh, are you aware that START prohibits the US from building anti- nuke missile defense systems in NATO countries in Europe?....Yeah, why is it that the Russians oppose building anti-missile defense systems? Because it scares the crap out of them. It scares the crap out of them because THEY CAN'T BUILD ONE!!!!!!
So they use this idiotic treaty to wreck our strategic advantage, you dummy!
Why the fuck are you libs so willing to be chummy with the God Damned Russians in the first place? Do you think the Russian missile knows your home houses people who are in favor of START?
uh, i'm not a lib
and this bomb requires a cargo plane or the old Tu-22 Tupolev to deliver it
that is a 50+ year old airframe
this can NOT be placed onto a missile as it is TOO HEAVY

if you run around fearing everything, you will not have anything in your life but fear

post went to incorrect user. Sorry.
Oh it is not fear. It is this......We had the Russians on the ropes. And amazingly our political relations with Russia had greatly improved. Notice the tensions between Russia and The US even since Obama was elected?. That is because Putin is in charge, doesn't like the US and looks upon Obama as weak. When you view your adversary as weak, you take advantage of that weakness.
Back to the diplomatic relations we had with Russia before Putin, wonderful...Why after some 40 years of Cold War were we more friendly with Russia then ever? One, keep your friends close, your enemies closer. Two, when your adversary is weak, keep him weak but make him think he's happy.
I cannot believe there are people in this country who are so naive as to think the Russians with their current people in power are going to honor any treaty honorably.
Vladimir Putin surrounds himself with people who were of the Old Soviet Union's inner workings. These are former KGB and former military people who hold the same distrust and avarice toward the US as they always did. In fact there is no doubt in my mind that Putin and Co. may possibly resent the US for helping in the breakup the USSR!!!

Having lived in Russia and studied it's economy for the World Bank...I can say that your assessment is cartoonish bullshit.

yoiur opinion of my question to you is irrelevant the only way you will get a pass on this is show how many post you make that you give an opinion on and also give a source to support your opinion. That is the only relevant issue here between you and me. nothing else will do. back it up or remain a bitch pawned pussy.

No pass from you is required for any of us.

I will question your assertions, I will demand your evidence, and you will not get a pass on this.

No pass from you is required for any of us.

I will question your assertions, I will demand your evidence, and you will not get a pass on this.

Pussy boy can't supprt what he claims.

Now that is a claim of yours, bigreb. As long as you don't give evidence for it, the claim is yours and it applies to nobody else, only the claimant. Now if you want to turn your claim into an informed assertion, then give evidence for it. Then someone can post evidence that clearly refutes the OP. For instance,

"Why New START deserves GOP support" By Henry A. Kissinger, George P. Shultz, James A. Baker III, Lawrence S. Eagleburger and Colin L. Powell Thursday, December 2, 2010 Why New START deserves GOP support

Now that is a claim of yours, bigreb. As long as you don't give evidence for it, the claim is yours and it applies to nobody else, only the claimant. Now if you want to turn your claim into an informed assertion, then give evidence for it. Then someone can post evidence that clearly refutes the OP. For instance,

"Why New START deserves GOP support" By Henry A. Kissinger, George P. Shultz, James A. Baker III, Lawrence S. Eagleburger and Colin L. Powell Thursday, December 2, 2010 Why New START deserves GOP support
Very good junior you used a source now
do you have any proof (threads or posts where you used a link) that you use a source when you insert your opinion? If you do use a source I am sure you can share it I am sure you have it readily avaible.

Do any of us really imagine that our nucelar stockpile couldn't be cut in half and we'd STILL have more than enough firepower to destroy the entire world?

How many nuclear detonations do you folks think it'd take to cause a nuclear winter, anyway?

The sooner mankind finds it way to getting rid of these life-on-earth ending bombs, the better.

do you have any proof (threads or posts where you used a link) that you use a source when you insert your opinion? If you do use a source I am sure you can share it I am sure you have it readily avaible.

<snip above > because bigreb's comment does not apply to the lesson.

Now for the second step of your schooling, bigreb. Whenever you have have posted an uninformed opinion, any one else can post an opinion saying to the effect "nope, that's not right." You can offer another opinion to the extent "uh uh" but the second you ask for evidence for the opinion rebuttal, you invalidate your original opinion. You, as the poster of the original claim, must support it with evidence before you can require anyone to post evidence rebutting your unsupported claim.

Now here is an unsupported claim. "Marry a woman big in frame." Now here is the support of logic that does not require a primary source. Common sense tells you the claim makes sense. "Wide hips to bear children, big breasts to nurse them, strong arms to carry them."

Now you can say "START is good or START is bad" and I can say "stick your argument up your ass" and none of that matters.

What matters is that the secretaries of state based on their points in the article are correct and you are wrong, bigreb. Don't take your anger out on me, talk to them.

Thus endeth the lesson.

Last edited:

bump

You have been properly schooled, bigreb, so let's end the thread: the OP is fail, and let's move on.

<snip> because jake has no link just an opinionated post and has no merit to the discussion

You have been properly schooled, bigreb, so let's end the thread: the OP is fail, and let's move on.

just another opinionated post that has no merit with the topic of discussion no link and no sources., school boy time for you to take a nap

That is your opinion, given in reply to a substantiated, sourced evidence that proves your claim nonsense.

You fail.

Forum List

Back