No Toilet, No Mosque

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
"Hundreds of Muslims offered Friday prayers near Rome's Colosseum to protest at the closure of mosques and other places of worship in Italy.

The prayer demonstration was staged over what they see as unfair restrictions on freedom to practise their faith in the country, according to organisers who called the protest following the recent closure of five makeshift mosques on administrative grounds.

Many Italian Muslims suspect local authorities are responding to a climate of mistrust caused by recent attacks in Europe by closing down the places of worship on the grounds of easily resolved problems, such as the number of toilets on a particular premises."

Muslims stage protest prayers near Rome's Colosseum

What a bunch of crap. The worshipers should assimilate and obey the law rather than attempt to have the law bend to their unhygienic will.

"a bunch of crap" I get it, hyuk hyuk.

Sooooo.... it's "unhygenic" to want sufficient toiletry, is it?

Must be kind of fragrant at your house.

• Banned

No, read the whole post instead of hopping around, Pogo.

....I support the use of toilets.

Many Italian Muslims suspect local authorities are responding to a climate of mistrust caused by recent attacks in Europe by closing down the places of worship on the grounds of easily resolved problems, such as the number of toilets on a particular premises."

Not sure there are a whole lot of alternative ways to read that. :dunno:

• Banned

You should have spent your misguided youth on the books instead of on the stick.

Pogo_e79f71_277936.gif

No it is unhygenic not to have any toilets, which is the case with these makeshift mosques . watch the muslims complain that they will have to use the toilet facing mecca, or that they are facing away from mecca. Cost a British firm a lot of money when the imam came and put his compass on the floor and said the buildings needs to be rebuilt. I would have just said that the muslims could take lesser roles in other parts of the company

No it is unhygenic not to have any toilets, which is the case with these makeshift mosques . watch the muslims complain that they will have to use the toilet facing mecca, or that they are facing away from mecca. Cost a British firm a lot of money when the imam came and put his compass on the floor and said the buildings needs to be rebuilt. I would have just said that the muslims could take lesser roles in other parts of the company

Nobody said they "don't have any toilets". The OP printed a paragraph that indicates mosques are getting closed on technicalities such as arcane toilet laws. And he can't figure out the thrust of his own story.

There is always a solution

wc_papier.jpg
Y-e-a-h ....... except that Arabs don't use toilet paper or the sitting commode. I've travelled a lot through the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Squat, a porcelain slit in the floor, a water spigot, a bucket, and the fingers of one's left hand. That's all there is.

Nobody said they "don't have any toilets". The OP printed a paragraph that indicates mosques are getting closed on technicalities such as arcane toilet laws. And he can't figure out the thrust of his own story.

That are unhygenic in the west, and so the temporary mosques built without permission are closed down. There are laws in place for such things that everyone must follow, no exceptions, yet the muslims see themselves as above the laws.

It's the government who wants more toilets, not the Muslims.

Y-e-a-h ....... except that Arabs don't use toilet paper or the sitting commode. I've travelled a lot through the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Squat, a porcelain slit in the floor, a water spigot, a bucket, and the fingers of one's left hand. That's all there is.
Total BS. It's simply not true.
I don't know if you want a challenge or not ... but you've got one. You obviously know nothing on the subject.

"Hundreds of Muslims offered Friday prayers near Rome's Colosseum to protest at the closure of mosques and other places of worship in Italy.

The prayer demonstration was staged over what they see as unfair restrictions on freedom to practise their faith in the country, according to organisers who called the protest following the recent closure of five makeshift mosques on administrative grounds.

Muslims stage protest prayers near Rome's Colosseum

What a bunch of crap. The worshipers should assimilate and obey the law rather than attempt to have the law bend to their unhygienic will.

The Bedouins go out in the desert weeds and dig a hole with their hands to do their pooping and peeing and when done cover it back up just like a cat. There is no common latrine in a Bedouin community.

Total BS. It's simply not true.
I don't know if you want a challenge or not ... but you've got one. You obviously know nothing on the subject.
I have lived in 3 Muslim countries for a total of over 9 years. Muslims have been my friends, colleagues, clients, and neighbors. What you are saying is not true. Simply not true. I work in the same building as they do, use the same toilets. What you say is a lie. I've been in their homes, used the facilities in their homes. What you say is not true. I've traveled with them. What you say is not true. End of.

I have lived in 3 Muslim countries for a total of over 9 years. Muslims have been my friends, colleagues, clients, and neighbors. What you are saying is not true. Simply not true. I work in the same building as they do, use the same toilets. What you say is a lie. I've been in their homes, used the facilities in their homes. What you say is not true. I've traveled with them. What you say is not true. End of.
Oh my God. How shallow can one be? I have been to about 20 Moslem countries, from Mauritania to Indonesia. I know (and you should know) that the VAST MAJORITY of people living in the epicenter radius of the Arab world do their poo-poo business exactly as I say they do. If you are going to point to the affluent of the U.A.R. Bahrain Qatar etc. as the "typical" Arab ... or give me this "don't make sweeping generalizations" bull shit, then don't bother. I hold discussions with honest people, not with those who make ridiculous conclusion based upon 'their neighbours in the privileged enclaves' of society.

Oh my God. How shallow can one be? I have been to about 20 Moslem countries, from Mauritania to Indonesia. I know (and you should know) that the VAST MAJORITY of people living in the epicenter radius of the Arab world do their poo-poo business exactly as I say they do. If you are going to point to the affluent of the U.A.R. Bahrain Qatar etc. as the "typical" Arab ... or give me this "don't make sweeping generalizations" bull shit, then don't bother. I hold discussions with honest people, not with those who make ridiculous conclusion based upon 'their neighbours in the privileged enclaves' of society.
Ironically, you are full of shit.

There is always a solution

wc_papier.jpg

footbath.jpg

That is the crux of the issue , whatever structures or habits that are in place at those makeshift Mosques speak to unsanitary conditions that may place the health, safety and welfare of the citizenry in jeopardy according to the local authorities

Forum List

Back