No Rebuttal from GOP

1) Im not a republican and the last republican I voted for was scott brown, before that george bush in 2000 VS GORE so get that incorrect assumption out of here

2) It is great leadership to get all the different personalities in the Big Tent republican party to all agree to not respond to whatever obama says. It shows that the republicans, while having people of many different ideas in their party, can still act in unison.

3) The republicans have already introduced 3 seperate plans, obama is WAY behind the ball.

I agree and IMO its a smart move by the GOP.

If they don't rebut it then they can't be accused of bein obstructionist.

Again. Smart move by the GOP.

BTW TDM is a flamming partisan idiot and she proves it everytime she posts. Jeeze.

We'll see whether it's a smart move. It's very early days and perhaps whatever happens this autumn is irrelevant to the outcome of the 2012 elections. But at some point the electorate might want to see the candidates actually address each other's arguments. If so, pretending that Obama doesn't exist might hurt the Repubs.

I'd prefer to do something to compel the idiot in chief to answer questions fully and honestly.

The route is simple.

Ignore his childish baiting.

Ignore his imbecility.

Stick to one's OWN position and express it loudly and clearly. When challenged about it, honestly ANSWER those questions.

MAKE THE CASE!

I can't wait to see the debate tonight. They will probably really beat each other up but good!!! And my weather bug says the high here today is supposed to be 107 degrees!! They are going to roast their respective asses off!!! :)

I can't wait to see the debate tonight. They will probably really beat each other up but good!!! And my weather bug says the high here today is supposed to be 107 degrees!! They are going to roast their respective asses off!!! :)

I want to see if they talk about romney's actual economic plan.

I've been checking it out, its pretty freaking smart! I didn't like romney but this plan, especially the parts about china, really have me leaning toward supporting him in the primary and general.

There are only two rebuttals available:

1) LOL
2) Tears of Despair.

Neither one of those need to be broadcast directly after the speech.

Immie

I've been checking it out, its pretty freaking smart! I didn't like romney but this plan, especially the parts about china, really have me leaning toward supporting him in the primary and general.

I checked it out also and it does look good.

Just wonder if he could get it through Congress??

I checked it out also and it does look good.

Just wonder if he could get it through Congress??

Well he could get it through the house................I guess the senate depends on the election results or a miracle ;) (The miracle would be one of the parties deciding to compromise for real)

BTW TDM is a flamming partisan idiot and she proves it everytime she posts. Jeeze.

We'll see whether it's a smart move. It's very early days and perhaps whatever happens this autumn is irrelevant to the outcome of the 2012 elections. But at some point the electorate might want to see the candidates actually address each other's arguments. If so, pretending that Obama doesn't exist might hurt the Repubs.

I'd prefer to do something to compel the idiot in chief to answer questions fully and honestly.

The route is simple.

Ignore his imbecility.

Stick to one's OWN position and express it loudly and clearly. When challenged about it, honestly ANSWER those questions.

MAKE THE CASE!

What an intelligent and insightful comment.

Thanks for the info. It should be interesting. I plan to watch it live, but I set my recorder just in case. I think it's important that everybody watches. I hope they do.

The route is simple.

Ignore his imbecility.

MAKE THE CASE!

Come on, now. I've been thinking nice things about you lately. Don't spoil it!!! How about watching his speech tomorrow and being really objective??

The route is simple.

Ignore his imbecility.

MAKE THE CASE!

Come on, now. I've been thinking nice things about you lately. Don't spoil it!!! How about watching his speech tomorrow and being really objective??

I might watch his speech. And when I get REALLY irritated at the way he constantly behaves, I mutter some things to my wife which she doesn't really want to hear. (She is not yet fully recovered from being a life-long lib. She's made tremendous progress, but still thinks squishy soft things about liberal politicians since the propaganda has been so pervasive for so long, it's difficult to undo the brainwashing.)

But how about this, Rinata? I will continue to be all kinds of objective but you must commit to doing so, also.

And when it's all done, you come back here and REPORT exactly in what way or ways President Obama said anything new, got detailed, got specific, got conciliatory, was civil and even-handed and actually HAD a genuine (not even just necessarily "new") PROGRAM to offer.

I like the beer drinking games too, We count how many times President Obama says "I" or any indefinite pronoun amounting to the same thing. Let's seeeeeee which of us gets drunk first and which one passes out first.

The route is simple.

Ignore his imbecility.

MAKE THE CASE!

I might watch his speech. And when I get REALLY irritated at the way he constantly behaves, I mutter some things to my wife which she doesn't really want to hear. (She is not yet fully recovered from being a life-long lib. She's made tremendous progress, but still thinks squishy soft things about liberal politicians since the propaganda has been so pervasive for so long, it's difficult to undo the brainwashing.)

But how about this, Rinata? I will continue to be all kinds of objective but you must commit to doing so, also.

And when it's all done, you come back here and REPORT exactly in what way or ways President Obama said anything new, got detailed, got specific, got conciliatory, was civil and even-handed and actually HAD a genuine (not even just necessarily "new") PROGRAM to offer.

I like the beer drinking games too, We count how many times President Obama says "I" or any indefinite pronoun amounting to the same thing. Let's seeeeeee which of us gets drunk first and which one passes out first.

It's a deal!!! I will make a real effort to be totally objective tomorrow. But you must be totally objective tonight. Okay???

It's a deal!!! I will make a real effort to be totally objective tomorrow. But you must be totally objective tonight. Okay???

K. I can't really play the drinking game, though, to be honest with you. So, I'll just stick with the objective part.

K. I can't really play the drinking game, though, to be honest with you. So, I'll just stick with the objective part.

HAHAHA!!! Me either!!! Oh, how I long for my youth. :) Going drinking and dancing was so much fun. I loved it!!! I could not make it through one dance today or one drink before I fell out. :lol:

LaughingAtObamaFront.jpg

Ame®icano;4105795 said:
There will be rebuttal, just not immediately.

Again, why to offer rebuttal on a speech that hasn't happen yet and almost no one knows what's in the speech?
Let me make this clear....platitude....maumaumau....blame republicans....yammeryammeryammer.....blame earthquakes, tsunamis, fires, floods, LOCUSTS!....twaddletwaddletwaddle....slogan....prattleprattleprattle....Let me make this clear...blahblahblah....working families....yakyakyakyak....blame corporate jet owners and CEOs....jawjawjawjaw....we gotta spend another trillion$$$.....dronedronedronedrone....invest....maumaumaumau.....shared sacrifice.....blablabla...HOPEY CHANGEY!

You left off some of the BIG fillers the man REGULARLY uses.

Errrr...

Uhhhhmmmm...

Ahhhhh...

Sprinkle in a few dozen or so of EACH. Do not use --- errrr --- sparingly.

Forum List

Back